Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Want to win some money? - Then this bet is for you!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Of course I hadn't forgotten about it, I am quite aware of all the ins and outs of betfair. Just seems a minor glitch on betfairs part but these sites do make mistakes from time to time.

I laid Fleming/Hutchins at 5-2 up so whatever happens now I am guaranteed £35 profit.

Time to watch Federer dismantle Tsonga to continue this class day of betting. Good night!

Funny, it seems to be working fine now. Put in an order for £20 at 2.88 and it went straight onto the market info. Still says that only £105 matched at that price though.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
On a side note I remember reading a blog about a guy who started with a tenner and bet on selected markets at odds of 1.05 or below, doubling up each time. If memory serves me right he built it up to a grand or therabouts, he then bet in play in a game where the team were 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go....I'm sure you can guess what happened next. Only ever gamble with what you can afford to lose would be my message.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
'The 1% consistently make money Betfair statement does not stand up on it's own'...people will use to lay of and may be be ahead with other bookies or just have the odd winning bet then go dormant etc...the only fact about Befair that was released in their documentation when they went public was that in the previous year 10,000 users had shown a profit of more than £15,000 in the latest full year
Tennis is known to have a particular number of professional gamblers who follow the tour round the world because of the head to head nature & getting knowledge of injuries, who's really trying or not etc etc. Courtside betting was banned in France at one point, not sure if still is,
Consistent staking is not the key either, all your bets cannot have the same value (EV) so staking more on the rarer better opportunities is important

You will note I suggested to read the book. It has NOTHING to do with a consistent staking strategy. That is the point. A true pro gambler will know the value of a bet and "their edge" over the bookie on a given bet. Thus the best staking strategy which is married to the % edge over the bookie. ie - When an excellent opportunity comes along , as you have suggested .... it enables a much larger bet.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
'The 1% consistently make money Betfair statement does not stand up on it's own'...people will use to lay of and may be be ahead with other bookies or just have the odd winning bet then go dormant etc...the only fact about Befair that was released in their documentation when they went public was that in the previous year 10,000 users had shown a profit of more than £15,000 in the latest full year
Tennis is known to have a particular number of professional gamblers who follow the tour round the world because of the head to head nature & getting knowledge of injuries, who's really trying or not etc etc. Courtside betting was banned in France at one point, not sure if still is,
Consistent staking is not the key either, all your bets cannot have the same value (EV) so staking more on the rarer better opportunities is important

On the point about betfair. Of course betfair is not going to be aware of the arbitrage that is going on etc. But two points spring to mind.

1 ) Any long term pro would likely be in profit with Betfair also. Added to the fact that most long term Pro's would have their accounts closed by bookie's. ( They don't like to lose ). HENCE Betfair is the only real option for a pro gambler

2) not to mention the fact that generally the odds are better on Betfair, and so laying off prices with bookmakers are rare opportunities indeed.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Today I've placed some money on Murray to win in straight sets. On the face of it the odds don't look overly good at 5/4 but he rarely has trouble against the big serving players and with the importance of keeping these matches short, I think he'll win in straight.

That'll be another fail then...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't understand why people are so keen/desperate for the bet to lose. It is looking very good now though, just Nadal to do the business and all of a sudden the shoe is on the other foot. If HsH has this bet, I wonder how much he will be laying off on Roddick to win, no lose situation now.

I've lumped a tenner into my bet365 account and am going to have a few nibbles in play, I think Roddick is going to start well, but Nadal will win in the end. I'll have a few £1 B.I.P flutters, good times. It should be a very competitive match.

Also, 3 of the 4 quater finalists in the junior Boys events are British! :ohmy: And Liam Broady is NOT one of them!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't understand why people are so keen/desperate for the bet to lose. It is looking very good now though, just Nadal to do the business and all of a sudden the shoe is on the other foot. If HsH has this bet, I wonder how much he will be laying off on Roddick to win, no lose situation now.

I've lumped a tenner into my bet365 account and am going to have a few nibbles in play, I think Roddick is going to start well, but Nadal will win in the end. I'll have a few £1 B.I.P flutters, good times. It should be a very competitive match.

Also, 3 of the 4 quater finalists in the junior Boys events are British! :ohmy: And Liam Broady is NOT one of them!

Thanks. Once again NSC come out trumps. I win a 6/5, 7/5, 5/2 and look likely to win this big bet but they bring up the one bet I didn't win. This was just a little bit of fun and I lost £3 on it. Bit of a shame considering he was two sets up but by no means disastrous.

I have placed £125 on Roddick at 4/1. I'm still confident Nadal will win this match and the bet will come in but if the worst comes to the worst, I've covered £500 and it's not too painful to my current pot i'm trying to build up.

Time to enjoy the match and see whether I come out £220 down or £1200 up!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Today I've placed some money on Murray to win in straight sets. On the face of it the odds don't look overly good at 5/4 but he rarely has trouble against the big serving players and with the importance of keeping these matches short, I think he'll win in straight.

Please just stop. Now.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

You're right it is looking a good bet. It's the attitude and bullshit that winds people up. And I still don't believe he actually has put that amount on it anyway

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I don't think anyone wants the bet to lose, it's just puzzling why he's trying to score points with people on here by bullshiting on how much money he's put on. Not sure who he's trying to impress?

He might as well start a thread saying how much he hates boots but has to shop there because they are the only place that sells condoms big enough to fit him!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks like he will win unless Nadal self-implodes

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Congratulations, that is the most emphatic win in a tennis match I have seen since my own victory earlier today... Good result HsH, however much was on. I don't regret not following you in though, not my sort of bet and too risky for the price but you were spot on with this one. I just hope you don't do what I've seen too often and think you can do it every time.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Congratulations, that is the most emphatic win in a tennis match I have seen since my own victory earlier today... Good result HsH, however much was on. I don't regret not following you in though, not my sort of bet and too risky for the price but you were spot on with this one. I just hope you don't do what I've seen too often and think you can do it every time.

Thanks. I've banked £1150 and will play around with £50 staking some 'value' long odds.

Got £4 on Bolton to beat United at home at 8.5/1 and £5 on Kerber to win the US open at 50/1.

I obvously don't PREDICT these results to come in, but I believe there is value here. The womens game is wide open and Kerber has every chance of beating Stosur in which i'd then cover my losses in the final.
Results are often skewed after the international fixtures so it may halt Uniteds excellent start and Bolton are no mugs at home. I'm not saying bet on these but certainly worth a few quid I believe.

Anyway thanks again for your support, I'll keep grinding away but I promise to be careful!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Thanks. I've banked £1150 and will play around with £50 staking some 'value' long odds.

Got £4 on Bolton to beat United at home at 8.5/1 and £5 on Kerber to win the US open at 50/1.

I obvously don't PREDICT these results to come in, but I believe there is value here. The womens game is wide open and Kerber has every chance of beating Stosur in which i'd then cover my losses in the final.
Results are often skewed after the international fixtures so it may halt Uniteds excellent start and Bolton are no mugs at home. I'm not saying bet on these but certainly worth a few quid I believe.

Anyway thanks again for your support, I'll keep grinding away but I promise to be careful!

Good for you. £1150 in the bank even though Betfair's multi-million-pound computer systems never registered your bet. What a result.
Can't spend too long in your fantasy world, though, because Kylie's insisting that I log off the laptop and give her some full-on attention.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Good for you. £1150 in the bank even though Betfair's multi-million-pound computer systems never registered your bet. What a result.
Can't spend too long in your fantasy world, though, because Kylie's insisting that I log off the laptop and give her some full-on attention.

:lol:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

:lolol: love it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here