Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

War in Middle East - part XXVVVII

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lets get things straight here. Anybody that believes Israel has claim to their lands because God told them that he had ''given'' them the promised lands is a fruitcake and not to be taken seriously in any debate on here.
The reason Israel exists in its present murderous state is because of its huge Jewish lobby in Washington.
And why does the USA have such a large Jewish presence ? its the same as why Britain and many many other countries have such a large Jewish population and that is because for 2 thousand years they have been a nomadic race. They have very little claim to the lands of Palastine as history has told us that if they were from anywhere it was much more likely to have been from Egypt.

Hamas grew out of Israel`s cruelty.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The Palestinians had their chance and counted their chickens back in '48. It could have all been sorted out then, now they elect a party who's soul aim is the destruction of the state of Israel and cry foul when Israel takes umbrage to a 'few rockets now and then'.
Personally I can't be arsed with any of them, carpet bomb the lot.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
What I found interesting when I was in Israel was the number of secular Israelis who were trying their hardest to emigrate because they could no longer put up with the situation. My landlady said she could no longer remain as she wanted her children to grow up in a safe and secure environment. So there seemed to be a mass exodus of the younger, moderate Israelis who wanted to try and negotiate some kind of peaceful solution - whilst the older, ultra orthodox Jews remained. The Hassidic Jews also seemed exempt from income tax, having to work for a living and compulsory military service (which all able bodied Israelis had to do until quite old) leaving them free to go forth and multiply with women about a third of their age (often in disputed areas of the country) and peddle their own brand of extremism.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its interesting ( or possibly not) that in the late 19th Century, a form of state of Isreal was being discussed. Madagascar was a french Colony and discussions followed that the Jews from Europe would be forcibly removed.

There is some thought that Himmler actually thought this was a better solution that the final solution although the Nazi idea was not to move Russian jews, just the rest. ( The series on Auschwitz mentioned this)

Their idea of 4 million people living on Madagascar when there was only infrastructure for 60,000 to 100,000 would not have bothered them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What I found interesting when I was in Israel was the number of secular Israelis who were trying their hardest to emigrate because they could no longer put up with the situation. My landlady said she could no longer remain as she wanted her children to grow up in a safe and secure environment. So there seemed to be a mass exodus of the younger, moderate Israelis who wanted to try and negotiate some kind of peaceful solution - whilst the older, ultra orthodox Jews remained. The Hassidic Jews also seemed exempt from income tax, having to work for a living and compulsory military service (which all able bodied Israelis had to do until quite old) leaving them free to go forth and multiply with women about a third of their age (often in disputed areas of the country) and peddle their own brand of extremism.

this is what in effect happened to one of our neighbours. She was brought up in hebron, but her parents emigrated out of Isreal in the 70's

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Blimey, just come back to see what I started. Some people on here really do only come out when there's something to discuss re: racism or religion don't they? 146 posts and still going!

Maybe we should rename this website Middle East Chat?

Jan 30, 2008
the jews have been reviled throughout europe for centuries ,the nazi occupations allowed local communities who despised the jews to vent their feelings, from the baltic to the balkans, from west to east even neutral switzerland allowed the trains through :blush:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the jews have been reviled throughout europe for centuries ,the nazi occupations allowed local communities who despised the jews to vent their feelings, from the baltic to the balkans, from west to east even neutral switzerland allowed the trains through :blush:

including the massacre in 1190 in York, of 150 Jews that were hold up in a tower.....

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Unfortunatly this war has been on the cards for ages and every other country has chosen to ignore it.

When did it ever stop? Pause maybe, but it's been going for at least 2 millennium!

It is regretable that from your reply, you are unaware of the Hamas militant physce. Once the militants can be persuaded, please god, to sit and discuss matters with the israelis, stop bombing israel on a daily basis, or if need be destroyed...then and only then will peace be achieved. Don't forget Israel has peaceful agreements with Egypt & Jordan. Who would of thought that 30 years or so ago?

It wasn't that long ago that the IRA were bombing civilians in the UK?

Or 9/11 for that matter?

Israel I assure you wants nothing more than peace with all its neighbours

You, are naive, misguided or poisonous beyond belief.
I've not quite made up my mind which yet - but you're about to be the first person on my ignore list.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
You, are naive, misguided or poisonous beyond belief.
I've not quite made up my mind which yet - but you're about to be the first person on my ignore list.

Bit harsh isn't it? Too much "Wrexham Lager"?

Bit harsh isn't it? Too much "Wrexham Lager"?

Oooh, I wish.:)
I've had a large glass of Australian Red mind.

I'll stick by what I typed, I can't be dealing with an apologist for genocide.
There's wrongs on both sides, but seeing pictures of dead Arab children doesn't seem to me to be "wanting nothing more than peace with it's neighbours".

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Oooh, I wish.:)
I've had a large glass of Australian Red mind.

Times have changed up there haven't they?! I can remember a few good nights out in that town early 90's on the old local brew and them valley girls!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here