Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wages and New Players

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Ok then Bertie Bigbollocks tell me how many points you think we'll get and for every one you're wrong you give me a tenner :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Stop trying to twist it around.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ernest
And precisely what is wrong with my prediction ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

£100 says you are wrong - put your money where your mouth is Ernest

You were bet £100 and have bottled it big time and now you are exposed :clap2:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Beach Hut said:
Stop trying to twist it around.

quote:
Originally posted by Ernest
And precisely what is wrong with my prediction ?

£100 says you are wrong - put your money where your mouth is Ernest

You were bet £100 and have bottled it big time and now you are exposed :clap2:

Shut up Dale Winton :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Shut up Dale Winton :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Trading insults exposes the "big bottle" even more :clap2: :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Where is your prediction then numb nuts ?

Well Nadia, I think we will end up around 14th in the League, points wise no idea.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ok the 57 points.

Anyway night Nadia off to the pub

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Dear Yorkie - are you saying that we are good enough to survive without team strengthening?... all I am saying is that we must get the cheque book out or we are almost certain to go down... our midfield, especially, is very weak for the Championship... oh, and if you are right about the in/out dates for Sidwell, then he was with us half the season... we have no-one anywhere near his standard at present... wake up and face the reality... we are in big trouble if we don't invest...

I just can't believe DK / MM are going to make EXACTLY the same mistakes we made 2 summers ago... if it happens again, I will be well pi$$ed off... there is still time (just), but we have already missed out on many good players... just look at Triggers list of players bought by other Championship teams... and we're the club that really needs to strengthen!!... :( :( :(

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
PS. I am also willing to bet GBP 100 that we will get more than zero points... even if we don't buy anybody!...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
b.w.2. said:
Dear Yorkie - are you saying that we are good enough to survive without team strengthening?... :( :( :(

No I said we would get some good loans in as well as getting players.

We have Paul Reid now so that is a start. I think he is a real assett to the team as long as he is played in the centre and not on the wing.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Agreed re Reid... although I hope MM is NOT counting him as a NEW player... he said, publicly, that he was after 4 new players and, separately, that they should all be good enough to be in the 1st team...

One central midfielder, one winger, one central defender, and one striker is what he promised...

Let's not take too long to get them in, or we are in serious trouble...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree bw2

What McGhee also said was that he wanted to add players who were better than what we already have.
That involves looking around and taking time and not just grabbing the first ones who seem available.

As I said before somewhere, we need players who are going to fit into the team, because 11 individuals will not achieve anything.
We play as a team at the moment which is why we won the playoffs.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes!... let's not rush this but, on the other hand, let's not miss the boat either... options reducing by the day, and MM should have know his targets some time ago...

There are now just five weeks to go before the big KO... I and many others on here will be VERY worried if we haven't got anybody decent in by, say, the end of next week or, at the latest, the week after that... player's need time to bed-in to the team... and, as you correctly say, the team is important at our club...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yorkie said:
I agree bw2

What McGhee also said was that he wanted to add players who were better than what we already have.
That involves looking around and taking time and not just grabbing the first ones who seem available.

As I said before somewhere, we need players who are going to fit into the team, because 11 individuals will not achieve anything.
We play as a team at the moment which is why we won the playoffs.

I doubt whether we'll invest in any new players until the Falmer outcome is known. Maybe DK is worried about the possibility that he may be throwing money down the drain by investing in the team at this stage?

:nono:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Zebedee said:
I doubt whether we'll invest in any new players until the Falmer outcome is known. Maybe DK is worried about the possibility that he may be throwing money down the drain by investing in the team at this stage?

:nono:

Given that players can be offered 3 month contracts nowadays I doubt very much if that is the case.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
we thought the majority of our remaining players from 2 years ago were good enough for the championship last time around. so because we still have them. i dont think our budget would get any bigger until we can spend a full season in this division and stay up.
if that happens i think our working budget would go up next year. we need a bit of stability before we can move on from here. a falmer yes would also help immensly

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yorkie said:
Given that players can be offered 3 month contracts nowadays I doubt very much if that is the case.

But I can't see many players wanting to join us on a 3 month contract Yorkie.

:rolleyes:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Zebedee said:
But I can't see many players wanting to join us on a 3 month contract Yorkie.

:rolleyes:

think players need some more stability than 3 months. that is surely a last resort for them aswell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here