Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo says farewell

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
He is one of my all time favourite players, through a friend my mum got his autograph as a get well soon present when I had my tonsils out and then again for my 21st birthday. Not usually a huge autograph sort of person but she knew how much I loved him. I was so happy when he came back, pretty gutted it hasn't worked out.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
No. You see, at the time when had a good squad and could make progress in the league we seemed to sell our better players, if we had stopped this cancer then we’d be fighting in the championship, Sell out crowds, more revenue, more money to pay off debts instead of selling players and now lower crowds and not reaching the play-offs etc.

If we hadn’t sold them then we wouldn’t been any worse off. That’s my opinion, I’m not an accounted so can’t give you the full facts on why. And why turn down 1.5 million for someone who had a couple of one off games.

your not too bright are you?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
No. You see, at the time when had a good squad and could make progress in the league we seemed to sell our better players, if we had stopped this cancer then we’d be fighting in the championship, Sell out crowds, more revenue, more money to pay off debts instead of selling players and now lower crowds and not reaching the play-offs etc.

If we hadn’t sold them then we wouldn’t been any worse off. That’s my opinion, I’m not an accounted so can’t give you the full facts on why. And why turn down 1.5 million for someone who had a couple of one off games.

Why criticise Virgo himself, though?

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
A very dodge transfer, certainly suspect, but whether it was bent we will never know. What we do know is that he could not get in the brighton back four at the time ogf leving and was a Mgee "target man". GS at Celtic is apparently a mate of MM and if I was in the coity of london police I would look into it as it. What can be poven who knows, and of course GS & Celtic might have just had an off day when searching for talent, but football is a murky old world, just ask George Graham and the city of london police

Nov 7, 2009
Why criticise Virgo himself, though?

Because he left for more money and thought he was a better player than he really is, he was out of his depth going there and he knew it, but still went ahead with the transfer because of his wages. It went pair shaped and thought, I know, I'll go back to Brighton and everything will be hunky dory and it’ll kick start my career.
No Adam, you’ll be road sweeping!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Because he left for more money and thought he was a better player than he really is, he was out of his depth going there and he knew it, but still went ahead with the transfer because of his wages. It went pair shaped and thought, I know, I'll go back to Brighton and everything will be hunky dory and it’ll kick start my career.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Classic!

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008

You cant blame Virgo for either being crap or taking stupid money hen offered to him. He plays to his very limited ability and if someone offered me a pay rise to go to a vastly bigger company then I would take it. The questions should be asked of GS and others.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Keep talking, you're giving us all a good laugh.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Yes we would be worse off - £1.5m to be exact ! Seems you've misunderstood that the club decided to sell him NOT him demanding a transfer. If you really want an Albion player sweeping the streets then you're a utter cock !!!:wanker:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
:wozza:

And there is a compelling argument for not giving some people the vote.

And a compelling reason for limiting internet access.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Yes we would be worse off - £1.5m to be exact ! Seems you've misunderstood that the club decided to sell him NOT him demanding a transfer. If you really want an Albion player sweeping the streets then you're a utter cock !!!:wanker:

mate, I dont agree with him except for the cleaning the strees bitt. After the garbage they have served up in 2009 then I want them all sweeping the streets for an hour after training every day. At least then the players might have done something decent in 2009 !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Its PEAR SHAPED. But apart from that well done, complete bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here