Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

War in Middle East - part XXVVVII

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
That said, spend any amount of time with the pushing, shoving, rude, inconsiderate and selfish people that seem to dominate in Israel and any sympathy you have for them is sorely tested.

Spot on - I had the misfortune of working in Israel. I’ve worked in quite a few different countries but these people were something else. They make it virtually impossible for foreign business people to get into the country and then proceed to make life as difficult as possible whilst you are there - so much for their alleged hospitality. I couldn’t get out of the place quick enough. Forget about all the endless political rhetoric and proselytizing - to be blunt, the situation there will never change as long as these people have holes in their arses.

Last edited:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
You obviously have NEVER been to a Jewish wedding as this custom does not happen.

What you are referring to is Greek weddings, who I believe are Christian.

We await your apology

:thumbsup: Greek it is. And the couple will put a depositse on a house with it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've always come down on the side of the Palestinians in the past, especially when Arafat was in charge. But now, I just wish they'd end it either way.

It's easy for everyone to sit in their Ivory Towers and point at Israel and say how bad they are, but how pissed off would we become if the Welsh kept firing missiles into England?

On the flip side of the argument. The Israelites were originally a tribe of nomads originating from Egypt so if we're going to go down the route of having an argument for an Israeli nation then you can understand why the Palestinians and the Arab world are upset.

That said, I love the way in which Ahmadinejad and all the other convervative Islamic nations just sit back and watch this happen and how the leaders of Hamas who're always saying that they are brave and martyrs all go into hiding.

Lets face facts, the only reason why Israel get away with what they want is because they're a launching platform for the Americans in the event of a larger scale conflict.

Seagull Stew

if you read your Old Testament, the promised land i.e. Israel was for the Jewish people.

The UK cannot trace their heridary so far back.

And here lieth the problem. A belief (on both sides) that land unreservedly belongs to them because of some crackpot's ramblings a couple of thousand years ago!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think what you are failing to mention is that Israel accepted a two state solution on it's terms only.

The crux of this problem is that you have two groups of people who have a claim to the land. One the group who were resident in the country at the time the colonial period was ending and a second who have a religious and historical connection to the area.
The second group drove the majority of the first away and now are confining that majority into two parcels of land.
One parcel would be viable as a state, but the Israelis are eating away at it bit by bit and make sure they control the resources.
The second bit is an overcrowded stretch of coast cut off from it's natural hinterland and heavily blockaded. It isn't viable unless it can link to the other half.

Israel is the key to solving the problem. If it withdrew from it's illigal occupation of the west bank a Palestinian state could develop and the power of Hamas would be undermined.

My suspision is that Israel prefers Hamas to lead the Palestinians as this allows it to point the finger of blame while it gradually eats away the West Bank.

I didnt mention it because its not true, Israel has made and offered many consessions.

Oh and there have always been ethnic jews in the region.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
.if you read your Old Testament, the promised land i.e. Israel was for the Jewish people.

there are three versions of a book each covering a period of time.and the major incidents in the first are included in the second and both's highlights are included in the third.
the jewish one,an updated christian one and the 3rd muslim version of the book covering many hundred years more.
the claim on land occupied by the state of israel is based on a fairy story in a bunch of books no one in country believes in. the jews should return to their homelands across europe and beyond and stop squatting on arab lands.

Seagull Stew

the jews should return to their homelands across europe and beyond and stop squatting on arab lands.

So you think it is right that young people of the region should be forced to move to a country that they may have never been to before because of what their ancestors did?

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
we are not talking ancestors,we are talking 50 odd years since a bunch of terrorists ended british colonial rule over palestine.most of israels current population have been immigrants over the last 30 years,a wave of immigration largely inspired by the cult of kibbutzism

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
So you think it is right that young people of the region should be forced to move to a country that they may have never been to before because of what their ancestors did?

so you think it is right that young people of palestine have been forced to move to another country due to overpowering force of military might and that lands and farms have been stolen by the invaders protected by an army supported and provided with the best weapons america can manufacture?

Seagull Stew

Hence, eradicate the cults on both sides and elleviate the problem.

There really is no short term solution as both sides vehemently believe that the other should not be there. The long term plan should be get the opposing sides to view each other as one people. Sadly, this won't happen in any of our lifetimes!

Seagull Stew

so you think it is right that young people of palestine have been forced to move to another country due to overpowering force of military might and that lands and farms have been stolen by the invaders protected by an army supported and provided with the best weapons america can manufacture?

