Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was the catering better today?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
and as for the pies!!!anyone recommending them,must have been eating pot noodles and frey bentos last few years,dire!!

LOL. These items have had a bit of a

Hollywood Blockbuster, not to be missed build up havnt they ?

when in fact they are just, well , edible,

perhaps we should ask Michael Winner down for his opinion,

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I didnt bother but were the queues quicker?

Better in the east before the game,
very slow at half time though , many mustve missed the start 2nd half,
1st young man serving me had
poor command of english ,
young lady just before half time stared at me blankly when i asked for my reciept ,
"Things",.... "Can only get better"...

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Have you checked the balance online? Ignore what the till says that won't deduct the 10%, but the smartcard reader does it for you.

Yup, I guessed the till was wrong and checked my online balance just before posting the above.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
After hearing of the debacle that was the SCC game I didnt really have too many expectations today. That said whatever the problem was they have clearly sorted it out. Queues were swift and always moving. Been to many a ground where im just stood in a dead end queue but today was not the case. An obvious working program where someone pours and someone serves resulting in a constant stream of beer and service. Smartcard transactions were ok and will only get better in time as familiarisation beckons. Post match service was also great. Reduced kiosks however demand stipulated that. Great to have a pint after the game, nip down stairs for a smoke and come back up. Especially with the hold up at the station. I will make use of this facility more often then not. Great game today. Many a spurs fan in town now fancies us for a long shot at promotion. Dont know about that but for 40 minutes we made them look ordinary. All in all a fantastic day in a great stadium. Not many teething problems and the ones ive missed will be resolved for sure

Vega

Jul 23, 2011
Brighton
I thought that they got it right. I bought my pie outside and it was hot and very tasty. Inside I found shelves had been fitted, good. The queues were only 4-5 deep and I got my beer very quick. I agree that the card was no quicker than using cash.
I only wish that some people would sit down at the start of the match. I am on an isle and I had people passing in front of me looking for their seats 10 minutes into each half

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
I simply had problems with staff training I think. Firstly given wrong change, then had one of our drinks given to someone else, twice. Finally having originally ordered one burger and one pie I got two pies. By this time I just couldn't be bothered to moan any more.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
and as for the pies!!!anyone recommending them,must have been eating pot noodles and frey bentos last few years,dire!!

After the big recommendations from the SSCF attendees (they had sold out by the time I got served) I deliberately didn't eat in the pub before the game, preferring to wait to sample Amex pies. Disappointed with the steak and ale pie I had and it's given me the smelliest farts I've had in years.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
WSU was spot on today... short queues, quick service, all products available.[/B] Pies delicious. Coffee piping hot! 10/10

Have they stopped doing the Oriental food already?

In the northern most WSU bar, these options had been covered up on the price list, and oviously weren't available. I'd quite fancied the chillibeef & noodles option. Chicken pie was a very filling substitute though!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
First day at a new stadium and you wonder about the food! No doubt some folk were filling their boots :)

This wasn't the first day, we had the Sussex Senior Cup Final a couple of weeks ago at which there were huge queues for the refreshments and widespread complaints, hence me starting this thread. Keep up Cottager.

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
I had about a 4 minute wait to get served in WSL, i then had to wait another 2 minutes for them to make more burgers. Service was friendly and the pre poured pints worked a treat.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Dick's pre match, 2 minutes.
West stand upper concourse at ten to three, got a pie with no queue.
West stand upper concourse half time for three pints, 2 minutes.
Dick's post match, 2 minutes to get in, no queue at the bar.

If it's like this every week I will be absolutely delighted.

It'll all change when the kids arrive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here