Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WALKING to the Amex

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I would suggest going down Old Shoreham Road too, cause then you would literally be going down the Old Shoreham Road to see the Brighton Aces (albeit in the OTHER direction). Being blue and white, running and having a smiling face would also be a plus.
Now this is one of those rare moments I'd like a like button.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
OK, so assuming its not HONKING down on Saturday, I have decided I am going to walk from Portslade to the Amex to watch us totally out-soccer those Huddersfield dins. On my average MINCE along the seafront, which I do fairly regularly, it takes me just under an hour to get from Portslade to Brighton city centre. So I'm reckoning the usual hour to walk to the Steine, then all the way up Lewes Road to that little walkway just before the A27 junction, and then onwards to the Amex is....ooooh....about another hour and a quarter-ish maybe ? Hour and a half ? I intend being in the queue for DICKS at around 1pm, so 10.30 am start should do it, with a fully charged iPod, a hey-diddle-diddle, and a fair wind. Or are my rough guesstimates a bit SKEWED ?

*strokes chin thoughtfully*

The first match of last season it took me a 15 minute very brisk walk:wink: --now after several hundred gallons of 'Harvey's' its quicker by bus:drink:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Good going, I would probably have a heart attack before I got to the steine.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
This sounds like a rather splendid idea.

I seem to have inadvertently been signed up for a London to Brighton walk on the may bank holiday weekend. 100km apparently. Leaves Sat morning, aiming to get there Sunday morning, stay over, and then get the supporters' coach back up to London on the Monday for the play off final against the scum:thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So we would be talking 3 hours roughly fro Shoreham however I would go along the Old Shoreham Road - does anyone know a website that calculates walking routes

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
So we would be talking 3 hours roughly fro Shoreham however I would go along the Old Shoreham Road - does anyone know a website that calculates walking routes

2 hours 14 minutes walking time (6.5 miles) from portslade station to the Amex, just put the route through google maps

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Routes at Bikely.com.

Obviously it's a tool for bikes, but it's nice and easy for plotting routes and distance.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Right I might just do this probably Blackpool at home as Wolves I am entertaining a posse of Black Country people

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Pubs and chickens are always a distraction of course, but I am determined to remain FOCUSSED at the task in hand (and thanks for the mileage [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] ). I reckon I'll chug along at around 3-4mph for most of it, so 2 and a half hours to do just under 9 miles looks about right, assuming I don't get waylaid by an errant Kronie or a succulent chicken-tit on the way.

And no [MENTION=10]Benny Seagull[/MENTION] I do not have one of those new fangled "bicyclists" contraptions of which you speak. I am in no hurry, I have no need for velocity or the shortest route. The pleasure is in the walking and the music and the podcasts, as I march along with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

What AbOut If ErNest trys TO WaYLay yOU with PRomISE of A sAUSaGE ON ROuTE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here