Certainly not. I'm not supporting either side, just wish there was a way that both sides could see each other's point of view. This will never happen while their religious beliefs are so ingrained.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
israel's claim to any moral highground due to the persecution of jews throughout history was lost to myself and many others in it's support of(and massive arms sales to) the racist south african government in it's struggle to maintain white minority rule

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
i don't want to stereo type jews but their always like flys around shit when moneys about ,even proven by their marriages when they pin the stuff on the couples, do they have any class................. really:annoyed:

Wow, you are thicker than you look, I didn't think it was possible.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd like someone to explain why, if Palestine is in dire straits, their people thought electing Hamas would make things better.

What I find most sad about this situation is how the squabbles of a nation the size of Wales manages to destablise the whole world. Just what exactly do they DO at the UN?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If anyone is inclined they can show their support for the Israeli Defence Force by buying them kosher pizza and pepsi.

http://pizzaidf.org/

I kid you not. It's genuine. Wonder if you can also sponsor body bags for Palestinians or perhaps even a Hamas rocket.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The Gaza War, explained:
1. Israel's airstrikes have been precisely aimed at Hamas fighters. Reportedly 80 percent of those killed are Hamas members, not civilians. Israel is trying to kill fighters; Hamas is trying to kill civilians. There's a vast difference.

2. Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005 to give the Palestinians a chance to set up their own government. They chose Hamas to rule them. Then the rocket attacks from Gaza started. Israel is defending itself from rockets that could target 700,000 of its people.

3. Israel wants to reach a two-state solution so Israelis and Palestinians can live in peace side by side. Hamas wants to destroy Israel and any Palestinians who want to make peace with Israel.

4. Peace between Israel and the Palestinians is impossible as long as Hamas is a player. This is why Arab states are not taking Hamas's side.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
i don't want to stereo type jews but their always like flys around shit when moneys about ,even proven by their marriages when they pin the stuff on the couples, do they have any class................. really:annoyed:

...I believe that Greeks also pin money on the bride and groom at a wedding...most Greeks I have ever met have been either Orthodox or Christian, I don't think any were Jewish.

I'd like someone to explain why, if Palestine is in dire straits, their people thought electing Hamas would make things better.

What I find most sad about this situation is how the squabbles of a nation the size of Wales manages to destablise the whole world. Just what exactly do they DO at the UN?

Firstly, Palestine is in dire straits, Israel have boxed them in to a corner of their own country, walled around them and basically made them live in an impoverished concentration camp....because after a thousand years a bunch of religious superstitious zealots were all let loose and decided it was their land to go 'back' to.
Does that sound 'quite alright', to you?
Okay then, put yourself in that position..... and you have a situation where your existence and heritage is totally ruled over and threatened with gradual extinction - you can vote for Neville Chamberlain, or Winston Churchill. Go....

Second - if their squabble destabilizes the whole world (which it doesn't, since I really don't think China, Africa, most of South America, and probably India are involved), then it is because they invest in that situation and take sides. A foolish and needless thing to do, it's clear. When Bush sticks his oar in - Americans become a target for more terrorism. The US finances Israel and their domination over Palestinians, so it's only natural that it does ask for that attention.
That some Arab nations back Palestine, is only unity - one that we would hope for if we took on a more powerful foe (like for instance, Germany and Russia?) and allies of the 'freedom fighters' Hamas.

Bottom line, as I said before - Israel had 18months of cease-fire, and all they did was maintain the oppression and mistrust of Palestinians, and did not aggressively pursue a lasting peace - other than languishing in the one that they alone were enjoying - housing more of their own people into land they had agreed not to. That about made it clear to the Palestinians that they had NO intention of EVER giving an inch, they would in fact take more acres for themselves. That said "there is no room for you in OUR plans, and no future for you in this land".
Now go back to the thought of how 'Israel' was suddenly annexed for (mostly European) people who had never lived there, but decided they had some ancient rites and claim over the land based on some scrolls!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I kid you not. It's genuine. Wonder if you can also sponsor body bags for Palestinians or perhaps even a Hamas rocket.

Like it.

Yeah, lets not bother sponsoring an Albion player next year, lets club together and buy an Exocet for Hamas (as long as they only aim it at that deluded bint of a Foreign Minister and not the thousands of peace-loving Israeli citizens that deplore whats going on).

I'll start with 5 Pounds (of Semtex).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here