Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa Train travel

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
They do run trains to MK

Milton Keynes is not part of the Southern Railways network. I think this assumed because Milton Keynes is within the Network Card region. They are two different things. You would not be able to get to Milton Keynes on a southern only ticket although you can buy a cheap day return on a network card.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Milton Keynes is not part of the Southern Railways network. I think this assumed because Milton Keynes is within the Network Card region. They are two different things. You would not be able to get to Milton Keynes on a southern only ticket although you can buy a cheap day return on a network card.

Can you tell my bosses then as some of our trains have been stolen, Southern operate a East Croydon to Milton Keynes service via Kensington using London Midland stock.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Funny that, because thats what 1000 of us did when we went to Milton Keynes in April.

Southern ONLY ticket, 4 people for £20.

Now to me, that would suggest that Southern trains go to Milton Keynes. Am I not right?

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
So many places to visit with Southern
The South of England has so many great places to visit and getting there couldn’t be easier with Southern. Our network includes some of the most exciting and historic destinations in the South.

From the cosmopolitan centre of London to the beautiful and historic seaside towns of Brighton, Chichester, Eastbourne and Lewes, you’ll get there quickly on our network.

On the other hand, you might be interested in visiting one of our fabulous shopping destinations such as Milton Keynes, Portsmouth and Westfield.

And don’t forget, Southern trains will take you straight into heart of the capital, at London Victoria station. With superb bus and tube connections, getting around the city couldn’t be easier.

If you need to travel by plane, our Southern services to Gatwick, the UK’s second largest airport, provide easy access from the South Coast, Brighton and South London.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Those of you going by train would be wise to change at clapham junction and go to watford. you can pick up the inter city from there. the cost on this route is 41.90 and not the 60 quid you would pay via euston. the journey is about the same time in total (or at least very little difference).
the cheap tickets are gone as a lot of people had the same advanced fare ideology.:bla:

It may well be cheaper but the train will be wedged at Watford Junction! You'll be lucky to get a space to stand in!

WednesburyBaggie

Jan 17, 2010
It's amazing how many are making the trip to Villa .

This is a tip for those people travelling from New St to Villa Park .Only two trains an hour run from New St to Witton on the Walsall line . However , if you take the Cross City line ,trains run every ten minutes .This service is more frequent but you have to get off at Aston ( ten minutes walk to the stadium ) instead of the following station Witton ( five minutes walk to the stadium ) . This information might be more useful for supporters that have to get back to New St sharpish for connecting trains after the game .Aston station is before Witton so your tickets will be valid .

These are the wonderful views you will be getting on the short train ride from New St to Aston .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfCavORQ4ps&translated=1

Enjoy your day out in the city .

Up the Albions !:thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
These are the wonderful views you will be getting on the short train ride from New St to Aston .QUOTE]

Truly Beautiful. Enough to make me want to leave the seaside and move to Brum immediately.

Thanks mate. Up the Albions indeed :thumbsup:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I bought 2 adult tickets via virgin trains from euston a couple of weeks ago. I then went and bought my 5 year old son a match ticket when they went on sale.

I've since bought him a train ticket but realised it's via london midland only. I think child fares start from age 5. Does anyone know how strict they are on things like this and whether he'll be able to get away travelling with us?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We're doing that route, about £25 each, result! Bit of a long trip, but few cans shall sort us out!

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
trainline website is mental, it's just quoted me £25 return b'ton to vic, and then £50 b'ton to euston with a travelcard!!!!!!!! Does anyone know if the prices quoted on trainline are also available in the booking office at b'ton station? Ta Muchly.............and while i'm at it, has anyone got 2 spare train tkts for sat and 2 match tkts? Going for the day out/shant anyway, but would be nice to have tkts before we travel........

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
trainline website is mental, it's just quoted me £25 return b'ton to vic, and then £50 b'ton to euston with a travelcard!!!!!!!! Does anyone know if the prices quoted on trainline are also available in the booking office at b'ton station? Ta Muchly.............and while i'm at it, has anyone got 2 spare train tkts for sat and 2 match tkts? Going for the day out/shant anyway, but would be nice to have tkts before we travel........

It will be that price or possibly more expensive, the Virgin trains are totally rinsed now. Cheaper routes above

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3308488 said:
So boys, what is now the official cheapest route, explained in laymans terms?

I just been quoted £179 return for 3 of us!!

£20 for 3 of you [or upto 4] to get on SOUTHERN TRAINS, from any Southern station, to Watford Junction, then £48 for 3 of you to get from Watford Junction to Birmingham New Street valid ONLY on London Midland trains.

You can get a 9.20[ish] from Hove [changing at Clapham], gets to Watford for 11.20, then 11.37 london midland train gets to Birmingham for 13.30 ish!

Coming back you won't be able to hang around, and is a bit slow, but its cheap and loads of drinking time

D

Deleted User X18H

¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3308488 said:
So boys, what is now the official cheapest route, explained in laymans terms?

I just been quoted £179 return for 3 of us!!
It's like when you have sex Danny you have to break it up into stages.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£20 for 3 of you [or upto 4] to get on SOUTHERN TRAINS, from any Southern station, to Watford Junction, then £48 for 3 of you to get from Watford Junction to Birmingham New Street valid ONLY on London Midland trains.

You can get a 9.20[ish] from Hove [changing at Clapham], gets to Watford for 11.20, then 11.37 london midland train gets to Birmingham for 13.30 ish!

Coming back you won't be able to hang around, and is a bit slow, but its cheap and loads of drinking time

Actually you won't be able to get DaySave [£20 southern jobby] now as it has to be purchased at least 7 days before travel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here