Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WARNING to any TICKET CHEATS out there

At the turnstyles there have been some people 'sneaking' in with Under-16 tickets and even SENIOR CITIZEN tickets (amazing!).

There's a crack-down on this, the operators are now going to be more aware and watchful - and WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT WITH THE WRONG TICKET YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY because you will be turned away.
No, you cannot simply come out with an excuse about "a tout who sold you the ticket outside" or that you are taking the place of a family member and didn't realise.

No exceptions - you will not get in, and you will be wasting money and time trying it on.

It IS ripping off the club, and complaints about ticket price don't distract from that.
Identities will be checked, and even those people who look 'close' to the right age, should think about proving they qualify!!

Be warned - and tell anyone you know who thinks they can get away with it because they have done in the past.

Thanks - and well done for the general support today - the atmosphere was excellent today :bowdown:

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
If you have a concession ticket, you can upgrade it at the ticket booth to a full price adult one for a few quid, as I did a couple of weeks ago with my son's unused ticket (Bad Fan!) and then I sailed through the turnstile with no worries and no guilty conscience. I think I probably could have passed for nine though, with a bit of decent foundation on!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
so f***ing what if someone has an under 16 ticket, isn't it better to get people in the ground?

albion turning away fans- good move

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Brilliant - not content with thousands of empty seats in the place, the club are now threatening to some of those who've bothered to come along out.

Fair enough checking ID - but surely sending 'cheaters' to upgrade the ticket, and thus ensure the club gets the correct amount would be better than making petty threats on a fans message board.

What a joke

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brilliant - not content with thousands of empty seats in the place, the club are now threatening to some of those who've bothered to come along out.

Fair enough checking ID - but surely sending 'cheaters' to upgrade the ticket, and thus ensure the club gets the correct amount would be better than making petty threads on a fans message board.

What a joke

I think some people are taking the p*ss though.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think some people are taking the p*ss though.

I'm sure they are - but this again highlights the joke ticket prices.

Making sure the customer pays the full and correct amount, and thus letting them into the ground to spend money on programmes/food/horns is surely more financially viable than kicking them out altogether, simply because they can only afford to pay a reduced amount to see the Albion.

I'm NOT defending people who cheat, and i've never done it myself. However, Gestapo policies like this are only going to cost the club money, and fans, in the long term.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I used to sneak into the Goldstone all the time, whats the difference?
I hate all this goody nonsense. I now pay as I have cash to do it, but if some guys sneak in, good luck to them. I hate the sanitisation of football. When at Withdean I get shouted at for standing up, when I was a kid I was lucky to see half the bloody pitch. Chill out dude.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you have a concession ticket, you can upgrade it at the ticket booth to a full price adult one for a few quid, as I did a couple of weeks ago with my son's unused ticket (Bad Fan!) and then I sailed through the turnstile with no worries and no guilty conscience. I think I probably could have passed for nine though, with a bit of decent foundation on!

Suggest you check first how much to upgrade the ticket to adult so you can take the correct money as the booth never has any cash float for change.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be honest, even if the ticket prices were lower there will always be something trying to dodge a few quid.

Can't quite see how this has anything to do with the sanitisation of football.

( not sitting in the rain with a paid for poncho anyway )

Not knowing what the Nazi Germany's State Police official policy on ticket pricing was, I can't comment.

Fair enough checking ID - but surely sending 'cheaters' to upgrade the ticket, and thus ensure the club gets the correct amount would be better than making petty threats on a fans message board.

What a joke

I'd say your disagreement is probably a decent indication that it's a good move, as you ain't exactly 'the smartest tool in the shed'.

But really - from what Mrs Coach posted, if I got a low-priced ticket and simply go to the confession booth.....and pay the honest extra amount, then no harm no foul!
Not rocket science - if the artless dodgers got in all the time, tell their mates, and that spread wholesale - then the anarchy of 'not bothering because at least it's bums on seats' would soon stick in my craw when I'VE paid full-price.

