Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa fan here in peace!

avfc_loyal

Jan 21, 2010
Kingstanding, Birmingham
Hi guys, hope you enjoy your day at VP on Saturday. Heard you have sold 6,500? That's brilliant, can't really think of any links between our 2 clubs apart from Gareth Barry. Anyway, if you have never visited B6 before and want any help or advice on pubs, things to do before/after the game or hotels then I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Hope you have a fantastic day apart from the result!

Luke

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
You forgot Michael Standing!:jester:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Charity Shield 1910. 1-0

Up the Albion.

P.S Good win last night. One of the few Prem clubs I like. But our boys are gonna give you one hell of a beating on Saturday!!:falmer:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dennis mortimer

One ofthe finest midfielders we ever had

avfc_loyal

Jan 21, 2010
Kingstanding, Birmingham
Cheers Luke :thumbsup:

Any idea how many home fans will be there?

Not quite sure, probably be lucky to reach 20,000, combination of things like saving money to go to other games (Wembley) and even though ticket prices are quite cheap there is a lot of unemployment currently in the West Midlands so attendances for all WM clubs have been down the past 2 seasons. Atmosphere in the home areas will be next to nothing compared to last nights if any of you watched it.

And how could I forget Standing and John Gregory? :laugh:

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
I think LEGEND Steve Foster signed for Villa from Brighton.

There are a few brilliant nostalgic threads around - did any one else use "Stevie" as slang for The Gloucester? Just me then!

avfc_loyal

Jan 21, 2010
Kingstanding, Birmingham
Btw pubs for away fans are the "Cap n Gown" (which is split 50-50 with Villa fans) and Ruskin Hall, I would not advise using any of the other pubs within a mile or so of the ground as they are not exactly away-fan friendly and are quite partizan.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I've a question; how much does a beer cost in the doug ellis stand? We're not going to a pub pre-game, just straight to the ground. Is it going to be 45mins queues to get a drink or do they do things properly e.g. charge in round numbers and in plastic pint bottles? Reading do, about the only thing I like about that club!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Btw pubs for away fans are the "Cap n Gown" (which is split 50-50 with Villa fans) and Ruskin Hall, I would not advise using any of the other pubs within a mile or so of the ground as they are not exactly away-fan friendly and are quite partizan.

Just read your post on the other thread...oh dear. :facepalm:

D

Deleted member 2719

Colin Gibson went to my school in Sussex.

How tenuous is that link?

:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here