Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Want to win some money? - Then this bet is for you!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
So Isner, Roddick, Kerber have all come in at very good odds but guess that was just a fluke too?

There's some value on Kerber winning the tournament now. She has Stosur in thr semi finals and is 35/1 currently on betfair to win the tournament. I'm sticking a few quid of my winnings on that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For the love of christ do not think you can make money out of being a professional gambler, it will never work out

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
For the love of christ do not think you can make money out of being a professional gambler, it will never work out

You could argue that a bookmaker is a professional gambler, a lot of them seem to do okay. One thing is certain though, no pro gambler would be doing £2 bets then suddenly have one bet 300 times that stake, especially on a multiple where the vig is much larger.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Let me just add that the bet is now 5/7 with betfair, a huge change in my favour! So I'm thinking of covering it a little but don't see the point as it's fairly nailed on.

Perhaps covering a few hundred quid would be wise, but i'll never make big money if i don't have bottle. Decisions, decisions!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
You've really put on £500 to £1,500? I had a feeling that you were an A-Level/perhaps Uni student. There are better ways of wasting the student loan, surely?

£720 but I have had a very strong last two months of gambling and this is money I have put aside for this particular bet. I was going to do it at Wimbledon and luckily I'd have fallen short (Federer losing in 5 sets in the quarters) but I thought this time it was definately going to come in.

If it loses it just means I have a little less to live off next year at uni, but if it wins, which it is looking likely, I'll have an extra £1300 to enjoy/set a side. Wish me luck :)

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
OK, probably shouldn't get too involved, but it's midnight, I'm in a crappy hotel room in the arsehole of a town that is Doncaster - how did they ever get the wherewithal to build a racecourse? - and this thread needs to stop.

HSH. Please face reality. You do not have any winnings to reinvest because: a. the main bet hasn't copped yet; and more importantly, b. you didn't have the bet in the first place.

If you're just fishing and I've bitten then fine, I've been caught. If not, take a step back and think about why you posted a demonstrably false betting account on here, and yet are now carrying on as if you haven't been found out.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
OK, probably shouldn't get too involved, but it's midnight, I'm in a crappy hotel room in the arsehole of a town that is Doncaster - how did they ever get the wherewithal to build a racecourse? - and this thread needs to stop.

HSH. Please face reality. You do not have any winnings to reinvest because: a. the main bet hasn't copped yet; and more importantly, b. you didn't have the bet in the first place.

If you're just fishing and I've bitten then fine, I've been caught. If not, take a step back and think about why you posted a demonstrably false betting account on here, and yet are now carrying on as if you haven't been found out.

My bets are all valid. If you're interested in following my current bet, I have £7 on Hutchins/Flmeing to win their quarters at just over 7/1. I took the bet at a set down but the odds were too good for a doubles pairing in fine form.

Into the third, this would be a cash booster if it came in.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Hate to prick the bubble but the £720 at 2.88 clearly isn't "valid" because Betfair's market info shows £105 matched at that price, which is twice the actual stake.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Hate to prick the bubble but the £720 at 2.88 clearly isn't "valid" because Betfair's market info shows £105 matched at that price, which is twice the actual stake.

Your information is inaccurate then. If you're that concerned email betfair and find out, I can assure you I placed this bet.

Also despite it being smaller odds, you can't argue against my betting form today. All wins today which were 6/5, 8/5, 5/2 and now this 22/3 looks to be coming in...

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
It's not my information. It's Betfair's information. Trouble is, you'd forgotten about the market info window when you posted a doctored screen-grab.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
It's not my information. It's Betfair's information. Trouble is, you'd forgotten about the market info window when you posted a doctored screen-grab.

Of course I hadn't forgotten about it, I am quite aware of all the ins and outs of betfair. Just seems a minor glitch on betfairs part but these sites do make mistakes from time to time.

I laid Fleming/Hutchins at 5-2 up so whatever happens now I am guaranteed £35 profit.

