Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WALKING to the Amex

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You might have started something here EASY 10 if you keep doing the same walk for every game people might start following you like FOREST GUMP by the end of the season you could have a few hundred people following on behind

:lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thing is, I think in this Saturday scenario you have envisaged for yourself, Albion DEFINITELY win. Say we lose.

You then have to TRUDGE (and it will be a trudge) all the way home afterwards, as 'Udders fans throw things at you from the windows of their fast-moving vehicles.

Or...he could just get the train or bus home.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Win, lose or draw I will NOT be walking home [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION]. But thanks for the Gilbert heads up, I might just suck that and see.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy, it will take you about 7 hours as you'll be going via the bookies, numerous watering holes and the sausage sarnie break!!

My usual weekly donation to the Ladbrokes coffers will be safely deposited before I set off Rust. I'm going to have a ripe pear and a red hot Pepperami stowed somewhere in my trousers for the journey. And not a drop of alcohol shall pass my lips until I am searching fruitlessly for a spare chair in Dicks.

"Anyone sitting there mate ?"
"Tch"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For some reason in my BRAIN I had thought you were determined to walk home. I'm almost tempted myself. Have walked back a few times from the game to Kemp Town.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know the city has changed since my day but wouldnt the OSR be a better route than the seafront then drop down to Preston Park and across from there? Should be a fair bit shorter?

He could even cut a corner off by going up to Dyke Rd from OSR, dropping down to Preston Road, up Surrenden Rd to Ditchling Rd and then Coldean Lane. It is more hilly that way.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps Easy can apply Naismith's Rule to determine the optimum route to the stadium :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I will have a Frank Skinner ready to rock, and will be trying not to look like a mentalist as I snort and guffaw my way along. The rest of the journey will take place to a thumping backdrop of pop-tastic era-defining choons on shuffle, from the 70's, 80's and 90's - but not much beyond that, as apart from 'Call Me Maybe' (obviously), there has not been ONE decent single produced since 1993. That is a FACT, and you can take it to the BRIDGE.
Your loss 40 mins of The Bugle and you're anybodies.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Why don't you post your progress on a kind of "matchday" thread. You might pick up some additional walkers on the way or people might be looking out for you to pass by on your route and give you a wave.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A packet of pork scratchings and a briefly inadvertant brush of hands and I'm anybodies.

pork-500x500.jpg

or

article-0-0AC3A901000005DC-390_233x287.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The top ones [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]

Those Mr Porky ones are RUBBISH. You get about 2 big nobbly ones, and the rest is DUST.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone tried walking over the downs to the Amex from Plumpton?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why don't you post your progress on a kind of "matchday" thread. You might pick up some additional walkers on the way or people might be looking out for you to pass by on your route and give you a wave.

I've done some boring threads in my time, but a progress report on where I am on my way to the Amex might, I think, just about top the lot.

Anyone tried walking over the downs to the Amex from Plumpton?

Used to cycle this route all the time when I lived next to the College. Straight up Streat hill to Streathill farm then follow the bridleway to St.Mary's farm and on to Falmer Village. Think it was a about 2.5-3 miles approx. Completely liberating cycling past all the people waiting for buses and stuck in cars waiting to get out. However a good torch is necessary for the journey home though you might just get away with it now if you leave the ground at the final whistle. Surreal experience last season after the evening Palace game hearing all the chanting whilst being up on the downs all alone in the dark.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
OK, so assuming its not HONKING down on Saturday, I have decided I am going to walk from Portslade to the Amex to watch us totally out-soccer those Huddersfield dins. On my average MINCE along the seafront, which I do fairly regularly, it takes me just under an hour to get from Portslade to Brighton city centre. So I'm reckoning the usual hour to walk to the Steine, then all the way up Lewes Road to that little walkway just before the A27 junction, and then onwards to the Amex is....ooooh....about another hour and a quarter-ish maybe ? Hour and a half ? I intend being in the queue for DICKS at around 1pm, so 10.30 am start should do it, with a fully charged iPod, a hey-diddle-diddle, and a fair wind. Or are my rough guesstimates a bit SKEWED ?

*strokes chin thoughtfully*

£5 to favourite charity if backwards walking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here