Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching the Albion away next year will cost you an extra £200 in petrol minmum

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Good. I hate southern away games when you get Albion morons going for the 'day out' rather than because they have an interest in the football.

I really get pissed off by geeks dressed head to toe in blue n white looking like excuses for grown ups. Week in week out, all they have to do at the weekend is go to football. Could be at home, or Norwich away, or Carlisle or Plymouth, they will be there. Basically they have no life outside of football, no friends, no family and probably single too.

Whereas the guys on a day out have got other interests in their life as well as football, so will make the most of their day off the lead so to speak.

Which are you badger?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
You have a point here, i mean if you book far enough in advance for trains, hotels etc - its pretty cheap. Just the effort which puts people off - I love away days me !!! Do plan to go to as many as possible next season though - so i will be going to the London games.
Its not just the effort, some people have tp work weekends and if you have to work every other weekend. With a ST you are more likely to fit time off with the home games. And yes sometimes you can book time off and go to an away game. Then cost does come into it for some people, and balancing family life. I wish I could go to every home game( And I can) and every away game. But I have work and a family who also want my time.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I really get pissed off by geeks dressed head to toe in blue n white looking like excuses for grown ups. Week in week out, all they have to do at the weekend is go to football. Could be at home, or Norwich away, or Carlisle or Plymouth, they will be there. Basically they have no life outside of football, no friends, no family and probably single too.

Whereas the guys on a day out have got other interests in their life as well as football, so will make the most of their day off the lead so to speak.

Which are you badger?
At Last well said. I just do not have time for people who think they are better then anyone else. I am so glad I get to spend time with my children at the weekends and support them in their activities as well as getting along to watch Brighton

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
At Last well said. I just do not have time for people who think they are better then anyone else. I am so glad I get to spend time with my children at the weekends and support them in their activities as well as getting along to watch Brighton

I think you guys are completely missing the point. We're not saying people who go to Carlisle and Middlesbrough are better. Just that you get a small but very noticeable group of knuckle dragging, dim-witted, racist, homophobic, agressive, excessively pissed up, coked-up, cock-sure, up for a fight throw-backs at local games that you don't get elsewhere. For example I've seen Albion fans singing "we hate pakis" at Leyton Orient, this indefensible shit does not happen up north.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you guys are completely missing the point. We're not saying people who go to Carlisle and Middlesbrough are better. Just that you get a small but very noticeable group of knuckle dragging, dim-witted, racist, homophobic, agressive, excessively pissed up, coked-up, cock-sure, up for a fight throw-backs at local games that you don't get elsewhere. For example I've seen Albion fans singing "we hate pakis" at Leyton Orient, this indefensible shit does not happen up north.
TCB's point is easily lost though. He starts off talking about morons on a day trip (which is fair enough) and ends up talking about how there is more atmosphere among 1,000 long haul Albion than 3,000 Albion 100 miles from home. This much is complete bollocks as most people who have done both will testify.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
TCB's point is easily lost though. He starts off talking about morons on a day trip (which is fair enough) and ends up talking about how there is more atmosphere among 1,000 long haul Albion than 3,000 Albion 100 miles from home. This much is complete bollocks as most people who have done both will testify.

No, I agree with him on that point too. Admittedly there are exceptions, like Charlton - great atmosphere last season. But generally a thousand at Burnley will make twice as much noise as 2,000 at Watford, for example, at least in terms of continuously singing and singing more than "albiyawn, albiyawn".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, I agree with him on that point too. Admittedly there are exceptions, like Charlton - great atmosphere last season. But generally a thousand at Burnley will make twice as much noise as 2,000 at Watford, for example, at least in terms of continuously singing and singing more than "albiyawn, albiyawn".
Millwall and Peterbrough away are usually decent atmospheres in the away end too.

I think we'll have to bring in [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] for a definitive answer to this question!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Millwall and Peterbrough away are usually decent atmospheres in the away end too.

I think we'll have to bring in [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] for a definitive answer to this question!
The aforementioned goons don't go to millwall or peterborough. There werent many at palace either due to the ticketing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Having been to both Watford and Burnley last season the one thing they had in common was that we didn't have a shot in target in 90 minutes.

Regardless of the number of fans, if the Albion bore the pants off them away from home they won't make noise as it can be soul destroying to watch.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Regardless of the number of fans, if the Albion bore the pants off them away from home they won't make noise as it can be soul destroying to watch.

Best example of this was Birmingham. Boring match, which affected their fans as well as ours as it was all dull in general.

Think it all has something to do with the time and day of the matches too. For example, at evening games - ive found the atmosphere to be better - possibly because some people have been drinking all day - my opinion anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The aforementioned goons don't go to millwall or peterborough. There werent many at palace either due to the ticketing.
Yes I know that. But what's that got to do with the 3,000 v 1,000 argument?

To clarify, I'm not disputing the fact that more goons go to the local away games. I am disputing this stupid idea that 1,000 Albion up north always create twice as much noise and a better atmosphere as 2-3,000 nearby. It is bollocks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'd agree with that. A couple of the worst games for atmosphere were Middlesbrough and Coventry.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Good. I hate southern away games when you get Albion morons going for the 'day out' rather than because they have an interest in the football.

Very good point. As much as I enjoy the London away days, they always bring with them a group of Brighton that I rarely seen at away games, and when I do they are drunk and obnoxious.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Coventry was one of the worst experiences of the last two seasons. Just an utterly abject performance that sucked the life out of the 1000 or so who had made the trip. It was however the venue for one of my most enjoyable match day shits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here