Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walk out music, time for a change?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
What makes me laugh is if you suggest something rather than saying "the walk out music must be changed" you get ruined or asked if your on the wind up or suggested you are a lesser fan or plastic or whatever!!? It was only a suggestion which is what this forum is all about right? Plus would you say that to me face to face if you didn't know me. I think we all know the answer to this. I think you should read my footer pal! this is all

tough guy alert!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What about this

NO,NO,NO we are not a welsh club are or have I died and the leek wielding welsh taken over the whole of the UK

GOSBTS without a doubt for the team entrance
but hey heres an idea how about after an Albion goal playing "go west" pet shop boys and every single Albion fan pointing west as the words are sung.
sorry I am laughing as I write this as it would really would be comical

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Keep GOSBTS but would much prefer if they stopped the music at the point of "And we're going up to win the cup..." and let the crowd sing the final lines. It would make quite an impact and just maybe encourage people who don't ordinarily sing to join in for once.

This has crossed my mind as well... think it would sound great.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If we DID change as we're now Britain's official Gay club it would HAVE to be YMCA.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Maybe the players should be fully informed of its significance, if indeed they do not know already. They need to know it is second only to the National Anthem within Sussex.

Leicester have something even worse, a fox hunting horn on tape since the old guy was no longer up to the job. Would you suggest they ditch that as well?

MAybe we could change it to some old crap like Tom Hark?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
No, one thing I would change though, is to BAN people singing der der der der der deeeeeeeeeeeer der.
Sing the right bloody words, at the right bloody SPEED:rant:

Now is the time for marching, Now let your hearts be gay,
Hark to the merry bugles Sounding along our way.
So let your voices ring, my boys and take the time from me,
And I’ll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If we DID change as we're now Britain's official Gay club it would HAVE to be YMCA.

this had crossed my mint as well it would sort of f**K up the FA's investigation though

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I ruddy love Sussex By The Sea. :bowdown:

But if we REALLY have to replace it, might I suggest;

Other teams would be BOTTLING it in the walk out onto the pitch. FIREEEEE.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Well,you do read some ball hooks on here from time to time.

Still,I like the red shirts and Falmer FC ideas.Perhaps Falmer United since the stadium is a fait accompli ?
This,of course,allows us all to shout out F.U. at the top of our voices - useful when we REALLY don't like the other lot.
We could run out to "Good old Falmer by the pond."

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I ruddy love Sussex By The Sea. :bowdown:

But if we REALLY have to replace it, might I suggest;

Other teams would be BOTTLING it in the walk out onto the pitch. FIREEEEE.

pretty good that

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No, one thing I would change though, is to BAN people singing der der der der der deeeeeeeeeeeer der.
Sing the right bloody words, at the right bloody SPEED:rant:

Now is the time for marching, Now let your hearts be gay,
Hark to the merry bugles Sounding along our way.
So let your voices ring, my boys and take the time from me,
And I’ll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea

Yes, I am sure there will be a rousing rendition of the words if they were printed in the program.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
It strange how many clubs have chosen some random tune for their walk out music that has no obvious connection with them other than geeing up the crowd a bit. I think it is Hull who use a hyped up version of Led Zeppelin's 'Kashmir' which is all very well but has that got to do with Hull? Even some of the home fans looked mystified and certainly don't sing along.

You could go to many away grounds and close your eyes while their walk out music is playing and not have a clue which ground you are at because there is no obvious connection.

I agree there is a good choice of contemporary tunes that have a local connection with Brighton / Sussex but TBH I like that we remain loyal to GOSBTS, it has history and shows we are proud of our area. Ok it is a bit 'ham' and not as bad ass as some use, but it is a classic and best of all no mistaking that it is 'ours'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
GOSBTS - Version for Leeds?

"Now is the time for mincing, now let your hearts be gay
Park with the merry buggers dogging along our way.
So open up your ring, my boys and take a length from me,
And I'll slip you my schlong as we cruise along,
For Sussex By The Sea".

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
It strange how many clubs have chosen some random tune for their walk out music that has no obvious connection with them other than geeing up the crowd a bit. I think it is Hull who use a hyped up version of Led Zeppelin's 'Kashmir' which is all very well but has that got to do with Hull? Even some of the home fans looked mystified and certainly don't sing along.

You could go to many away grounds and close your eyes while their walk out music is playing and not have a clue which ground you are at because there is no obvious connection.

I agree there is a good choice of contemporary tunes that have a local connection with Brighton / Sussex but TBH I like that we remain loyal to GOSBTS, it has history and shows we are proud of our area. Ok it is a bit 'ham' and not as bad ass as some use, but it is a classic and best of all no mistaking that it is 'ours'.

whats with the Newcastle theme as well random! Mark Knopler Local Hero

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here