Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa Train travel

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
my prices are return yes, need to factor in a few quid each to get to Aston as well... Just need to make sure you only get Southern or London Midland trains

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Just bought my tickets.

£6 polegate Clapham return 06:45
£32.80 Clapham- Witton 11:45 (via Kensington Olympia)

£38.80 each.

willie irvine

Feb 3, 2009
Bought train tickets in One Stop at the Old Steine yesterday.

Loads of people after tickets to Birmingham.

Couldnt believe the price we got.

4 people must travel together.

Southern Daysave to Milton Keyne via Clapham Junction.

Milton Keynes to Birmingham.

Longer route and more stops with London Midland.

Also have to change at Northampton on way back.

But total cost only £66 for all 4 of us.

Quality.

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
Bought train tickets in One Stop at the Old Steine yesterday.

Loads of people after tickets to Birmingham.

Couldnt believe the price we got.

4 people must travel together.

Southern Daysave to Milton Keyne via Clapham Junction.

Milton Keynes to Birmingham.

Longer route and more stops with London Midland.

Also have to change at Northampton on way back.

But total cost only £66 for all 4 of us.

Quality.

Looks like youve got this sorted but I think the last Southern train from Milton Keynes is around 7.15.

Im getting the 5.14 from Aston and connecting to the 5.33 London Midland to Milton Keynes which leaves a 7 minute connection for the Southern to Clapham Junction via Kensington. Anyway if your all sorted with this not to worry. Safe journey.

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
Anyone who hasnt sorted their tickets im on a network card return to Milton Keynes (any route option to save tight schedules) and a day return from MK to Birmingham. As a single traveller Ill be paying £30. I was a bit concerned that the last southern train to leave Milton Keynes is just gone 7 and the connection is tight.

Feel free to correct me anyone as I am still open to consider all cheaper options!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Anyone who hasnt sorted their tickets im on a network card return to Milton Keynes (any route option to save tight schedules) and a day return from MK to Birmingham. As a single traveller Ill be paying £30. I was a bit concerned that the last southern train to leave Milton Keynes is just gone 7 and the connection is tight.

Feel free to correct me anyone as I am still open to consider all cheaper options!!!
You've got to get back to New Street to get a train to MK that leaves just after 7pm?:ohmy:

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
You've got to get back to New Street to get a train to MK that leaves just after 7pm?:ohmy:

well yeah, this is the reason why ive not got a southern daysaver because
if I get the 5.14 from Aston I can connect at BNS and get to MK with 7 minutes to spare but its too tight. So I got a straight forward day return to MK via the discounted Southern option. If i miss the connection I can just go via London.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Looks like youve got this sorted but I think the last Southern train from Milton Keynes is around 7.15.

Im getting the 5.14 from Aston and connecting to the 5.33 London Midland to Milton Keynes which leaves a 7 minute connection for the Southern to Clapham Junction via Kensington. Anyway if your all sorted with this not to worry. Safe journey.

Thats why I didn`t go for the Southern daysave to MK. Getting back there for 7.15 is nigh on impossible, bearing in mind the crowds at Witton and Aston.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
8.43 (ish) from Euston - £6 single

willie irvine

Feb 3, 2009

The return ticket goes via Northampton and Watford Junction so no worries with
coming back via Milton Keynes.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Every single fcuking time I go on the fcuking train system the journey is shite.
Against my better judgement we are going by train tomorrow, and took NSCs advice to go via Willesden to Watford Junction.

Yesterday the service along this line was suspended because of electrical failure.
The suspension continues today.
With my record there is next to fcuking no chance it will be fixed tomorrow and we will be on the replacement bus service from Wealdstone to Watford.

Sorry if you are going that way. It must be me. I must be a jinx because I'm told the trains are not always shit, just when I use them.

Bollocks.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oh clever people of NSC a little help.
I know that my London overground season ticket gets me access on the underground from London Bridge to Kings Cross at weekends but my question is can I stay on the Northern line to Euston or will I need to get off at Kings Cross tap the oyster and get back on the tube for the 2 minute trip to Euston or can I just stay on and they will let me use overground season ticket at Euston?
Your help is much appreciated...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
from national rail enquiries website:
Service Suspended between Willesden and Watford Junction
Start date 21/01/2010 .
End date Not available . :shrug:
Route affected Download map of route affected - Watford Junction, Bushey, Harrow & Wealdstone, Wembley Central, Willesden Junction, Kensal Green, South Hampstead & London Euston
.TOC affected London Overground .
Description Because of an electrical supply problem in the Harrow & Wealdstone area there are no London Overground trains running between Watford Junction and Willesden Junction. Journeys may be delayed by up to 40 minutes.

A half hourly bus service is running between Watford Junction and Harrow & Wealdstone.

Passengers are being accepted on London Underground.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
from national rail enquiries website:
Service Suspended between Willesden and Watford Junction
Start date 21/01/2010 .
End date Not available . :shrug:
Route affected Download map of route affected - Watford Junction, Bushey, Harrow & Wealdstone, Wembley Central, Willesden Junction, Kensal Green, South Hampstead & London Euston
.TOC affected London Overground .
Description Because of an electrical supply problem in the Harrow & Wealdstone area there are no London Overground trains running between Watford Junction and Willesden Junction. Journeys may be delayed by up to 40 minutes.

A half hourly bus service is running between Watford Junction and Harrow & Wealdstone.

Passengers are being accepted on London Underground.

If you look up a jouney from East Croydon to Watford Junction for this afternoon it reports this disruption for the London Overground services but not the Southern services (which we want).

And on the Southern website it says "There are no reported incidents on Southern lines".

So we could be ok. Maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here