Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from a Boro fan

Jan 30, 2008
Fair enough.

I think I've grown out of the tribal, intimidatory sort of stuff that goes hand in glove with football now. I like taking my kids to safe football grounds, my fighting days are over and I'm quite happy to welcome opposition fans. Life is too short.
got nothing to do with fighting, makes us look tin pot, WHY DON'T PEOPLE JUST IGNORE IT

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I think you've been the most impressive and most organised side we've had all season. Difficult to break down, fast and pacy up front and Robson ran the show in your midfield. But you didn't deserve to win it, a draw was the fair a result and it shows how far we've come.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Its a long way to Middlesbrough. Better for a play-off final. But I have not seen the

1050_09_1---The-Transporter-Bridge--Middlesbrough_web.jpg

That's giving me flash backs... I did a bungee jump off it a couple of months ago.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
got nothing to do with fighting, makes us look tin pot, WHY DON'T PEOPLE JUST IGNORE IT
A lot of the Boro fans were taken aback with the friendliness of our club, I think that's something to be proud of.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
Thought we (Boro) played well. Maybe should have won.

Great turn out from us but the atmosphere was strangely flat - think everyone was either p*ssed from the journey or hungover from night before.

Amex is a decent little ground. Cameron Ale on as the "visiting" beer, concourse was lit up red and showing pictures of Boro players on a big projector. Nice touches, pie was good too.

We were slow out of the blocks in the first half and Brighton had the better of it. Couple of tests for Steele but nothing too uncomfortable.

Second half we were a lot brighter. Seemed to playing 4-3-1-2 with Robson at the heart at the of everything in the hole. We got a deserved, but slightly lucky, goal and then Juke hit the post. You equalised but thought we looked the more likely side to win.

I have to say that the Brighton fans were possibly the best home fans I've ever encountered in my 20 odd years of going to games (Big shout!). Not particularly vocal but were friendly, good natured and chatty before and after the game - even applauding us when our attendance were read out over the loudspeaker. It would be quality to go back in the play-offs on a balmy May night.

to be fair you are being completley honest, everything you say i agree with, you made us look fairly average through your tough midfielders who didnt stop chasing down!
we were quiet in north stand untill the last 20 minutes, very odd as i assure you its usually non stop singing but i think everyone was nervous as it was a massive game!
you deserve to be in the play offs but (like us) have had some unfortunate injurys!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here