Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo says farewell

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I will be upset to see him go, I do not think Poyet gave him a go at all. Great player for us and its a shame to see him a victim of fourtune if this is true. Also he is on a good wage, another sign we must have money to burn if he is loaned out for less.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
No. He left us for money.

What's wrong with that? Any footballer with half a brain would do that. It's their livelihood. Would it be so wrong to change companies for a much higher salary in any other type of job? He'd have been mad not to go to Celtic.

Good luck to hime wherever he goes.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
He's one of the notable players for the Albion during the last decade. I will be sorry to see him go but thank him for everything he did for us.
100% right.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not a Virgo fan but if he is going, don't hold out much hope for Hawkins then!!!!

As I see it, Virgo still plays like he is a novice, diving headlong into tackles and not being in control.

Still, apart from the last 18 months, he will remain an Albion legend for his previous exploits (and the fact his fee probably kept us going).

Nov 7, 2009
Did we refuse the 1.5 million transfer fee, he kept the club afloat.

No. You see, at the time when had a good squad and could make progress in the league we seemed to sell our better players, if we had stopped this cancer then we’d be fighting in the championship, Sell out crowds, more revenue, more money to pay off debts instead of selling players and now lower crowds and not reaching the play-offs etc.

If we hadn’t sold them then we wouldn’t been any worse off. That’s my opinion, I’m not an accounted so can’t give you the full facts on why. And why turn down 1.5 million for someone who had a couple of one off games.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Virgo is slow, has no skill at all, and when he left for celtic he was thrown up front as a target man as he was the defender not good enough to be in the back four. The fact that gordon s spent £1.5 Million on him does not change any of that and means one of two things. Gordon S knows f all about football or the city of london police should make a few enquiries - or both

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Virgo is slow, has no skill at all, and when he left for celtic he was thrown up front as a target man as he was the defender not good enough to be in the back four. The fact that gordon s spent £1.5 Million on him does not change any of that and means one of two things. Gordon S knows f all about football or the city of london police should make a few enquiries - or both

:wozza:

And there is a compelling argument for not giving some people the vote.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

I suspect Strachan knows a bit more than you about football. Either that or hhe did us a huge favour at the time.
Why can't you just wish him well? You don't have to be an ungracious tosser about it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have to say the £1.5 Million transfer seemed very strange in valuation and have always suspected several people profited from it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have to say the £1.5 Million transfer seemed very strange in valuation and have always suspected several people profited from it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here