Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walk out music, time for a change?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Don't really care what the players think, I very much doubt they are particularly bothered what music is played, they should be fully concentrating on the task ahead.

why are you not bothered what our players think?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yeah, great, scrap it and introduce "Glad All Over" .... NOT!

It's GOSBTS and NOTHING else.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

About the music is my point.

The players will come and go but the club, hopefully, will continue to exist well beyond them. Its important in this day and age to have a little tradition in this all too changing world, let it be.

Next you'll be saying we should change our kit to all blue so Poyet can feel like his managing Chelsea.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Players are generally only here for a couple of years so why would they bother about the music? It's the fans that count as regards traditions in a club, not the players. To the majority of players, it's just a job.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
About the music is my point.

The players will come and go but the club, hopefully, will continue to exist well beyond them. Its important in this day and age to have a little tradition in this all too changing world, let it be.

Next you'll be saying we should change our kit to all blue so Poyet can feel like his managing Chelsea.

I see your point. Look I am the biggest advocate of the clubs history and feel strongly that we should keep our identity (inc blue and white stripes although didn't go down to bad in 83) and lets not loose sight of this BUT does this tradition inc the timing of when gosbts is played as well?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Players are generally only here for a couple of years so why would they bother about the music? It's the fans that count as regards traditions in a club, not the players. To the majority of players, it's just a job.

Bloody hell we agree on something

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I see your point. Look I am the biggest advocate of the clubs history and feel strongly that we should keep our identity (inc blue and white stripes although didn't go down to bad in 83) and lets not loose sight of this BUT does this tradition inc the timing of when gosbts is played as well?

Perhaps we should adopt Liverpool's way of playing their tacky music. We should play right here right now as the players walk out, allow the players to run about a bit, teams to be announced and then just after the toss, play GOSBTS at full blast just prior to kick off. Liverpool do it and some ref's even allow the game to start late whilst their fans deal with their "tradition", sometimes amazingly and embarrassingly (like some from our club) join in!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Perhaps we should adopt Liverpool's way of playing their tacky music. We should play right here right now as the players walk out, allow the players to run about a bit, teams to be announced and then just after the toss, play GOSBTS at full blast just prior to kick off. Liverpool do it and some ref's even allow the game to start late whilst their fans deal with their "tradition", sometimes amazingly and embarrassingly (like some from our club) join in!

you'll never walk alone is tack agreed but gosbts is our tradition so why not in the order you suggested just keeps giving and giving this post!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Sorry but it's a "no" from me. We have to run out to GOSBTS. Whatever precedes it bothers me very little. You'd lose all the impact by playing it after that initial surge of noise when the teams emerge.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry but it's a "no" from me. We have to run out to GOSBTS. Whatever precedes it bothers me very little. You'd lose all the impact by playing it after that initial surge of noise when the teams emerge.

My suggestion was somewhat tongue in cheek!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Keep GOSBTS but would much prefer if they stopped the music at the point of "And we're going up to win the cup..." and let the crowd sing the final lines. It would make quite an impact and just maybe encourage people who don't ordinarily sing to join in for once.

we're going up AND we'll win the cup would be even better

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Never. As mentioned, Mike Bamber went to the USA and came back with loads of new ideas including entering to the theme from Rocky. Now Mr Bamber did lots of good things at the club but this was the worst. I recall booing and then out-singing the PA, an easy thing at the Goldstone. But my question is WHEN WAS GOSBTS FIRST PLAYED? and no, I do not have the answer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apologies if this has already been posted before but although Sussex by the sea is part of our history and I wouldn't want to change this but is it really getting the players going before the game? I wouldn't want SBS banished but maybe played after the game instead?

Any ideas on new anthems?

Right here right now? FBS for starters

Walk out music? Surely its bad enough they leave in DROVES on 85 minutes without giving them their own anthem FFS :angry:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Apologies if this has already been posted before but although Sussex by the sea is part of our history and I wouldn't want to change this but is it really getting the players going before the game? I wouldn't want SBS banished but maybe played after the game instead?

Any ideas on new anthems?

Right here right now? FBS for starters

Can I politely say f***k off ? Not to you personally, but to the suggestion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here