Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Israel right/justified in blowing up Ahmed Yassin ?

Was Israel right/justified in blowing up Ahmed Yassin ?.

• Yes

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 72.0%

• Total voters

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Simple yes or no ?.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I suppose you could argue they were justified - but it was the wrong decision. We all know the carnage they can now expect. Making a martyr out of an enemy is always the worst thing you can do.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
i HAVE READ SOMEWHERE HE WAS THE ISAREALI BIN LADEN, IF THIS IS TRUE THEN FOR ME...YES

ps sorry bout the caps lock

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Simster said:
Making a martyr out of an enemy is always the worst thing you can do.

exactly.. whether they were justified or not they certainly aint done themselved no favours.

i'm sick of the middle east.. both sides are as bad as each other.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Who knows?? I don't know what to think about that situation, all I know is the Hamas aren't gonna sit back and take that, the revenge attack is going to be horrendous, i don't think there is any doubt about that.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Raphael Meade said:
i dont think he was the israeli anything. looks decidely palestinian to me :lolol: :lolol: :dunce:

he is :) but Northstander is on (almost) the right path, he did have connections with Bin Laden and is rumoured to have been behing many attacks on Israelis,

I'm not sure I'm glad he been murdered though

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
They have made the world even more unsafe, bunch of selfish right wing wankers!

OK, the bloke was probably scum, but in the eyes of the Palistinians they are fighting a war for territory against a much more powerful nation that has been in breach of UN resolutions against the palestinian people for longer than most of us have been alive. It goes to show how desperate they are that they are prepared to blow themselves up in the first place.

The actions of Arial Sharon have just helped recruit the next lifetimes worth of suicide bombers on the West bank, and god knows how many more supporters of the Al Quaeda cause.

Israel are a loose canon and probably the biggest threat to all of us in the world today.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Let me see...

The rest of the western world see to be at the mercy of Islamic fundamentalists. The reason we have these fundamentalists if because of the actions of Isreal on the Western Bank. Supported morally and financially by the USA. 200 die in Madrid. Isreals answer is to fire rockets at Palastine.

If I had my way I'd wipe Isreal off the face of the planet as no one wants them there. Isreal is a man made state and they obviously have no intention of living peacefully alongside Muslims who also have right to be there. The whole world is suffering because Isreal cannot obide it's neigbours.

Jews seem to get let off a hell of a lot these days as everyone is sorry for what they went through in the war and that somehow we're all responsible. Well that was 60 years ago. This is now.

If America was at all interested in peace they would withdraw funding from the Isreali war machine. oh but hang on they have a large Jewish population in America which is controlling power. Damn.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
no. its not really going to help things is it?? it will just lead to more hatred and more bombing. The Israeli / Palestinian war has gone way out of hand, and unfortunately i cant see any solution in the near future - untill they all kill eachother and theres no-one left.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lammy said:

Jews seem to get let off a hell of a lot these days as everyone is sorry for what they went through in the war and that somehow we're all responsible. Well that was 60 years ago. This is now.

Do you seriously believe that?

(Not meant in anyway, just curious like)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd flatten the whole f***ing area . . .theyre all a bunch of extremely lunacised nutters . . .the sooner theyre dealt with the better . . . . .and the Yanks need a f***ing good kicking for funding it all too . . . . .

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Do you seriously believe that?

(Not meant in anyway, just curious like)

It's just the general feeling I get. It's ok to have a go at Muslim fundamentalists but if anyone points teh finger at Jews then you must be a Nazi.

Basically traditionally Jews have been a bunch of nomades with no country to call their own . Therefore they have been persecuted throughout the centuries as no one wanted them on their doorstep. After the war it was decide that in our greta wisdom we'd simply give them Isreal as that is the holy land from where they are from. Totally disregarding the fact that there are also Musilms that also regard this land as their own already and also consider the land to be just as holy. Isrealies no consider it their right to occupy this holy land and basically tell all the Muslims to piss off. They even put up illegal settlements on Muslim land.

