Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from a Boro fan

Dec 29, 2011
IMO the Borough fans weren't loud before they scored. Heard the odd "come on borough". When they scored the support was great and the atmosphere picked up after Brighton fans responded.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Thought we (Boro) played well. Maybe should have won.

Great turn out from us but the atmosphere was strangely flat - think everyone was either p*ssed from the journey or hungover from night before.

Amex is a decent little ground. Cameron Ale on as the "visiting" beer, concourse was lit up red and showing pictures of Boro players on a big projector. Nice touches, pie was good too.

We were slow out of the blocks in the first half and Brighton had the better of it. Couple of tests for Steele but nothing too uncomfortable.

Second half we were a lot brighter. Seemed to playing 4-3-1-2 with Robson at the heart at the of everything in the hole. We got a deserved, but slightly lucky, goal and then Juke hit the post. You equalised but thought we looked the more likely side to win.

I have to say that the Brighton fans were possibly the best home fans I've ever encountered in my 20 odd years of going to games (Big shout!). Not particularly vocal but were friendly, good natured and chatty before and after the game - even applauding us when our attendance were read out over the loudspeaker. It would be quality to go back in the play-offs on a balmy May night.

Applauding away fans,i have been to 1 or 2 away games,and never had this,its kinda gay really imo.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think they just lack something in front of goal. If they had a better final ball I could see them firmly in the top two. While a draw is a bit disappointing, I think it'll turn out to be a very good point. Not losing is the most important thing in games like that, and somehow we didn't.

Agreed. I think they were one of the best teams we have seen at the Amex - and like us - with a 20 goal striker would be storming the division. Fair result and a good point.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Applauding away fans,i have been to 1 or 2 away games,and never had this,its kinda gay really imo.

So, your extensive experience has led you to the conclusion that it doesn't happen, and that it's "kinda gay". Good show. :thumbsup:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

I like it. I think it shows respect and appreciation. Not all clubs deserve it of course - but the home crowd will make their own minds up about that.

And if no-one else does it - that is ok as well.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Suits us then :)

I think they deserve a clap, Brighton from Middlesbrough is one of the longest away days there is ([MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] will know the longest).

Very nice comments.

But I bet a pound to a penny if they had lost it would of been, Shit ground, crap transport, crap fans, cheating bastards, ref was a homer etc, etc.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

I think they deserve a clap, Brighton from Middlesbrough is one of the longest away days there is ([MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] will know the longest).

This is obviously something that happened very recently, clapping away fans. If you had said that 25 years ago in the north stand youd have got your head kicked in. I will never clap away fans, i guess im just old school.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Geography of that sort isn't my forte, however, looking at: Map of all English Premier and football league teams it appears middlesbrough are the furthest away from us in the championship, Carlisle or Newcastle over all (as the crow flies).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This is obviously something that happened very recently, clapping away fans. If you had said that 25 years ago in the north stand youd have got your head kicked in. I will never clap away fans, i guess im just old school.
Fair enough.

I think I've grown out of the tribal, intimidatory sort of stuff that goes hand in glove with football now. I like taking my kids to safe football grounds, my fighting days are over and I'm quite happy to welcome opposition fans. Life is too short.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Impressed with Boro in both our games against them. Mowbray seems a decent bloke - that loudmouth in charge of the Iron Hoofs could learn from him. One of the things I respect about Boro is that they produce a lot of their own players and did so in the Prem. Good to see a young English goalkeeper who looks a prospect.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Think the Boro fans deserved to be applauded with that turn out. Middlesborough is a trek and a half

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Impressed with Boro in both our games against them. Mowbray seems a decent bloke - that loudmouth in charge of the Iron Hoofs could learn from him. One of the things I respect about Boro is that they produce a lot of their own players and did so in the Prem. Good to see a young English goalkeeper who looks a prospect.

Always like Mowbray. Just gets on with his job

I've been on this one, I didn't know there were any more of them left!

376-Newport%20Transporter%20Bridge%20c1906.jpg

There's this one ... Bilbao.

N26AF00Z.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They took twice as many to the Falmex as we did to the Riverside, fair play to them for the turnout.

If ever we get to play in Europe, there's always the prospect of a visit to Mönchengladbach, where this transporter bridge can be found.

moegla-fae-330.jpg

It was build in 2003 and uses human power to make it work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here