Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo to go out on loan ??

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Now I dont normally do these sort of threads, but a 100% genuine Scottish football source who works on a national daily newspaper told me yesterday that Celtic are considering loaning out Virgs in the New Year to get first team football.

No specific teams mentioned, but wouldnt it just be what we need to keep us up if he came back for the run-in ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Unfortunately Magoo has a habit of missing anyone decent in the transfer market. Witness his abject failure in signing a centre forward.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Unfortunately Magoo has a habit of missing anyone decent in the transfer market. Witness his abject failure in signing a centre forward.
With all that money he's had it's just amasing he hasn't signed the next Michael Owen isn't it? I'm as frustrated as anyone that we can't seem to score any goals but the facts are that the overwhelming majority of Championship sides pay out serious money for a decent striker. That guy Stoke had on Saturday - I had never heard of him - he cost nearly a million quid. So you need to bare this in mind when slagging McGhee off.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
McGhee has already stated that he has missed out on many players because their clubs do not want them playing in such crap surroundings as Withdean. I'm sure that McGhee is not at fault at all...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Jam The Man said:
McGhee has already stated that he has missed out on many players because their clubs do not want them playing in such crap surroundings as Withdean. I'm sure that McGhee is not at fault at all...
He is going after the wrong players then - People like hayes and Eastwood would bite your hand of for a chance in a higher league even if it is only as a stepping stone Mcghee should be looking at these sort of players instead of the el turis

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
How much did Shipperley go for?
He was the type of centre forward we were crying out for, experienced and could win headers!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Don Tmatter said:
How much did Shipperley go for?
He was the type of centre forward we were crying out for, experienced and could win headers!
Free transfer to a team that can afford his wages, have a stadium and are promotion contenders.

f***ing useless McGhee :angry:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
You lot are f*cking relentless. It's tiring me out reading the same inane drivel, so what it must be doing to you to be thinking it, god only knows....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull73 said:
You lot are f*cking relentless. It's tiring me out reading the same inane drivel, so what it must be doing to you to be thinking it, god only knows....

Same as the relentless crap that comes from mcghees followers - he has had no money
he has been unlucky with results
he is doing the best with the players he has

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Finchley Seagull said:
Sorry if you do not like it why not go and support Tottenham? It is hard to believe that you believe the drivel that you write!

A person who has run out of answers then - spurs insults always come out when that happens

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
KinkyGoebels said:
Same as the relentless crap that comes from mcghees followers - he has had no money

What makes you think we have limitless loyalty towards McGhee? We are BRIGHTON fans, and want the team to do well. The fact is, most of us understand the difficulty facing the side and the manager at the moment, and yes I genuinely do think he is doing the best with the players he has. What makes you think that YET ANOTHER change of manager is going to do anything other than de-stablise the club, just when it has been crying out for stability at that level?

And yes, it is fact that he has had very little money in comparison to MOST Championship sides, hence the reason why we find ourselves near the bottom.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
KinkyGoebels said:

Here is an answer. Which part of this is not true.

The only money McGhee has spent is on Kazim-Richards (100k?) and Turienzo (?). Stoke's striker Bangoura who scored twice is unheard of and he cost almost £1 million.

Results have been slightly unlucky and refereeing decisions often do not go for us e.g. no penalty all season. That is not an excuse because the team is maybe not good enough or the squad large enough. McGhee is doing the best with the players he has. So where is the debate???

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull73 said:
What makes you think we have limitless loyalty towards McGhee? We are BRIGHTON fans, and want the team to do well. The fact is, most of us understand the difficulty facing the side and the manager at the moment, and yes I genuinely do think he is doing the best with the players he has. What makes you think that YET ANOTHER change of manager is going to do anything other than de-stablise the club, just when it has been crying out for stability at that level?

And yes, it is fact that he has had very little money in comparison to MOST Championship sides, hence the reason why we find ourselves near the bottom.

He took the job knowing he had little funds and would have to use sense when using it, instead is has spunked a large amount of money on fees and wages on players that dont play.

playing gary hart at right back getting the best out of him?

Maybe brighton fans just enjoy second best.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
KinkyGoebels said:
He took the job knowing he had little funds and would have to use sense when using it, instead is has spunked a large amount of money on fees and wages on players that dont play.

playing gary hart at right back getting the best out of him?

Maybe brighton fans just enjoy second best.

And have you heard McGhee moaning about the fact he has had no money? NO is the answer in case you didn't know.

And what large amount of money? And don't start quoting CKR and El Turi, that's been done to death. That's NOT a large amount of money, not at this level.

And I tell you what, next time a decent player we've heard of becomes available, and even one that we can possibly afford, why don't you suggest to DK that you try and talk to them into coming to Brighton to play at Withdean, when there are one or two other Championship sides in for them? We'll then see how much further than DK or MM you get.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull73 said:
And have you heard McGhee moaning about the fact he has had no money? NO is the answer in case you didn't know.

And what large amount of money? And don't start quoting CKR and El Turi, that's been done to death. That's NOT a large amount of money, not at this level.

And I tell you what, next time a decent player we've heard of becomes available, and even one that we can possibly afford, why don't you suggest to DK that you try and talk to them into coming to Brighton to play at Withdean, when there are one or two other Championship sides in for them? We'll then see how much further than DK or MM you get.

He is always moaning about the lack of funds!
Im sure the likes of hayes would have LOVED the chance of playing at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here