Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walkers Crisps SUCK!!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've just had a bag of these noxious potato based concoctions you brits call 'crisps'

They were too hard. They were too thick. The salting was uneven. They tasted like the potatoes went off years ago.

How do Walkers sell enough to make the cash to sponsor Leicesters stadium? I know it can't be much to get those naming rights, but its still more than a company that makes crap can afford...

I'm going back to me Tayto. The UK can have its crisps back...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Whenever a company corners the market with a product, you can bet your life the quality will plummet. :(

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I preferred Golden Wonder. I still prefer Salt'n'Shake.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
MYOB said:
I've just had a bag of these noxious potato based concoctions you brits call 'crisps'

They were too hard. They were too thick. The salting was uneven. They tasted like the potatoes went off years ago.

How do Walkers sell enough to make the cash to sponsor Leicesters stadium? I know it can't be much to get those naming rights, but its still more than a company that makes crap can afford...

I'm going back to me Tayto. The UK can have its crisps back...
I think it must be local taste. The Bugle in Brighton (a proper Irish pub) sells Tayto crisps - and all then English think they are AWFUL! Thin, soft and tasteless. A crisp should be, well, er, 'crispy', not taste like it was dipped in beer slops and stuffed in a 60s-style plastic bag.

To the discerning English palate Walkers are easily the best pub crisps in the world. Especially the 'Taste Sensations'. Worth every penny.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe you just had a bad-un. Walkers Crisps are a fine brand - its the bag that just keeps giving, you seem to get LOADS of crisps to each bag.

But given the choice, I prefer a bag of the Devils Toenails (pork scratchings). Lovely with a pint of wifebeater.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Taytos used to be good but now just taste of fat and have lots of horrible black and green bits on them which is why their sales are dropping and walkers is pushing them for the top spot in Ireland now.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Tayto crisps in the UK, Irish pub or not; are likely to be made by Tayto NI, which isn't the same company at all. Theres two companies with the same name and similar products, different owners and always have been seperate though.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lush said:
You're not really meant to SUCK them...

I suck my crisps :down:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
MYOB said:

Because they're part of the american company that makes Lays and you know how many crisps those fat bastards eat.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
MYOB said:
Tayto crisps in the UK, Irish pub or not; are likely to be made by Tayto NI, which isn't the same company at all. Theres two companies with the same name and similar products, different owners and always have been seperate though.
You're correct, they are from Northern Ireland. They used to be branded (not sure about now as I eat Twiglets as opposed to that Tayto muck) as a 'Taste of Home'. No wonder, I thought, that there's so many Irish people in Brighton - they've all come over to escape these crisps and eat the Walkers Sweet Chilli Taste Sensations, which as Chappers as intimated are really rather scrumptious.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Tayto, as in the REAL Tayto, from Coolock, are perfection embodied

Then again, they did invent the technology used to flavour crisps and get royalties from it.

Oh, and their bags are the right colour too - Salt and Vinegar are BLUE, Cheese and Onion are RED.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
MYOB said:
.....Oh, and their bags are the right colour too - Salt and Vinegar are BLUE, Cheese and Onion are RED.
WRONG! Cheese and Onion are GREEN!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Re: Walkers Crisps SUCK!!

Rangdo said:
Because they're part of the american company that makes Lays and you know how many crisps those fat bastards eat.

Except they eat potato chips ;)

...and Lay's are FAR superior to anything Walkers put out as mainstream products. Even the Cypriot Lay's are better!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Cheese and Onion are RED. They were RED in 1953 when Tayto INVENTED them.

Must be a licencing deal that Walkers can't nick the Tayto colours without paying them more.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
you forget that I live in Ireland though and have been eating Tayto crisps for over 30 years on visits to family. They have been added to my list of once good but now crap like waggon wheels and curly wurlys.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
MYOB said:
Oh, and their bags are the right colour too - Salt and Vinegar are BLUE, Cheese and Onion are RED.
Thats still wrong though.

Salt & Vinegar = BLUE
Cheese & onion = GREEN
Prawn Cocktail = PINK
Beef & Onion = BROWN
Plain = RED
Chicken = YELLOW
Worcester Sauce = PURPLE

If every crisp manufacturer stuck to these simple principles, we'd save an awful lot of heartache, disappointment and confusion in newsagents everywhere.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here