Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

******** WARNING about what you post on NSC *******

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So do Google pay according to site users, number of clicks on adverts or some other criteria? Just interested how it works.

Does that mean tapatalk costs nsc advertising revenue?

We don't get to choose the adverts that appear, but...

60% of NSC's income from Google comes from CPC ads. That is Cost Per Click. We only get paid if someone clicks on an advert. On average NSC has to display 1000 pages for every click that happens. That may seem like a low ratio, but the associated revenue pays for the site.

40% of NSC's income from Google comes from CPM ads. That is Coder Per thousand iMpressions. Simply - we get paid for the advert just being there. On average, NSC earns 18p for every 1000 pages we display to users. Again, it might not sound like a lot but it all adds up.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
We don't get to choose the adverts that appear, but...

60% of NSC's income from Google comes from CPC ads. That is Cost Per Click. We only get paid if someone clicks on an advert. On average NSC has to display 1000 pages for every click that happens. That may seem like a low ratio, but the associated revenue pays for the site.

40% of NSC's income from Google comes from CPM ads. That is Coder Per thousand iMpressions. Simply - we get paid for the advert just being there. On average, NSC earns 18p for every 1000 pages we display to users. Again, it might not sound like a lot but it all adds up.

Thanks. So tapatalk and mobile users do mean nsc suffers financially then.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Since [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is apparently reading and responding to this thread... I have a few suggestions...

*Delete the gaming sub forum, it's hidden away down the bottom in it's own category, its completely unused and it just adds clutter to the front page.

*Move most of the sub forums in the Big Board/Other stuff category elsewhere, e.g. links could go in the info, community announcements, ebay and news could all go in a new category. Similarly the REMF and Syndicate I personally feel belong in a new category of themselves.

Purpose of this would be to have the big board and other stuff numbers one and two in the list as these are most used, have all the other sections (and there are a lot of them now compared to when I joined NSC) well categorised for new members. Personally I find it a but daunting having 10 forums all put under 1 category when they have fairly little relation to each other.

PS. Capitalize 'The Other Stuff'.

All seems like small and meaningless things I guess but all added together I feel it would make the forum a lot more usable and attract people to forums other than the Big Board a bit more.

PSS. What's happening with the Wiki? I have some kind of privilege to it but from what I can see not a lot is happening.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
All such discussion may take place in our 'Other Stuff' forum, where we do not display Google ads.
quote from bozza original thread

My question is how do we do this, when i try to start a thread in the other stuff i am told my account dosent have privalages to post there.
(why is this I have never had a warning or an infraction that I know about ):down:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
See the other thread...
Thanks mate I only put it in here coz someone said bozza was answering questions in here, and I genuinely thought i might have done something wrong at some time and missed a warning or something .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here