Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was the catering better today?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I waited 20mins to get a pint in Dick's bar which I expected (but one suggestion would be to pre-poor 50-100 pints to save time).

Food was great (IMO) - pie was hot and tasty, and only waited 2 mins to be served before the game.

Good start I thought.

Lush

Mods' Pet
1901 was a f~cking joke in lower gold lounge.No food available at all at half time apart from the pre-booked meals.Slow service or teething problems I can understand but to have no food at all unless you pre-booked a whole meal was a complete joke.We were told there was food available on the concourses but we weren`t allowed through.Complete and utter joke.Wish I had never got talked in to getting 1901 as the rest of the stadium looked great after the game.The stadium and the football were fantastic.But we were treated like second class citizens by clueless but polite staff.We spent the whole of half time trying to find a bloody pie but to no avail!!

*snigger*

Sorry.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
WSU was spot on today... short queues, quick service, all products available. Pies delicious. Coffee piping hot! 10/10

<font size "1" face="Courier New">Sent from my iPhone usnig my fat fingers.</font>

LOL - Know just what you mean !

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
got the wrong pie filing and was card only but that was fine by me. Gutted I didn't get the steak and ale I asked for as the chicken wasn't all that.

WSU had one closed and opened about 10 minutes after the whistle it seems. I just grabbed a Harvey's as it had no queue.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Dick's pre match, 2 minutes.
West stand upper concourse at ten to three, got a pie with no queue.
West stand upper concourse half time for three pints, 2 minutes.
Dick's post match, 2 minutes to get in, no queue at the bar.

If it's like this every week I will be absolutely delighted.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Got a bit of a shock with the walking hot dog sellers, beer/water I can understand but would have thought 'hot food' would be a different matter. Did anyone have one? Any good?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One of the north stand kiosks closed after the game, the queue was 10 deep at the other one, so met up with mates and then decided to go to the West Stand Upper to see the view. Their kiosks were all OPEN and we got served immediately. After having a drink there, we looked through the superstore and then had a drink in Dick's bar without any queueing to get in.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Asylum seekers who dont speak english is kinda shite really,took me over 5 minutes,to get hot dog,pint,and a bovril, "what is a bovril" lmfao,quicker service = more money,other than that,the quality of food was spot on.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
am I right in thinking that if you have mates in another stand you can simply walk around and into the stand's concourse to meet them ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I thought the bars were supposed to be open after the game but the west upper ones were all shut.

they werent shut!!!! open as the final whistle went,i go t served,then shut for 5 mins,opened both ends of the concorse

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
and as for the pies!!!anyone recommending them,must have been eating pot noodles and frey bentos last few years,dire!!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
am I right in thinking that if you have mates in another stand you can simply walk around and into the stand's concourse to meet them ?

Yes :thumbsup:
I am in the WSU but walked into the North and WSL concourses (but could have walked into the East easily too)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I had the last half pint of Harvey's in the North before the game and it took a while for the girl to work out how to pay me back some money as I had paid for a pint.

Queue at half time were very long and was why the north stand was half empty when the second half started.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
they werent shut!!!! open as the final whistle went,i go t served,then shut for 5 mins,opened both ends of the concorse

Well they were all shuttered up when I came down the stairs so gave up and went home. They must have reopened when I had gone. Perhaps there is some daft rule that they gave to shut at final whistle.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Queue at half were very long and was why the north stand was half empty when the second half started.

You could have always bought one of these piddly little plastic bottles of Fosters for £3.60 off the bloke with the rucksack. Which I'm ashamed to say I did rather than join stupid long queue. Note to self: get a grip in future, you don't need a half-time beer THAT bad! :down:

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
I'm sure we were told at 1901 presentation we could meet with friends in other general areas but that didn't seem to be the case - trapped in the 1901 lounge it appeared !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here