Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

War in Middle East - part XXVVVII

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
When are they gonna get a B & H Albion channel on sky. :down:

I can't undertand why we can't have live per subscription TV on the net. I'd pay for it. Wouldn't you?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I can't undertand why we can't have live per subscription TV on the net. I'd pay for it. Wouldn't you?

Without a doubt. Just have to listern to the radio for now.

When im a billionaire (this time next year) i will set one up. Plus invest in some players and general BHA things.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
(.......so we are in agreement that Israel has a right to exist?
We want peace in the region?
We want the Palestinian majority mild mannered population to rid their militant Hamas?
We want Hamas to stop firing amo into Israel on a daily basis?
And then, peace will prevail:thumbsup:

- yes
- yes
- yes but it won't happen while they have no choice (PLO being totally correupt whereas, thought İ hate them, have to admit Hamas are not) and none of the 'interested parties' allows them to freely vote for their own choice... whether w elike it or not.
- yes.... but we also want no more settlements to be built on still disputed land and we want soveriegn status for Palestine without external interference.. any of those gonna happen soon?

Look the fact is its all about internal politics. This 'war' is going on to curry votes with the Israeli electorate before the upcoming election.

The Palestine beef is that they want to be left alone to sort themselves out... they have voted for the only non-corrupt party who, unfortunately have an agressive external policy. The Palestinians don't care about that.. they voted for a party with the best domestic policy and now the 'outside' world are taking away their democratic freedon to choose who to vote for.

So, on both sides, the beef is internal politics and the result is the death of innocents. Neither Israelis nor Palestinians should be dying for votes.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Without a doubt. Just have to listern to the radio for now.

When im a billionaire (this time next year) i will set one up. Plus invest in some players and general BHA things.

Do they have a big bad greek lottery like they have here? Someone here just won 40 million pounds. Buy a ticket mate!

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters
(.......so we are in agreement that Israel has a right to exist?
We want peace in the region?
We want the Palestinian majority mild mannered population to rid their militant Hamas?
We want Hamas to stop firing amo into Israel on a daily basis?
And then, peace will prevail:thumbsup:

My relatives were Hashomer Hatzair, so you can work out the politics.

Israel does exist and any solution needs to recognise that but Israel will have to decide if it is a democratic state which offers equality before the law to all it's residents or if it is an exclusivist racist state in which non-Jews are second class citizens and/or confined to bantustans. To adopt a phrase, no justice, no peace.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It is regretable that from your reply, you are unaware of the Hamas militant physce. Once the militants can be persuaded, please god, to sit and discuss matters with the israelis, stop bombing israel on a daily basis, or if need be destroyed...then and only then will peace be achieved. Don't forget Israel has peaceful agreements with Egypt & Jordan. Who would of thought that 30 years or so ago?

It wasn't that long ago that the IRA were bombing civilians in the UK?

Or 9/11 for that matter?

Israel I assure you wants nothing more than peace with all its neighbours

Words sometimes aren't necessary to show how sickening incorrect your arguement is nor what murderous zealots Israelis really are.

I struggle to remember when we sent in warplanes, battalions of troops armed to the hilt and heavy artillery into fight the IRA. We used much more targeted strategies and guess what - we now have peace - something the middle east won't until Israel treats all people EQUALLY.

I was quite cheered reading that Israeli troops are now killing themselves - made my day. :thumbsup:

If it were my son in the picture below I can assure you I'd be wanting to kill any Israeli I could.

Attachments

• _45348891_gazakids_ap226.jpg
    _45348891_gazakids_ap226.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 106

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Any country in the world would be taking military action if it was being constantly attacked by a neighbour.

I don't understand how people can expect 'proportional' action where a violent conflict is concerned.

Hamas leaders are as guilty as the Israelis. They knew fair well what they were provoking.

Both sides need their ruddy heads banging together Grant and Phil Mitchell style.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've been to Israel a couple of times and have the utmost respect for the ferocity with which the state protects their citizens and goes in hard as f***. Nobody else is going to safeguard their security and even their right to exist. Not the UN, not America if it went to the wire. Certainly not Europe. But, jeez, they have to somehow be made to realise that a Palestian civilian has the same rights to a life free of slaughter and random terror as an Israeli citizen. They're losing a shitload of friends here.

Last edited:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Any country in the world would be taking military action if it was being constantly attacked by a neighbour.

I don't understand how people can expect 'proportional' action where a violent conflict is concerned.

Hamas leaders are as guilty as the Israelis. They knew fair well what they were provoking.

Both sides need their ruddy heads banging together Grant and Phil Mitchell style.

Amen

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

what it seems people cant or wont understand is that israel shouldnt be a f***ing " neighbour" in the first place , they are squatters ,on someone elses land, that is why they keep rockets fired at them by their "neighbour"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The time for taking sides in this "argument" has to end. Both parties are wrong and are clearly unable to resolve the dispute.

Nothing can be achieved with Hamas in charge. I'm assuming the elections to bring them to power were fair, therefore the Palestinians have partly brought this on themselves by electing them.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
what it seems people cant or wont understand is that israel shouldnt be a f***ing " neighbour" in the first place , they are squatters ,on someone elses land, that is why they keep rockets fired at them by their "neighbour"

Perhaps not. But the fact is they ARE there and are not likely to be going anywhere.

Time for both sides to start looking forward, not back.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nothing can be achieved with Hamas in charge. I'm assuming the elections to bring them to power were fair, therefore the Palestinians have partly brought this on themselves by electing them.

That's the thing tho. The Israelis want the Palestinian people to turn against Hamas because of the current suffering it is bringing down on their heads. When in fact it's guaranteed to have exactly the opposite effect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here