How would Withdean Wanderer like to find he's short on the wage packet every so often because his employer thought it alright to try and get away with a few quid?

What do you think The Albion are anyway WW - a CHARITY organisation??

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'd say your disagreement is probably a decent indication that it's a good move, as you ain't exactly 'the smartest tool in the shed'.

But really - from what Mrs Coach posted, if I got a low-priced ticket and simply go to the confession booth.....and pay the honest extra amount, then no harm no foul!
Not rocket science - if the artless dodgers got in all the time, tell their mates, and that spread wholesale - then the anarchy of 'not bothering because at least it's bums on seats' would soon stick in my craw when I'VE paid full-price.

How would Withdean Wanderer like to find he's short on the wage packet every so often because his employer thought it alright to try and get away with a few quid?

What do you think The Albion are anyway WW - a CHARITY organisation??

At no point have I even suggested the Albion are a charity. I just think that it would make a LOT more sense for those who've tried to 'cheat' to be forced into paying the correct price, rather than being turned away completely. Not so ridiculous? I think the club are right to act, but not in such a damning manner.

Not sure how you've established I'm thick from that - I can only assume it's because I dare to question your constant online masturbation over Adam El-abd.

:tosser:

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
absolute bollox, i dont know who you are (or pretending to be) zoo.b zoo but it is about time the club woke up and realised that we the customers are doing you a favour by turning up,

we are pissed of with the crap product you have punted for a large part of this season,

we are pissed of with your stewards forcing us to sit.

we are pissed of with rip off prices for admission and for food and drinks(£1.50 for half a litre of water IMPORTED FROM f***ing TURKEY FOR MAXIMUM PROFIT)

we are pissed of with withdean

we are pissed of with not being able to pay at the gate,and we are pissed of with only being offered the shitiest possible seats when we try to by on-line

WE ARE PISSED OF WITH YOUR EXCUSES

some are pissed of with the no smoking policy

brighton fans are no different from fans everywhere,we have been taken for mugs and wont put up with it any longer

listen to the fans dick knight, the empty seats are calling you

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why is there such a big issue with various people about this ?

The club has a policy of selling child tickets and adult ones so have every right to check what type of ticket people have.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
absolute bollox, i dont know who you are (or pretending to be) zoo.b zoo but it is about time the club woke up and realised that we the customers are doing you a favour by turning up,

we are pissed of with the crap product you have punted for a large part of this season,

we are pissed of with your stewards forcing us to sit.

we are pissed of with rip off prices for admission and for food and drinks(£1.50 for half a litre of water IMPORTED FROM f***ing TURKEY FOR MAXIMUM PROFIT)

we are pissed of with withdean

we are pissed of with not being able to pay at the gate,and we are pissed of with only being offered the shitiest possible seats when we try to by on-line

WE ARE PISSED OF WITH YOUR EXCUSES

some are pissed of with the no smoking policy

brighton fans are no different from fans everywhere,we have been taken for mugs and wont put up with it any longer

listen to the fans dick knight, the empty seats are calling you

Touched a raw nerve have we :lol:

It's league football and the incentives are THERE to get people who may not otherwise be expected to manage it on a paper-round or pension, to be able to come regularly to the games. These concessions are there to put bums on seats, and then there are the occasional other encouragements like the lower-price promotions (such as the Gillingham game).

"Sad" as Wanderer seems to think this all is - it's a business, and a worthwhile entertainment that is run on a careful budget, run by a caring and care-ful group of people.

You can't cheat the petrol prices, the cinema or the supermarket without some kind of controlling entity watching to prevent it - why should a quality business like Brighton and Hove Albion be expected to simply shrug, or not give a hoot??

My guess is that some people see the club they are apparently proud to support as 'part of the system' because they have gates and charge entrance.
It's your club, it's your team - please don't just try to bilk the club out of their bare-boned finances.

Criticise Archer and Bellotti for screwing us? Please don't do it again at the gate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here