Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

War in Middle East - part XXVVVII

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
......................if you read your Old Testament, the promised land i.e. Israel was for the Jewish people.

The UK cannot trace their heridary so far back.[/QUOTE]

Knock knock

Someone at the door Steve, ........ oh hang on i'm on it.

Good afternoon are you Mr Foster, erm, yes, what can I do for you?

Well, I'm from the Italian embassy and we need you and your family to vacate these premises today!

WHAT, it's my house, my home, I inherited it from my parents and they got it from their parents who purchased it legaly many years ago?
Ah, well let me explain Mr Foster. We have documentary evidence that our Roman ancestors occupied this land for many centuries about 2000 years ago and we want it back. We have the backing of a foreign country and we have guns so sign here or you will be removed by force.

But I own this, I want to pass it on to my children, I've worked all my life to keep this in good order, I'm not giving it away to some stranger just because his ancestors lived here thousands of years ago!

No Mr Foster, the Italians have allways owned this, we just went away for a, erm, well, a while, but that doesn't mean you can come in and steal it you theiving English bastards.

Look Mr Foster, we have put some tents up on the downs, you cant miss them they are the ones in the barbed wire compound. You should only be there for 40 or 50 years and we will look after you with food and "humanitarian aid" in other words, we will let you have a little of the food we have grown on the allotment we have just stol.... recovered from you, provided you do nothing to try to regain your old property. If you do, we will close the gates and throw handgrenades in.

Oh, OK well I never realised, MARGE, get yer coat were giving our lifes work to this nice Italian man, apparently theres some old document from 1000s of years ago that says it's his and you can't argue with that now can you.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Spot on - I had the misfortune of working in Israel. I’ve worked in quite a few different countries but these people were something else. They make it virtually impossible for foreign business people to get into the country and then proceed to make life as difficult as possible whilst you are there - so much for their alleged hospitality. I couldn’t get out of the place quick enough. Forget about all the endless political rhetoric and proselytizing - to be blunt, the situation there will never change as long as these people have holes in their arses.

I too have been to Israel and have seen at first hand the racism meted out by the 'Chosen People' to the 'inferior' Arab population.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You cannot say that, they have had a tough time bless em. Behave as badly as you want as someone once treated you badly. Child abuser logic.

How they must not be looking forward to the Holocaust as a living memory disappearing. That will move the goalposts somewhat.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Knock knock

Someone at the door Steve, ........ oh hang on i'm on it.

Good afternoon are you Mr Foster, erm, yes, what can I do for you?

Well, I'm from the Italian embassy and we need you and your family to vacate these premises today!

WHAT, it's my house, my home, I inherited it from my parents and they got it from their parents who purchased it legaly many years ago?
Ah, well let me explain Mr Foster. We have documentary evidence that our Roman ancestors occupied this land for many centuries about 2000 years ago and we want it back. We have the backing of a foreign country and we have guns so sign here or you will be removed by force.

But I own this, I want to pass it on to my children, I've worked all my life to keep this in good order, I'm not giving it away to some stranger just because his ancestors lived here thousands of years ago!

No Mr Foster, the Italians have allways owned this, we just went away for a, erm, well, a while, but that doesn't mean you can come in and steal it you theiving English bastards.

Look Mr Foster, we have put some tents up on the downs, you cant miss them they are the ones in the barbed wire compound. You should only be there for 40 or 50 years and we will look after you with food and "humanitarian aid" in other words, we will let you have a little of the food we have grown on the allotment we have just stol.... recovered from you, provided you do nothing to try to regain your old property. If you do, we will close the gates and throw handgrenades in.

Oh, OK well I never realised, MARGE, get yer coat were giving our lifes work to this nice Italian man, apparently theres some old document from 1000s of years ago that says it's his and you can't argue with that now can you.

:thumbsup: A perfect example of how the Jews have STOLEN the land they live on. Unfortuantely Israeli's ( and to some extent Jews ) think THEY'VE been hard done by and can do no wrong. If only they could think back to the Nazis and see how they have turned Gaza into the modern day Nazi ghetto.

I too have had to work with some Israelis and a bigger bunch of arrogant tossers you'd struggle to find !!!!!!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You cannot say that, they have had a tough time bless em. Behave as badly as you want as someone once treated you badly. Child abuser logic.

How they must not be looking forward to the Holocaust as a living memory disappearing. That will move the goalposts somewhat.

Bad treatment at other times in history is no excuse for the mass slaughter of arab civilians (there isnt an excuse btw)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Israel have persistently flouted international law but it's hard not to sympathise with their government's position when the Israeli electorate demands action because of the rockets being sent towards it's people's homes.

The bigger picture is now completely being ignored by both sides. Israel needs to find a settlement or a) it will find itself facing sanctions and b) it's driving moderate Arabs into the hands of extremists (see Bloody Sunday and the IRA for a perfect example of this) and Hammas needs to realise it isn't going to win without diplomacy. Not even fellow Arabic nations thinks that firing rockets into Israel is a particularly clever move.

The 400+ deaths (mostly innocent) are a shameful stain on the idea of demacracy - given that both sides were democratically elected.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
two thousand years ago ffs. :nono:

exactly. Using that logic I am going down the Plough in Rottingdean and claiming I am a descendant or the Saxon Rota and demand they hand me the deeds to the pub and get pouring sharpish.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The thing that annoys me the most is the Palestinian elections.

