Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WALKING to the Amex

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Well - I live in Hove and have walked a few times (I was going through a bit of a fitness fad...), and my route is Shirley Drive, Old Shoreham Road, past BHASVIC, down under the viaduct, cross Preston Circus, continue on until you reach the Sainsbury's roundabout / Bear Road interchange, then up the Lewes Road...... It takes me 1 hour and 45 minutes from door to Pint of Harveys in the WSU .....(I must admit, I stopped doing that in November, as I couldnt be arsed)

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Pubs and chickens are always a distraction of course, but I am determined to remain FOCUSSED at the task in hand (and thanks for the mileage [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] ). I reckon I'll chug along at around 3-4mph for most of it, so 2 and a half hours to do just under 9 miles looks about right, assuming I don't get waylaid by an errant Kronie or a succulent chicken-tit on the way.

And no [MENTION=10]Benny Seagull[/MENTION] I do not have one of those new fangled "bicyclists" contraptions of which you speak. I am in no hurry, I have no need for velocity or the shortest route. The pleasure is in the walking and the music and the podcasts, as I march along with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

Why not saunter along the Hangleton Road, down Mill Road, through Patcham, and down Coldean Lane?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
If you call it 9 miles, the average person walks at 3 mph, so depends on your walking speed and whether you would be able to push yourself for the sustained pace. So average joe it would take 3 hours.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not average joe. I am a slightly wheezey machine.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
I've done the walk from New Church Road and the flattest and quickest way is via Old Shoreham Road ,Preston Circus, Upper Lewes Road to Sainsbury's and then up the Lewes Road. If you dont mind hills then go via Hollingbury and Coldean Lane

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Me and the boy walked back after a game to Preston Park. Took us 60 minutes at a leisurely pace so I'd say you're spot on with the timings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You still walking Easy?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK, so assuming its not HONKING down on Saturday, I have decided I am going to walk from Portslade to the Amex to watch us totally out-soccer those Huddersfield dins. On my average MINCE along the seafront, which I do fairly regularly, it takes me just under an hour to get from Portslade to Brighton city centre. So I'm reckoning the usual hour to walk to the Steine, then all the way up Lewes Road to that little walkway just before the A27 junction, and then onwards to the Amex is....ooooh....about another hour and a quarter-ish maybe ? Hour and a half ? I intend being in the queue for DICKS at around 1pm, so 10.30 am start should do it, with a fully charged iPod, a hey-diddle-diddle, and a fair wind. Or are my rough guesstimates a bit SKEWED ?

Perhaps en route you could drop by the Lost Property office at Brighton station and report the loss of your mind :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Bugle.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I haven't started yet, you cheeky git :)

Have you left yet
I'm driving along portslade seafront road at 10 it might be a good idea to let us all know what your wearing so when driving past we can honk our horns and give you support on this amazing pilgrimage good luck easy our hearts go out to you

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
yjyhugu7.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have you left yet
I'm driving along portslade seafront road at 10 it might be a good idea to let us all know what your wearing so when driving past we can honk our horns and give you support on this amazing pilgrimage good luck easy our hearts go out to you

Most kind.

Departure time will be 10.30 sharp. I shall mostly be wearing jeans, a long-sleeved polo top with a dark navy blue BHAFC bodywarmer from the Autumn/Winter range, all offset by a mauve ruffled cravat and a jaunty gait.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Hmmm, 10.30.

Can I be bothered to pop along and wave you off from the house?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Most kind.

Departure time will be 10.30 sharp. I shall mostly be wearing jeans, a long-sleeved polo top with a dark navy blue BHAFC bodywarmer from the Autumn/Winter range, all offset by a mauve ruffled cravat and a jaunty gait.
Don't forget to pace yourself and bare in mind the altitude sickness as you take the final last leg up the Amex steps especially if you're sitting in wsu once again good luck chap and don't forget to keep us informed of your progress may god be with you

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here