Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wahts the biggest shithole in Sussex?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Brovian said:
Lancing. It's what I call my home town (although I wasn't born there) but it's a dump.

i live in sompting and was born i shoreham before living in fishersgate after.

however lancing has become dive full of nasty little chavs and underage mums especially at night.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
its full of thugs and chavs, there is always a chance of getting a kicking if you go to any of the pubs in the centre on a friday as non of them are signed up to pub watch which means all the barried people go to burgess hill.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'll expand:

Brighton, shitty west pier that needs ripping down, a bloody large gay scene, townie central on a friday/saturday night, a marina thats so overpriced even London would turn it down, house prices that are just plain stupid, average earning wage for someone who lives in Ethiopia, no proper stadium for the home football team, london commuters, a sea full of pollution, chav central otherwise known as the Churchill Shopping Centre/Mall....the list is bloody endles.....oh wait one more thing.....its in East Susssex.....'nuff said!

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
In reverse order ladies.

3. Withdean - a hole no less.
2. Goldstone ground - was a horrible little provincial ground.
1. Falmer - 20,000 Weed in one place? The stench will be over-powering.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bugess Hill is a shithole but people are a bit harsh on it.

In terms of what the town can offer, I think it has more than Haywards Heath now seeing as Haywards Heath now only has one pub.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Let me see Worthing's pretty shitty, Bognor, Lancing, Portslade and Bexhill and Hove Born and Inbred's bedsit.

Crawley myths

1) It's full of Palace, - No it's full of Chelsea and West Ham.

2) There's nothing to do - Well the cinema is better than anything in brighton, the swimming pool is better than Brighton and Tilgate park has no equivalent in Brighton

3) They're all inbred - Hardly likely as most of the population moved there in the last 50 years.

Look Crawley isn't great, but the residential areas look pretty much the same as every other town in SE England. It's the Leon Knight of Sussex, the it's ok to hate.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
paulie said:
In reverse order ladies.

3. Withdean - a hole no less.
2. Goldstone ground - was a horrible little provincial ground.
1. Falmer - 20,000 Weed in one place? The stench will be over-powering.

Go away..Croydon Bloke please sort will ya!!!

Yoda

English & European
caz99 said:
however lancing has become dive full of nasty little chavs and underage mums especially at night.

Tell me about it. I live a 2 mintue walk from their main hang out. Lancing Station. :down:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
CrabtreeBHA said:
I'll expand:

Brighton, shitty west pier that needs ripping down, a bloody large gay scene, townie central on a friday/saturday night, a marina thats so overpriced even London would turn it down, house prices that are just plain stupid, average earning wage for someone who lives in Ethiopia, no proper stadium for the home football team, london commuters, a sea full of pollution, chav central otherwise known as the Churchill Shopping Centre/Mall....the list is bloody endles.....oh wait one more thing.....its in East Susssex.....'nuff said!

Crabbers I couldn't agree with you more....

What do you think CB?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Crawley is much maligned and a bit unfairly I think. It's very chavvy but there are tons of places that are like that, and has been said before - shopping is acceptable (no better), the Virgin cinema is decent enough and the same goes for the Leisure centre. Also it doesn't have Brighton's shit awful traffic problems.

And Burgess Hill is better than it used to be. At least it's a working town that has got better.

There must be some worse shitholes than these two?

It's tricky to vote for anywhere by the sea because there is always at least one direction where the view is perfectly agreeable.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
caz99 said:
i live in sompting and was born i shoreham before living in fishersgate after.

I was born in Sompting, lived in Mile Oak, then back to Lancing and finally Tangmere.

Out of all those places only Lancing has descended to what I would term a shithole.

Mile Oak and Tangmere are remarkably similar to when I lived there (40 years and 25 years ago) and quite pleasant.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Yoda said:
Tell me about it. I live a 2 mintue walk from their main hang out. Lancing Station. :down:

its a nightmare i am not really that intimidated but i can imagine older people might be.

there as an anti social behaviour curfew round there wasn't there but i notice all the kids are back again

D

Deleted User X18H

Voroshilov said:
Let me see Worthing's pretty shitty, Bognor, Lancing, Portslade and Bexhill and Hove Born and Inbred's bedsit.

Crawley myths

1) It's full of Palace, - No it's full of Chelsea and West Ham.

2) There's nothing to do - Well the cinema is better than anything in brighton, the swimming pool is better than Brighton and Tilgate park has no equivalent in Brighton

3) They're all inbred - Hardly likely as most of the population moved there in the last 50 years.

Look Crawley isn't great, but the residential areas look pretty much the same as every other town in SE England. It's the Leon Knight of Sussex, the it's ok to hate.
How you know I have a bedsit is intruiging although its not in Hove its in Upper Lewes road (thats in Brighton) I rent it out and own another property near the fire station

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Perry Milkins said:
Crabbers I couldn't agree with you more....

What do you think CB?
I would have to say the football club is as bad as Ethiopia`s, but other than that spot on.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I have read this thread and cannot believe two things;

1) Seaford got a mention!!!! Er hmm two golf courses, right next door to the Seven Sisters (the most photographed area in SUSSEX). Lovely place.

2) No one has mentioned Hastings! Jesus!! I'd much rather live in Crawley or Burgess Hill than Hastings!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Croydonbloke said:
I would have to say the football club is as bad as Ethiopia`s, but other than that spot on.

So when we (not if) we play you next season it would be akin to Ethiopia against a national team worst than Ethiopia ( I admit I couldn't think of a country that would be worst than Ethiopia...mmm Scotland!!!)

Why doesn't Paulie have your level of wit and mirth?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Crawley is not that bad, but I would agree there are parts that are a horrible, Broadfield and parts of Bewbush are not nice places to walk at night. The town centre pubs can be interesting in the week as they are full of stewardesses, especially Tuesday nights.

Would also say there are more Chelsea fans living here that Palarse.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here