Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching the Albion away next year will cost you an extra £200 in petrol minmum

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have no idea if anybody else feels the same, but personally I felt totally subdued and, at times, bored at almost all away matches last season for one reason: THE AMEX.

Suddenly, home matches became so good and all I looked forward to was getting to our stadium at any opportunity. Going to pretty much every other ground just seemed a bit tedious in comparison.

Personally think it was more to do with lethargic performances on the road but the wow factor for the Amex was there for every game for me as a totally new experience from Withdean

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Good. I hate southern away games when you get Albion morons going for the 'day out' rather than because they have an interest in the football.

This, this and this. In fact I heartily agree with all of your posts in this thread. The short distance goons ruin so many of the local away games.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
The away performances that I went to were sadly awe inspiring, so I think that definitely contributed to the poorer atmosphere.

Still this season we have a few more Northern cities to explore and I like the North so looking forward to it.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Certainly some long old pokes next season:

terrain-map-of-gb.gif

This, this and this. In fact I heartily agree with all of your posts in this thread. The short distance goons ruin so many of the local away games.

ah yes, the great away fans, 1000 or so of footballs finest and most decent loyal and well behaved fans, meanwhile the other 19,000 of us are saving up our giro's to ensure enough Lambrini to get us to Crystal Palace railway station (can you walk it from there by the way?, i've only ever been to Orient and Southend, oh and Spurs of course)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
without doing the maths I think I am fractionally better off than last season :)
This is, however, more than offset by the £1000+ "additional" cost having signed up for a home season ticket

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
True, but i love watching us play away with a massive following.
Not as much fun going up to places like Doncaster with less than 1,000 fans and making no atmosphere.

Some away northern games i went to had a good atmosphere - Ipswich was alright up until they went 2-1 up, Barnsley was decent - cant speak for the others though. Thought Birmingham was probably the dullest of the season though - and we had 2,000 go to that one !!!! Not all about the numbers there.

On the plus side, maybe there will be less of a binfest for tickets.

Except for Palace, any PL teams in the Cups and maybe Millwall and Charlton (London clubs).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Some away northern games i went to had a good atmosphere - Ipswich was alright up until they went 2-1 up, Barnsley was decent - cant speak for the others though. Thought Birmingham was probably the dullest of the season though - and we had 2,000 go to that one !!!! Not all about the numbers there.

Except for Palace, any PL teams in the Cups and maybe Millwall and Charlton (London clubs).
millwall's never come close to selling out for some reason.

Thought we were unusually quiet at Leeds this season
That's because half of our crowd were arguing with the steward rather than singing :-/

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here