Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from a Boro fan

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Best Championship side to visit the Amex this season imo. Passed the ball around and moved really well but lacked the final ball. We had the better chances from less possession but 1 - 1 a fair result. I'd take Emnes and Robson now!!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Nice to read an opposition fan not slagging off three sides of the ground. Great turn out by Boro fans but they were strangely quite. A draw a fair result IMO.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought we (Boro) played well. Maybe should have won.

Great turn out from us but the atmosphere was strangely flat - think everyone was either p*ssed from the journey or hungover from night before.

Amex is a decent little ground. Cameron Ale on as the "visiting" beer, concourse was lit up red and showing pictures of Boro players on a big projector. Nice touches, pie was good too.

We were slow out of the blocks in the first half and Brighton had the better of it. Couple of tests for Steele but nothing too uncomfortable.

Second half we were a lot brighter. Seemed to playing 4-3-1-2 with Robson at the heart at the of everything in the hole. We got a deserved, but slightly lucky, goal and then Juke hit the post. You equalised but thought we looked the more likely side to win.

I have to say that the Brighton fans were possibly the best home fans I've ever encountered in my 20 odd years of going to games (Big shout!). Not particularly vocal but were friendly, good natured and chatty before and after the game - even applauding us when our attendance were read out over the loudspeaker. It would be quality to go back in the play-offs on a balmy May night.

Top post and agree with almost every word. Thought a draw was fair but you shaded it overall. Best team to come down here along with Blackpool for me.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I thought that Boro were the best team weve played in the league this season. That said I thought we gave them way too much room in the middle of the pitch. Robson never had anyone near him when he got the ball and we seemed to just let him move forward with the ball wit us just standing off him. I didn't understand that at all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Try 3 times!! They took over 2k compared to our 679.

While not disagreeing with the point they had a good turn out we went up there in the middle of an indifferent run, just before Christmas and just after snow had gripped the country. They came to a seaside resort in spring for a playoff 6 pointer. I'm not saying we'd have taken over 2000 - we wouldn't have - but it's not a fair or even comparison.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
While not disagreeing with the point they had a good turn out we went up there in the middle of an indifferent run, just before Christmas and just after snow had gripped the country. They came to a seaside resort in spring for a playoff 6 pointer. I'm not saying we'd have taken over 2000 - we wouldn't have - but it's not a fair or even comparison.

Dont completely disagree , but was correcting his maths!

Still disappointing turn out from us bearing in mind we havent played many times at all at the Riverside. (I was one of the 679 before you ask).

Also should factor in that very possibly the recession hitting Boro harder than Sussex, so a very good turn out yesterday whichever way its looked at.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dont completely disagree , but was correcting his maths!

Still disappointing turn out from us bearing in mind we havent played many times at all at the Riverside. (I was one of the 679 before you ask).

Also should factor in that very possibly the recession hitting Boro harder than Sussex, so a very good turn out yesterday whichever way its looked at.

I'm with ya. Just making the point that had the dates been reversed we'd have taken more up there and they'd have taken less here. Well impressed with 'Boro fans yesterday overall.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
When looking at away attendances remember loads of Northern fans live in London, how many Brighton fans
live in the North East? It's simples economics. I'm not belittling the fans yesterday, but I spoke to loads who had
moved away. That doesn't make them any less fans, but we were always going to take less

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thought we (Boro) played well. Maybe should have won.

Great turn out from us but the atmosphere was strangely flat - think everyone was either p*ssed from the journey or hungover from night before.

Amex is a decent little ground. Cameron Ale on as the "visiting" beer, concourse was lit up red and showing pictures of Boro players on a big projector. Nice touches, pie was good too.

We were slow out of the blocks in the first half and Brighton had the better of it. Couple of tests for Steele but nothing too uncomfortable.

Second half we were a lot brighter. Seemed to playing 4-3-1-2 with Robson at the heart at the of everything in the hole. We got a deserved, but slightly lucky, goal and then Juke hit the post. You equalised but thought we looked the more likely side to win.

I have to say that the Brighton fans were possibly the best home fans I've ever encountered in my 20 odd years of going to games (Big shout!). Not particularly vocal but were friendly, good natured and chatty before and after the game - even applauding us when our attendance were read out over the loudspeaker. It would be quality to go back in the play-offs on a balmy May night.

Excellent post and summary, as ever you'll get crucified coming on here. You can lick Brighton arse (yeah, yeah) and still be hung out to dry. Glad the Borough lot enjoyed their experience at our place, met a few, they were very nice people.... the game was exciting and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite us dropping two points. Middlesbrough will definitely be one of the games where you look forward to seeing the fans here. It was a Cat B game yesterday, should have been Cat C.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And Mowbray is one of my favourite managers after our Gus. A true gent and tells it like it is no bullshit.

He said in the post match interview that we were class and a team that should be followed in football. I like him!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I'm with ya. Just making the point that had the dates been reversed we'd have taken more up there and they'd have taken less here. Well impressed with 'Boro fans yesterday overall.

Not to bang on (but I will), have checked and we were 6th when we went to theirs, and had just completed 3 consecutive wins. Appreciate not quite business end of the season, but hardly "in the middle of an indifferent run".

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Of the teams that are in the playoff hunt, if it's not us that goes up I wouldn't mind it being Boro that goes up. Good side, good manager and good support.

Also like the way they've generally been quite big on young players coming through the ranks over the years, especially during their mad Uefa cup campaigns a few years ago

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When looking at away attendances remember loads of Northern fans live in London, how many Brighton fans
live in the North East? It's simples economics. I'm not belittling the fans yesterday, but I spoke to loads who had
moved away. That doesn't make them any less fans, but we were always going to take less
Indeed. And it was a sunny weekend in Brighton, for a massive play off chasing game in a brand new stadium. Lots of reasons right there why there was a BUMPER away attendance.

Not many teams have brought a truly shit turnout to the Amex this season. Even the little clubs have had a decent following. Blackpool brought 1,500, Donny brought 1,600. Barnsley only brought 800 ish but it was a bad time of year to come down I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here