Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincelots red card

imbrightontillidie

Jan 12, 2011
Although I hate to say it it was a red card. As he ran past him he's punched the burnley player on the arm area. However I don't know wether the 4th official I allowed to get the player sent off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Although I hate to say it it was a red card. As he ran past him he's punched the burnley player on the arm area. However I don't know wether the 4th official I allowed to get the player sent off.

The 4th official is allowed to report anything to the ref which he feels is necessary.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yep,agree,but the burnley bench went stright over and started moaning.
so early in the game,thought a yellow was justified,but saying that burnley didnt help.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I saw a tangle of arms between that Marvin Bartley and Vincelot, nothing violent, no punches thrown either but if Vincelot gets a red then so should've their player.

Mar 10, 2006
Did the fourth official see it or was it brought to his attention by the burnley bench. He in turn spoke to the lino who then told the ref. If that was the chain of events then that is bloody wrong you can't ref a game on the say so of one of the benches

Cornerpost

Aug 27, 2011
Hove
They`re professionals. They get professionals wages, drive flash cars and get all the lifestyle benefits associated with their profession at a given level. Is it too much to ask that they don`t get involved in childish little scraps which end up with the team/ club/ supporters suffering the disappointment of another 3 points dropped. We would have mullered Burnley with 11 men on the pitch. Lads, it aint rocket surgery. Stay on the pitch = win more games = better chance of promotion = sell the Audi R8`s and buy a Ferrari.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wish there was some video footage of this.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I liked the half time comment, I'm not sure which of the two legends said it, possibly horton but it was something like "I didn't see the first incident, but obviously the ref got it wrong".

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I liked the half time comment, I'm not sure which of the two legends said it, possibly horton but it was something like "I didn't see the first incident, but obviously the ref got it wrong".

I thought Horton said they both looked harsh

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
talking of injustice - seeing Chris Ramsay is a stark reminder of that awful challenge by whiteside that resulted in CR not able to get in front of stapleton who had an easy unmarked (stupid top of his head) header to get them back into that game.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
only one person to blame - Vincelot. A clear punch that gave the 4th official, lino and ultimately the referee no alternative but to send him off. Let's face it at that stage of the match the ref has no intention of sending someone off but if something is brought to his attention (whatever the stage of the match) he has to take note.......otherwise the assessors mark him down and he gets suspended.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
It was silly and if you're going to get sent off for punching you might as well do it properly. It was more of a pinch punch first day of the month than GBH.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I didn't see it but a mate sitting in WSU did & said Vincelot definitely threw a punch.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
only one person to blame - Vincelot. A clear punch that gave the 4th official, lino and ultimately the referee no alternative but to send him off. Let's face it at that stage of the match the ref has no intention of sending someone off but if something is brought to his attention (whatever the stage of the match) he has to take note.......otherwise the assessors mark him down and he gets suspended.

Not True - although not blameless for the retailiation, he got a viscious elbow to the face from the Burnley player - something that suprisingly the Burnleyh bench failed to highlight to the fourth official.

Is there any footage of this?

Yes, but not the "official" broadcast footage. However, no point in appealing as Vincelot did commit the offence .... but it is a shame that the provocation has not been universally understood ... in MY opinion both players should have gone

Jameson

He definitely punched him; into the ribs or kidney area I would say. Clearly visible from WSL, right behind the away dugout. Senseless.

And also, if it had been the other way round, Gus would have done the same as Howe.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Deserved what he got BUT the Burnley player had been swinging his arms at Vincelot as well. Whatever the punishment it should have been the same for both - cannot believe their player did not even get yellow (and then got away with a shocking late tackle on Tanno)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here