Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walk out music, time for a change?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Keep GOSBTS but would much prefer if they stopped the music at the point of "And we're going up to win the cup..." and let the crowd sing the final lines. It would make quite an impact and just maybe encourage people who don't ordinarily sing to join in for once.

Sorry but there is no way we should do that. SOBTS ( not GOSBTS by the way ) is a fantastic world war 1 march for the troops, adopted as a Sussex 'anthem' by the Albion and SCCC. We should honour it for what it is rather than using words which are inappropriate and frankly pathetic.

It seems most people have no understanding of the history, our history.

Would you rather have 'Glad all over' or ' Mull of Kintyre'

And I am not even Sussex born !

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
GOSBTS - Version for Leeds?

"Now is the time for mincing, now let your hearts be gay
Park with the merry buggers dogging along our way.
So open up your ring, my boys and take a length from me,
And I'll slip you my schlong as we cruise along,
For Sussex By The Sea".

Wait, they're NOT the words?

When did they change?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Apologies if this has already been posted before but although Sussex by the sea is part of our history and I wouldn't want to change this but is it really getting the players going before the game? I wouldn't want SBS banished but maybe played after the game instead?

Any ideas on new anthems?

Right here right now? FBS for starters

I could've sworn it was you who suggested it last time? ???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't be arsed to read through the whole thread purely because the OP is moronic. SBS is part of the clubs traditional identity. Why change it for some passing fad.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Instead of getting rid of it, put it right before the players come out. When the players come out, everyone claps, so putting it before allows people to sing it. At all together now, that's when the players start walking out.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
2562354-HowAboutNoMeme.jpg

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Apologies if this has already been posted before but although Sussex by the sea is part of our history and I wouldn't want to change this but is it really getting the players going before the game? I wouldn't want SBS banished but maybe played after the game instead?

Any ideas on new anthems?

Right here right now? FBS for starters

You sir, are a fool

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here