Time to watch Federer dismantle Tsonga to continue this class day of betting. Good night!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You couldn't be more wrong, there are various way to do it but if the clever guys don't talk about their angle (would you?) then others never know and cannot learn

I know I'm wrong, and I'll be man enough to admit that I do know of a guy who makes his living solely off his gambling activities. In my defence, I had forgotten him when I was posting this morning, but it can be done if you do have an angle, to use your word. Which he did, and I know what it was, having actively followed his bets from half a dozen shops. The trick isn't finding the angle, it is following it consistently enough to get in front and stay there. Which he did, and does.

I still oppose the belief that you can be a "Pro" gambler, the odds are stacked against you and for every 10 people who attempt to make their living out of it, 9 will fail in the end. I don't want you, HsH to think I am willing you to fail because I'm not, this game is tough enough, I just think you would be deluded to think you will always win, or will always be able to make money. As it happens, if people had followed my "tips" during Wimbledon, they would have made some good money because of my constant backing of the brilliant Pironkova, who even at a set up against Venus Williams was odds against in play. Sadly, I was then correct about her defeat in the next round. Spoiled the whole tournament for me, that did. Being right about Federer losing to Tsonga was probably worse. But I did have that on my board, hopefully [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] will be able to back that up? I had an accumulator example including Tsonga to beat Federer, the acca would actually have copped. No-one followed me in!

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looks like a crock of shite to me. Regardless the most interesting fact in this thread is your claim to be "turning proffesional". If that were the case you would not waste your time posting on here.

Anyway... If you have any interest in taking things a little more seriously, I would suggest a staking strategy may be in need judging by the strange amount you claim to be staking.... ie all over the place.

HsH - Maybe have a read of " Fixed odds Sports Betting " - Statistical forecasting and risk management - by Joseph Buchdahl. It's an interesting read if you like that sort of thing and will give you a bit of insight. If tennis is your thing and you think you have an edge, then religously stick to it. When you start wandering away from your "more knowledgable" area, you just become a mug punter like the rest of us.

Less than 1% of people consistantly make a profit from Betfair, and the rest just fill up their pockets.... and Betfair's of course.
I would imagine most of the people who make a profit are the traders , rather than the gamblers. especially with software such as "betangel" which is an excellent piece of kit ( although expensive ). But even software does not turn a bad punter into a good one. It just helps those that know what they are doing.

Anyway - that's all for now. Another dull old night shift.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Looks like a crock of shite to me. Regardless the most interesting fact in this thread is your claim to be "turning proffesional". If that were the case you would not waste your time posting on here.

Anyway... If you have any interest in taking things a little more seriously, I would suggest a staking strategy may be in need judging by the strange amount you claim to be staking.... ie all over the place.

HsH - Maybe have a read of " Fixed odds Sports Betting " - Statistical forecasting and risk management - by Joseph Buchdahl. It's an interesting read if you like that sort of thing and will give you a bit of insight. If tennis is your thing and you think you have an edge, then religously stick to it. When you start wandering away from your "more knowledgable" area, you just become a mug punter like the rest of us.

Less than 1% of people consistantly make a profit from Betfair, and the rest just fill up their pockets.... and Betfair's of course.
I would imagine most of the people who make a profit are the traders , rather than the gamblers. especially with software such as "betangel" which is an excellent piece of kit ( although expensive ). But even software does not turn a bad punter into a good one. It just helps those that know what they are doing.

Anyway - that's all for now. Another dull old night shift.

'The 1% consistently make money Betfair statement does not stand up on it's own'...people will use to lay of and may be be ahead with other bookies or just have the odd winning bet then go dormant etc...the only fact about Befair that was released in their documentation when they went public was that in the previous year 10,000 users had shown a profit of more than £15,000 in the latest full year
Tennis is known to have a particular number of professional gamblers who follow the tour round the world because of the head to head nature & getting knowledge of injuries, who's really trying or not etc etc. Courtside betting was banned in France at one point, not sure if still is,
Consistent staking is not the key either, all your bets cannot have the same value (EV) so staking more on the rarer better opportunities is important

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Please don't promise people you will win them money with your tips. No one can promise a result will happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here