Basically (as I remember), the US (and others) said that the occupied terriotries must hold elections to nominate a govenment to negotiate on their behalf. The Palestinians elected Hamas, whom the Israelis and US refuse to acknowledge because they are a 'terrorist organisation'.

It seems that democracy is Palestine is a good thing... as long as they promise to elect the govenment that the US and Israel tell them to!

I tend to think that the Palestinian people are very hard done by - they did not chose to live in an occupied land. As has been mentioned above, the Israeli incursions will cause many more Palestinians to sympathise with rocket attacks and even become martyrs themselves. History teaches us that whenever Israel 'defends' itself by attacking the West Bank and/or Gaza Strip the Palestinians fight back simply causeing the violence against Israel to esculate.

The only solution that I can imagine would begine to work (one that has been mentioned many times before, but never tried) is to get the UN to police the area whist proper peace negotiations can take place. However this will take a period of many years - after all Northern Ireland took decades to get a meaningful peace after negotiations began. Palestine seems to hold even bigger obsticles.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
f***ing hell mate you really should have gone to school when you had the chance. punish:

they were close to sealing a deal a decade ago untill arafat decided to hold out for more. Israel has accepted a 2 state solution.
the trouble is that the israelis believe they would be " giving back " land for peace , its nothing of the sort, in 1917 at the time of the balfour declaration , there were 500,000 arabs and 15,000 jews inside the borders of what is now israel, in 1948 the numbers were 150,000 and 650,000 , the israelis stole it and the palestinians were shafted, end of story, to be honest you cant blame them for getting the hump, the israelis are constantly building on the occupied territories , yet more land that isnt theirs , the peace wall is a land grab in disguise, but nothing will be done until the US decides , as for the israeli stance on hamas being terrorists ?dont make me laugh ! they gained the country through terrorism, why dont people mention the stern gang , irgun, the king david hotel , deir yassin, the two hanged british soldiers ? hypocrisy of the highest order.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The thing that annoys me the most is the Palestinian elections.

Basically (as I remember), the US (and others) said that the occupied terriotries must hold elections to nominate a govenment to negotiate on their behalf. The Palestinians elected Hamas, whom the Israelis and US refuse to acknowledge because they are a 'terrorist organisation'.

It seems that democracy is Palestine is a good thing... as long as they promise to elect the govenment that the US and Israel tell them to!

I tend to think that the Palestinian people are very hard done by - they did not chose to live in an occupied land. As has been mentioned above, the Israeli incursions will cause many more Palestinians to sympathise with rocet attacks and even become martyrs. History teaches us that whenever Israel 'defends' itself by attacking the West Bank and/or Gaza Strip the Palestinians will fight back.

The only solution (one that has been mentioned many times before, but never tried) is to get the UN to police the area whist proper peace negotiations can take place. However this will take a period of many years - after all Northern Ireland took decades to get a meaningful peace after negotiations began. Palestine seems to hold even bigger obsticles.

Seems to me the Germans seem to have got away in this thread without any blame, considering if it wasnt for those c unts this would not be hardly so much of an issue.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think what you are failing to mention is that Israel accepted a two state solution on it's terms only.

The crux of this problem is that you have two groups of people who have a claim to the land. One the group who were resident in the country at the time the colonial period was ending and a second who have a religious and historical connection to the area.
The second group drove the majority of the first away and now are confining that majority into two parcels of land.
One parcel would be viable as a state, but the Israelis are eating away at it bit by bit and make sure they control the resources.
The second bit is an overcrowded stretch of coast cut off from it's natural hinterland and heavily blockaded. It isn't viable unless it can link to the other half.

Israel is the key to solving the problem. If it withdrew from it's illigal occupation of the west bank a Palestinian state could develop and the power of Hamas would be undermined.

My suspision is that Israel prefers Hamas to lead the Palestinians as this allows it to point the finger of blame while it gradually eats away the West Bank.
wonders will never cease, i agree with one of your posts !!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Seems to me the Germans seem to have got away in this thread without any blame, considering if it wasnt for those c unts this would not be hardly so much of an issue.

Yup, Nazi germany must take a bow.

As should the US (for not voting on the issue of the creation of Israel at the UN security council), France, the USSR and China (who all voted for the creation of Isreal) and of course Britian (who didn't like the idea, but was not willing to use her power of veto over the UN security council).

But then, every single country that has supplied weapons, support or diplomatic advantage to either side should also be considered.

In fact, it would be hard to find a country that hadn't got involved in or contributed to the Middle East conflict at some point.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The solution to the problem begins with one word, tolerance. Unfortunately, neither the Jews nor the Arabs are aware of the existence of this word. The Arabs hate the Jews and the Jews hate everyone (well you would to if you were a member of the chosen ones!). Part of the problem is also the blind support provided by the US for any Israeli action. I believe that the US have never endorsed any anti Israeli UN resolution and they fund Israel to the tune of $118billion. The Jews have no diving right to anything and neither does anyone else. Perhaps if they had not tried to push their borders and occupy disputed territories (is this similar to the term 'sudentanland!). Israel was forced on the Arab neighbourhood in the Middle East on the back of religious rantings about the promised land. Alas we will never see peace in the Middle East and as a result it will continue to threaten us all.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here