Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo to go out on loan ??

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
KinkyGoebels said:
He is always moaning about the lack of funds!
Im sure the likes of hayes would have LOVED the chance of playing at this level.

maybe he would but then again you'd have thought Tyson and Trundle would bite you're arm off to play at this level but BOTH turned down Sheffield Weds who HAVE a great stadium and funds

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagullible said:
maybe he would but then again you'd have thought Tyson and Trundle would bite you're arm off to play at this level but BOTH turned down Sheffield Weds who HAVE a great stadium and funds

Tyson is waiting for a bigger club, plus the chances are he and wed could both be in the same league next year and Trundle will be in this league next year anyway, plus he is a local hero.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Eggman said:
God, you know EVERYTHING don't you

My word you really are a tosser - just because i have an answer doesnt mean i think i know everything, would you rather an answer or a smiley?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
KinkyGoebels said:
Tyson is waiting for a bigger club, plus the chances are he and wed could both be in the same league next year and Trundle will be in this league next year anyway, plus he is a local hero.
you've proved my point - Hayes etc may be waiting for a bigger club. Until we have Falmer built and are pushing for the play-offs to go to the premiership, we may not be that attractive an opportunity

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I agree with KINKY, why we didn't sign Owen, a proven scorer when he was available i don't know. We should also sack Magoo and get Wenger or Mourinho who have proven they can win things.

Oh and while we are about it was is all this 20,000 capacity crap. Let's build a 100,000 seater :shootself

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Eastwood's done the right thing. He's banging in the goals for a team at the top of League 1 and all the time his stock is rising as he learns his trade.

Why should Eastwood join us or a club like Wednesday right now? Bobby Zamora stuck with us in League 1 when he was an England Under-21 player and he's now in the Premiership.

I think the likes of Tyson, Trundle and Eastwood have all made the right decision.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
KinkyGoebels said:
He took the job knowing he had little funds and would have to use sense when using it, instead is has spunked a large amount of money on fees and wages on players that dont play.

playing gary hart at right back getting the best out of him?

Maybe brighton fans just enjoy second best.

You must be seriously naive to think that 'Brighton fans' enjoy second best.....the majority do however understand the limits to which we can operate. The manager has done exceptionally well to keep us in the division and bearing in mind the facilities and the budget, NOBODY can deny that. I would love to know who you think could do better (or who would want to come to us at the moment). Do you not think that MM has done wonders in bringing the youth through? Selling them on, so we can actually keep afloat and have a club?

...and Gary Hart at utilised at right back, is better than GH in the reserves rotting away whilst we pay wages. Get a grip

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
Same as the relentless crap that comes from mcghees followers - he has had no money
he has been unlucky with results
he is doing the best with the players he has

So it's agreed then, EVERYONE on here talks crap. Cool, I'll go and read a book instead then :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
He is going after the wrong players then - People like hayes and Eastwood would bite your hand of for a chance in a higher league even if it is only as a stepping stone Mcghee should be looking at these sort of players instead of the el turis

Check out the official Southend site for July. You can do a search.
Several Championship clubs made bids for Eastwood (including us - remember the dinner Kinks? DK asked me what I had thought when I watched the LDV final)
Eastwood signed again for Southend because he didn't want to leave home.
FACT.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
Check out the official Southend site for July. You can do a search.
Several Championship clubs made bids for Eastwood (including us - remember the dinner Kinks? DK asked me what I had thought when I watched the LDV final)
Eastwood signed again for Southend because he didn't want to leave home.
FACT.

Hayes?

E

enigma

Why are you getting hype over this Hayes guy? He's hardly a goal machine.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think we all agree a poacher is needed and he is - he scored 20 goals in league 2 last year which is an ok amount but more importantly he was on a free.

Last edited:

E

enigma

KinkyGoebels said:
I think we all agree a poacher is needed and he is - he scored 20 goals in league 2 last year which is an ok amount but more importantly he was on a free.

OK, well while I'm not sure how good he is, the fact that he was on a free means he would have been worth a look. Maybe he didn't offer what MM was looking for, for example the physical presence of Turi.

E

enigma

By the way Kinky you're chatting shit. He went for a tribunal fee:eek:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
enigma said:
OK, well while I'm not sure how good he is, the fact that he was on a free means he would have been worth a look. Maybe he didn't offer what MM was looking for, for example the physical presence of Turi.

But from all accounts El turi is more of a Sheringham type stiker who drops off deep - which with ckr and Leon you already have two at the club.

KinkyGoebels said:
He is going after the wrong players then - People like hayes and Eastwood would bite your hand of for a chance in a higher league even if it is only as a stepping stone Mcghee should be looking at these sort of players instead of the el turis

Eastwood was tried Kinky, keep up :)

Hayes, 5 goals in 20 appearances in League 1/LDV this season, an arguable choice of saviour to spunk money on. Seen him play much?

If you gave our current guys an uninterrupted run of 20 games at that level, I'd be very surprised if they didn't reach 5 goals too :drink:

E

enigma

KinkyGoebels said:
But from all accounts El turi is more of a Sheringham type stiker who drops off deep - which with ckr and Leon you already have two at the club.

Could well be- in which case MM may have made a mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here