Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walkers Crisps SUCK!!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Yes! I'm starting a movement, a cause, drawing a line in the sand! No more will this craven submission to the Worcestershire Sauce Crunchies go on!

Good luck getting that off the ground. Worcester sauce wheat crunchies are the mother of all snacks and theres nothing you or your pathetic little followers can do about it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To be honest, I don't like Wheat Crunchies either. Not any of the flavours, they are really strong make me feel a bit sick.

Personally,

Kettle crisps blow all the above away and they come in serious sized packets. Not the pozy 5 crisps and the bag is full size.

Just bought my first packet of Tayto "The Taste of Home". Then just discovered this thread.

Allright crisps.

back to Beer what is so good about all the beer in one country being dominated by basically one brewery. That is not taken beer seriously! Its the complete opposite. Plus why be proud of a beer initially brewed for Porters in London.

Its like being dominated by one type of bread. What it has achieved is the preservation of proper pubs, because there is less need for competetion.

Also micro-brewaries are now starting off in Ireland. With a massive one now established in Dublin.

UK used to have 100's if not thousand of beers b4 the big 6 brewaries started to close down their competitors.

We are a poorer nation as a result.

:angry:

LC

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Tayto 'the taste of home' are not made by Tayto of Coolock, they're made by Tayto of Tandragee. They're not the same company

There are a few microbreweries here, but if I go down to my local, which is a proper, old pub, not some new one; all they sell are the 'traditional' beers all pubs have - guinness, carlsberg, heineken, bass, murphys, smithwicks, etc. No local speciliaties, nothing

The nearest we have to a Harveys-like local brewer is Finians, which is available nearly everywhere.

I think it may be down to how pubs are owned here compared to the UK.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
BTW, as a kid, if ever in a pub a big bag of Tayto Cheese and Onion and a glass of Red Lemonade was the BEST thing you could get. Sheer perfection

Of course in the UK you don't have red lemonade. Or Club Orange. Or Barrys Tea. Or Bachelors beans. Or Galtee or Denny rashers and sausages....

I think it may be down to how pubs are owned here compared to the UK.

Unfortunately we heading for the pub aimed at 14-25 years olds:angry:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The brewers do not and CAN NOT own pubs here, by law. The publican owns the entire pub, building, licence, etc, and does his own supply chains. No equivalents of Wetherspoons or Yates over here.

The nearest we have is Fitzgeralds. One guy owns fifteen pubs. He's not a brewer though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Red lemonade sounds well good.

I used to LOVE goign to the pub as a youngster and having a pint of lemonade and lime, I had a craving for one the other day but had a beer instead. It was so refreshing and fizzy!

Yum

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
MYOB said:
The brewers do not and CAN NOT own pubs here, by law. The publican owns the entire pub, building, licence, etc, and does his own supply chains. No equivalents of Wetherspoons or Yates over here.

superb!! England needed that law years ago...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
MYOB said:

Of course in the UK you don't have red lemonade. Or Club Orange. Or Barrys Tea. Or Bachelors beans. Or Galtee or Denny rashers and sausages....
So? You only have affection for those products because thats what you were brought up on the same as we have affection for the products we were brought up on.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
ps This thread is making Ireland sound like a whole 'nother country!

Weird or what?

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Rangdo said:
So? You only have affection for those products because thats what you were brought up on the same as we have affection for the products we were brought up on.

yeah - like VEGEMITE - it RULES the PLANET!!:drink:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
ps This thread is making Ireland sound like a whole 'nother' country!

Weird or what?

We're way more different from the UK than the US is; but in some ways we're way too similar - the same newspapers, same mobile networks - same media in general I guess.

The Independent in the UK is owned by the Irish Independent; we get the Sunday Times as a high-selling paper here, etc...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Red lemonade ? Sounds like TIZER to me.

Anyone caught drinking Tizer at my school when I were a lad was given a dead leg.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
No, Tizer is different. Red Lemonade is an Ireland only phenomenon

Get some if you ever come over here. Nothing like Tizer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be sure to give it a go. As long as no-one comes over and gives me a dead leg, cos I really hate that.

Must make your Southern Comfort and lemonades look weird.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
R, WHITE lemonade

I'm a secret lemonade drinker
(R Whites R Whites)
I've been tryin' to give it up oh but its one of those nights
(R Whites R Whites R Whites)
R Whites lemona-a-aaaade....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here