Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo says farewell

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm a bit choked if this is true. Brighton through and through and a nice lad as well.

Good luck mate:clap:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
no mate i cant spell or type and there are often reasons for that and do you have a problem with that? In this little forum i rarely can be bothered to work at it but that does not alter what is said, so answer the question if you can of course - like

You look stupid enough already so I won't.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
So what if it was smelly or bad business? It was great business for us.
Were you old enough to watch the albion back then? as Virgo was nowhere near as bad as you are trying to make out.

mate Im old enough to remember Ward, Case and Lawrenson.. so what if its smelly? Crickey dont say that if you have a professional ethics course at work! He could not get in the albion back four at the time and was slung up front and he did well to score a few goals, that does not get tou a transfer to the likes of Celtic or Rangers - and if it does, then questions have to be asked.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I don't get you people why ridicule the Brighton born captain of Brighton and Hove Albion?

In August 2008 he was the hero again. Knowing how proud he was/is to be Albion captain and being a Brightonian myself, I'll be very sad to see him go.

Eh? So proud of his home town club he supported Celtic, about as far away as you can get!! I too am sorry it's not worked out for Adam, but he's not exactly Mayo or Hart when it come to bleeding blue and white is he? Lets not get too sentimental.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Off to Millwall or Norwich....apparently.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I heard that the Chairman had gone to Stracs house. Desperate for a shit he went to the loo but just as he was about to let rip he got sexually excited. The resulting bona prevented him from positioning himself correctly and, in the excitement, he then started to piss himself. This led to a shit and piss explosion resulting in the Chairman having to finish himself off in the shower. The Strachans were not amused.
This was the Chairmans way of saying sorry.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Well said.

He is a Brighton boy and we should applaud any local that makes the our club £1.5 million.

TB

You're spot on there sir. I wish him all the best, especially as a fellow ex-Ardingly boy. I will always be grateful to him for making that day at Cardiff possible, and helping us to finish in our highest position for 14 years.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Wont be sorry to see Virgo leave he's done very little since he came back.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Eh? So proud of his home town club he supported Celtic, about as far away as you can get!! I too am sorry it's not worked out for Adam, but he's not exactly Mayo or Hart when it come to bleeding blue and white is he? Lets not get too sentimental.

mate all this bleeding blue and white stuff is nnsense. You and me do that, they do it for cash. Hart and Mayo never had an offer to go to celtic for big money and if they had then they would of gone. There is nothing wrong with that, and nobody could blame them if they did. The fact that Vrgo ever got to wear the shirt of Celtic is almost as funny as Geoff Cooper playing for the Albion in the 80's

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
mate Im old enough to remember Ward, Case and Lawrenson.. so what if its smelly? Crickey dont say that if you have a professional ethics course at work! He could not get in the albion back four at the time and was slung up front and he did well to score a few goals, that does not get tou a transfer to the likes of Celtic or Rangers - and if it does, then questions have to be asked.

He was slung upfront because Mcghee wanted a target man, something we didn't have & if you remember spent ages trying to find. In fact I'd suggest that during that season Virgo was one of the 1st names on the teamsheet every week - be it as a defender or a striker, he was very highly regarded back then....& by people with a lot more football savvy than you or I.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
In which case, given the time of year, maybe it was a Xmas pressie to the fans who'd made the trip - and nothing more sinister?

It is the season of goodwill ..Liam Dickinson gave his shirt to a young lad near us in the North Stand after the Orient game

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
He was slung upfront because Mcghee wanted a target man, something we didn't have & if you remember spent ages trying to find. In fact I'd suggest that during that season Virgo was one of the 1st names on the teamsheet every week - be it as a defender or a striker, he was very highly regarded back then....& by people with a lot more football savvy than you or I.

you dot sacrifice your best centre back to be the target man you are lacking. he was not Brighton's best centre back and he got sold to Celtic as a defender. ou doont leave brighton for celtic unless you are by far our best player in an established position - he was not that and it was either bloody stupid or it smells

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Because he left for more money and thought he was a better player than he really is, he was out of his depth going there and he knew it, but still went ahead with the transfer because of his wages. It went pair shaped and thought, I know, I'll go back to Brighton and everything will be hunky dory and it’ll kick start my career.
No Adam, you’ll be road sweeping!

Just out of interest, when you look in the mirror do you see your best friend whom I understand is called Dumber?

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Did they say on Radio Sussex that OGH threw his shirt into the crowd as well?

They may well have have said it but I didn't see it happen. He took his shirt off & it looked like he was going to throw it into the crowd (but he needed to be a lot closer) then he put it over his shoulder, applauded and ran off the pitch. It was after this that AV came across, waved and contributed his shirt to the crowd.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
his journey back south to us was very uneventfull, if my memory serves coventry mainly sub and colchester rarely got a look in. i agree that he should be applauded for everything he did for the albion but surely we must agree that it is time to say goodbye, that is football , that is life, he will not be the only one that goes.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
you dot sacrifice your best centre back to be the target man you are lacking. he was not Brighton's best centre back and he got sold to Celtic as a defender. ou doont leave brighton for celtic unless you are by far our best player in an established position - he was not that and it was either bloody stupid or it smells

Centre backs have been used as target men since tI can remember, we used to stick paul McCarthy up front at times. You may be right he wasn't our best centre back, (which invalidates your point about using your best centre back as a target man) & neither was he our best striker BUT he was our best utility player,which is probably why Celtic bought him.( though at a vastly inflated fee ,i agree) Dont forget Virgo had been talked up into a world beater by McGhee over the previous 9 months.

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
He looked upset to be leaving and keen to say goodbye and show his appreciation of the fans.
Goodbye Adam, thanks and goodluck for the future!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here