Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wages and New Players

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
I believe the highest paid member of our squad is on about 4K per week.

I think you'll find little Leon is on nearer £7k a week, paid for by the large pockets of Mr Norman Cook

If he scores 15-20 goals next season and keeps us up, he's worth every penny I say

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Ernest said:
It wouldn't be the large pockets of Dickhead Tight :angry: :angry: :angry:

Very true Ernest, very true.....

I think you, me and Berkshire are the only three people on NSC who think Dick Knight should step aside. Thanks for everything DK, but your time is up unless you can attract new investment into the club (or go cap-in-hand to Norman Cook for another 6 figure sum)

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
I think you, me and Berkshire are the only three people on NSC who think Dick Knight should step aside. Thanks for everything DK, but your time is up unless you can attract new investment into the club (or go cap-in-hand to Norman Cook for another 6 figure sum) [/B]

Step aside for who, exactly?
DK would probably be happy to step down if there was a viable alternative, who had the best interests of BHA at heart & could take the club forward.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I feel insulted as I am usually grouped amongst those wanting DK to step aside. I am either Greg Stanley or Bill Archers mate which ever seems appropriate at the time.

What I would like in an ideal world is JP to say yes to Falmer and DK to say ' I have saved the club, broughht you back to Brighton, got you two championships and a promotion, well forget the relegation, and plans approved for the new ground I have done my bit but can't do any more somebody else takethe club + us on the next step. It is is ridculous to suggest that there is nobody who would do that as soon as an announcement was made he would be inundated with enquiries. Some would prove to be false and money grabbers but out of the bad may come one good man.

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
I think what is ridiculous is to suggest that he would be inundated with enquiries.
Presumably you are only referring to financial investors - the original suggestion is that DK should stand aside as Chairman - or do you think there is a queue of wealthy people that want to be chairman as & when Falmer is approved?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What about a share issue to raise funds?

:smokin:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously there would be a number of enquiries from investors out to make a quick pound and some from people who live in a 'Walter Mitty' world and do not have the money but for any faults that he may have I believe DK would only move aside for somebody who he considered would be in the best interests of both the club and the supporters. All it needs is one sound enquiry and you' do not know the temperature of the water until you dip your finger in it'

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
BensGrandad said:
Obviously there would be a number of enquiries from investors out to make a quick pound and some from people who live in a 'Walter Mitty' world and do not have the money but for any faults that he may have I believe DK would only move aside for somebody who he considered would be in the best interests of both the club and the supporters. All it needs is one sound enquiry and you' do not know the temperature of the water until you dip your finger in it'

Can you honestly see Dick Tight giving up control of the club ? He is a glory hunting megalomaniac and in time he will drag the club under.
There have been too many close scares already and who knows the next one he might not be able to tap up Fat Boy to bail him out.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yes dick is a good honest man,but certainly isn't the man to take us places.You don't get anywhere with a potless chairman its a stone wall fact.
Just because people think he should step aside doesn't mean they dis-like him.Like to see him at the club i.e a fan in the seats:lolol:

You all are noticeing that the club will be getting more into debt and thank god for the zamora money etc as these funds have kept debts down and helped the falmer campagn etc.

Dick is a very very lucky chairman who has got lucky with spending f*** all thanks to managers with know how etc,so in my eyes and very clear to see dick hasn't rearly done that much as also more important than anything while dick gets applauded you lot fork out a bomb on season tickets that keep this club afloat.

You can see that sky high prices isn't enough to keep the club afloat properly and funds are zero yet again.Can you imagine if he decided to increase ticket prices again and promise new players ha ha imagine the loud cry of anger.
I find him slow,skint and a man with no ambition,sorry but i have always thought that about him in a football way and not personal.

Im not gullible like most on here as i see the light:) ??? :clap: :clap:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Dear Berks,

Yes, but who signed the astute managers up?... I think you'll find it was one Dick Knight...

I'll say one thing tho' that kind of echos what you said... if we don't invest in team strengthening this summer, then I will be angry... this will show DK and his staff have learnt nothing from their last foray into the 2nd level of English footie...

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
b.w.2. said:
Dear Berks,

Yes, but who signed the astute managers up?... I think you'll find it was one Dick Knight...

I'll say one thing tho' that kind of echos what you said... if we don't invest in team strengthening this summer, then I will be angry... this will show DK and his staff have learnt nothing from their last foray into the 2nd level of English footie...
Yes i have awnsered this before and i put it down to luck again as at the time adams and taylor where rocky and thankfully built a squad on f-all.

In my eyes the knowledge and dealing with peanuts is adams and boy he done wonders and knight gets all the credit mmm.:drink:

Thankfully for knight it didn't backfire:)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
Yes i have awnsered this before and i put it down to luck again as at the time adams and taylor where rocky and thankfully built a squad on f-all.

In my eyes the knowledge and dealing with peanuts is adams and boy he done wonders and knight gets all the credit mmm.:drink:

Thankfully for knight it didn't backfire:)

Well don't we seem to be having an awful lot of luck.

We were lucky to get Adams, Taylor, Coppell and McMghee

We were lucky to win the 3rd division championship, 2nd division championship and the 2nd division playoffs.

I'd rather have a lucky chairman than someone with loads of money.

It doesn't matter how much money you have. It doesn't buy success.
Just ask Danny Wilson after he spent a million quid on Bristol City's squad.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
In fact, look at the names of those managers, they are some of the better British managers in the game at the moment, they have all managed and achieved with our club, hats off to Dick for pursuading them to come to us. I accept that some might have stayed longer if money had been available or we had a better ground but at least we haven't had to pay vast sums to get rid of any of them because they weren't up to it.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yorkie said:

Compare that to Trevor Benjamin who is on 17K a week at Leicester and then moan about us getting new players.

Jake Robinson is on 17K a year.

I know who I would rather have in the team.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
spidey said:
Take your point about certain players not being good enough for the championship / underperforming, but you have to honor their contracts - if you cancel them, you have to pay them up-front till the contract expires anyway.
There is five weeks to the new season & the club has said there will be new signings. Most of the payers who have moved so far were probably demanding more than we can give them anyway.

Be patient & then comment or criticise when (hopefully) new signings are made.
I seem to remember Mickey adam at leicester in his first season in charge was wheeling and dealing up until first day of season bringing in frees etc .. i believe he even played with Sumerbee in the team who was playing for nothing hoping to win a contract !!. So my point is that things can be done and not all the best players are available in the first week of july !!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ditchy said:
I seem to remember Mickey adam at leicester in his first season in charge was wheeling and dealing up until first day of season bringing in frees etc .. i believe he even played with Sumerbee in the team who was playing for nothing hoping to win a contract !!. So my point is that things can be done and not all the best players are available in the first week of july !!

I would agree with that. There are more players out of work now than has ever been because clubs cannot afford a big squad.

They start off with high expectations that their agents encourage them to ask for,and so the nearer it gets to the start of the season the more they are prepared to lower them.
I think it is a buyers market.

I am pretty certain that Rougier, after turning us down last July, didn't get as much at Brentford when he finally ended up there in August.

Better some income than none at all.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
fatboy said:
Jake Robinson is on 17K a year.

I know who I would rather have in the team.

After all the hype, I've only seen him play 5-10 mins here and there, let's hope he can do the business at this level of football. Looks like we'll need him as a regular first team starter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here