Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walk out music, time for a change?

C

CT1

Apologies if this has already been posted before but although Sussex by the sea is part of our history and I wouldn't want to change this but is it really getting the players going before the game? I wouldn't want SBS banished but maybe played after the game instead?

Any ideas on new anthems?

Right here right now? FBS for starters

Disgusting post. Go and support Cardiff.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Wrong wrong wrong

SBS is a part of the fabric of the club...

it might not mean as much to our current players...they need all the help they can get leading up to the play offs.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Wrong wrong wrong

SBS is a part of the fabric of the club...

lets never forget this at all as mentioned before I already know this ive heard it enough times and at the cricket. Its just a thought

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
NO NO NO NO NO NO
Sussex by the Sea...... or be a JCL.

Sorry Im a traditionalist on this. GOSBTS is the Albion song. Might as well tell Everton to change Z-cars or Wets Ham blowing bubbles.

NO no a thousand times no and Im very very suspicious of anyone who suggests otherwise.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
No, one thing I would change though, is to BAN people singing der der der der der deeeeeeeeeeeer der.
Sing the right bloody words, at the right bloody SPEED:rant:

Now is the time for marching, Now let your hearts be gay,
Hark to the merry bugles Sounding along our way.
So let your voices ring, my boys and take the time from me,
And I’ll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea

Agree with this. Learn the words, not difficult.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
it might not mean as much to our current players...they need all the help they can get leading up to the play offs.

Should we tailor everything to the current players tastes then? Sod history, sod the club, "Spanish Dave, what's your favourite song?"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
GOSBTS is unique to us as a football club. Why would we want to be like all the rest and pick some random melody from the charts?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Should we tailor everything to the current players tastes then? Sod history, sod the club, "Spanish Dave, what's your favourite song?"

what do you reckon its not a bad idea you have two choices

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Don't really care what the players think, I very much doubt they are particularly bothered what music is played, they should be fully concentrating on the task ahead.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
GOSBTS is unique to us as a football club. Why would we want to be like all the rest and pick some random melody from the charts?

doesn't have to be a random melody at all....what about a fat boy slim version?

No way. GOSBTS is a fine stirring march, even without the Albion connection.

It is a long time ago but I was particularly stirred to hear it played by the Kohima band at full blast at Lewes Bonfire once outside the Crown Court - at quite a bit after midnight! Be lovely to see and hear them perform it at the Amex - worth a goal start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here