Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Email received...

Subject: Important Season Ticket Information

Dear Darren - Lord, Master and General Overseer of NSC,

The club is now accepting expressions of interest from season ticket holders wishing to move their seat for the 2012/13 season.

Season ticket holders must first renew for the 2012/13 season. Once renewed, if you wish to move please download the form using the link below, and complete it with your reasons why you would like to move.

We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate all requests.
Therefore each request received will be viewed on its individual merits and particular consideration will be given to those fans with health or mobility issues.

Those who do move seats are advised that their original seat will be made available for general sale and they will not be entitled to move back.

Due to the high volume of renewals we expect to have very limited options for fans to move particularly with the planning application for the additional seats still on-going.

Please click here to download the movers form and return it by post or in person to:

The Ticket Office
American Express Community Stadium
Village Way
Brighton BN1 9BL

If you wish to request a move, please return your form as soon as possible and no later than Thursday 5th April. Any applications received after this date will not be considered. Successful applicants will be notified of any changes prior to the start of the 2012/2013 season.

Regards
Paul McGowan
Ticket Office Manager

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sounds dodgy to me, as essentially you are giving up your seat first and then being moved. Ideal for those with a genuine reason to move, but will probably put off those not happy with neighbours etc etc

D

Deleted member 18477

Sounds dodgy as hell. Could end up going from WSU centre to lower west/south corner. Think I'll stick and continue to leave on 90 mins for P&R queue.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sounds dodgy to me, as essentially you are giving up your seat first and then being moved.

That's not my interpretation. I reckoned it was either:

a) You'll get a new seat, or
b) You'll keep your existing seat

D

Deleted member 18477

Yesterday.

Incorrect! Ban this Mod for talking shit! Renewal date is 1st May IF paying in full. And only yesterday if you want to start a new direct debit! If you already had a DD going from last season you do nothing and have to ring to cancel your seat/DD.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
What about those who want to buy season tickets for their kids. Do they buy the tickets and then hope that they can be moved or do they risk having 2 under 10 tickets which cannot be used as the kids cannot sit on their own.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sounds dodgy to me, as essentially you are giving up your seat first and then being moved. Ideal for those with a genuine reason to move, but will probably put off those not happy with neighbours etc etc

Exactly .. I want to move because I was at the back of the queue for this season and wasn't much on offer when I got my turn. So I simply want a better seat but this implies they could move you and then it's tough.

I absolutely buy into the fact that once you agree a move you can't go back but are they saying they simply assign you a new seat without the opportunity to decline and stay where you are?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Incorrect! Ban this Mod for talking shit! Renewal date is 1st May IF paying in full. And only yesterday if you want to start a new direct debit! If you already had a DD going from last season you do nothing and have to ring to cancel your seat/DD.

It says quite clearly in my letter from Ken Brown, that if I wished to cancel, I had to contact them before 27th March... and the first payment for my new season ticket will go out on or soon after 2nd April.

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
Perhaps there should be a 'Swap shop' for people wanting to move. Might work well. I can't see 23000 people getting a preferred seat in the North Stand though somehow

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This could be tricky if you are in the middle of a "moving seats chain", the first person in the chain decides to stay in their old seat and it all goes tits up. :moo:

D

Deleted member 18477

It says quite clearly in my letter from Ken Brown, that if I wished to cancel, I had to contact them before 27th March... and the first payment for my new season ticket will go out on or soon after 2nd April.

People have different letters mate. I payed in full last year so I had to either set up direct debit by yesterday or pay in full by 1st May.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This could be tricky if you are in the middle of a "moving seats chain", the first person in the chain decides to stay in their old seat and it all goes tits up. :moo:

I suspect they haven't thought through all the implications. It needs an FAQ somewhere and they're not giving sufficient time to apply without a whole bunch of questions being answered

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I would be very surprised if they granted you a move because you don't like your neigbours or you want a 'better' seat. I think that if people want to move (unless its from the WSU) they will need to think of some novel reasons(bullshit).

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
People have different letters mate. I payed in full last year so I had to either set up direct debit by yesterday or pay in full by 1st May.

Actually you get both letters if you pay by DD. Basically if you paid last year by DD you have to renew by 27th as Titanic says. If you then want to move seat you complete the form in the letter that Bozza has posted. I just got mine too.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Hang on, did I have to do anything to renew my existing seats?

I read it, that I didn't.

That's correct - you keep your existing seat unless you want to change. If you paid by DD and wnat to stay in your existing seat you need do nothing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's correct - you keep your existing seat unless you want to change. If you paid by DD and wnat to stay in your existing seat you need do nothing.
Thanks, I'd better clean up all this pooh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here