It's bit like saying at the end of the war calling Wales the new Isreal. Fair enough you may think. They then start spreading their wings a bit and start setting up home in Bristol etc. What about he Welsh people who have lived there for generations? Wouldn't they feel a bit pissed off?

It's also a bit like the Northen Ireland situation. Scottish Protestant settlers taking all the best jobs etc. America sided with the IRA in that case. This time they've sided with Isreal. 1) because they help to set it up 2) There are a lot of high ranking Jews in America pulling the strings and not too many Muslims.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Show me the man who can sort the Israeli/Palestinian problem and I'll probably be looking at the Messiah.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lammy said:
It's just the general feeling I get. It's ok to have a go at Muslim fundamentalists but if anyone points teh finger at Jews then you must be a Nazi.

Basically traditionally Jews have been a bunch of nomades with no country to call their own . Therefore they have been persecuted throughout the centuries as no one wanted them on their doorstep. After the war it was decide that in our greta wisdom we'd simply give them Isreal as that is the holy land from where they are from. Totally disregarding the fact that there are also Musilms that also regard this land as their own already and also consider the land to be just as holy. Isrealies no consider it their right to occupy this holy land and basically tell all the Muslims to piss off. They even put up illegal settlements on Muslim land.

It's bit like saying at the end of the war calling Wales the new Isreal. Fair enough you may think. They then start spreading their wings a bit and start setting up home in Bristol etc. What about he Welsh people who have lived there for generations? Wouldn't they feel a bit pissed off?

It's also a bit like the Northen Ireland situation. Scottish Protestant settlers taking all the best jobs etc. America sided with the IRA in that case. This time they've sided with Isreal. 1) because they help to set it up 2) There are a lot of high ranking Jews in America pulling the strings and not too many Muslims.

Good answer, thanks.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
If Isreal didn't have the financial clout of America behind them then they would be forced to listen to the palatinians rather than just blow then up!!

Why can't people just live together FFS?

Sharon has just signed the death warrant for another bus load of commuters and a cafe full of ordinary israelis enjoying a cup of coffee, I hope the families of the future dead will thank him for the protection his regime and policies have given the people of Israel.

His heavy handed law breaking has resulted in a massive increase in the number of israeli dead at the hands of the suicide bombers. All that he has done has strengthend the bloody circle of violence in the region. Why he is allowed to get away with extra-judicial murder, blatant land stealing, illegal occupation and possession of weapons of mass destruction is beyond me. If he was in charge of an arab country we would have invaded it by now. The double standards applied to Israel make me sick.

The only way out of this mess is by negotiating a lasting settlement that guarantees the security of israel and the prosperity of the palestinians, but he does not seem interested.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Lammy said:
Let me see...

The rest of the western world see to be at the mercy of Islamic fundamentalists. The reason we have these fundamentalists if because of the actions of Isreal on the Western Bank. Supported morally and financially by the USA. 200 die in Madrid. Isreals answer is to fire rockets at Palastine.

If I had my way I'd wipe Isreal off the face of the planet as no one wants them there. Isreal is a man made state and they obviously have no intention of living peacefully alongside Muslims who also have right to be there. The whole world is suffering because Isreal cannot obide it's neigbours.

If America was at all interested in peace they would withdraw funding from the Isreali war machine. oh but hang on they have a large Jewish population in America which is controlling power. Damn.

Pretty much my feelings too.

It's very difficult. Clearly a terrorist and as such does not derserve the same protection as a law abiding citizen. If deemed a threat to a legitimate state (in question in the case of Israel), then in the greater good scheme of things he can be 'disposed of'.

However, Israel have known about this bloke for many years. It seems as though they delibrately target high profile people in periods of high tension. You cannot talk peace on one hand and indulge in state sponsorsed terrorism (and the 'colateral damage it causes) on the other.

More complicated than Northern Ireland, which is quite an achievement in itself. Unless they move back to the starting point of agreed land boundaries from around 1967(?) there can be no hope of any lasting peace. The emergence of Islamic Fundamentalism to the forefront of international agendas is also clouding matters.

Very sad.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here