Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of Ashley Barnes' sending off at Bolton

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
When someone has thrown a knife that is head toward's his head, and you don't have time to reach him and pull him to the ground, and he can't hear your cries, so you lunch feet first to trip him so he falls out of line of the projectile.

Of course I forgot that scenario

stupid driller.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
barnsey has show himself up as a top shelf goon there........what a ****ing plonker........you'd get kicked out of county league for that..........twatt.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
With your infractions & Barnes red cards I think you should both be put on the naughty step until you both change your behaviour

I'm too old to change my ways now---I have a very long fuse but it burns really quick - I'm on the fence about Barnes tho:rolleyes:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I wish Barnes had DECKED lenny the fecking lion as he walked off.
Since when have mascots been allowed to go on the pitch and clap & cheer DURING the match???

No, not deck the lion, but stick it's head through that wretched big drum.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Stupid **** Barnes, you can go in the summer.

Meanwhile, I know it was obvious but for all the ref knows it could've been them crossing directions and been accidental, which for me shows that the ref is a **** like Barnes.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Stupid **** Barnes, you can go in the summer.

Meanwhile, I know it was obvious but for all the ref knows it could've been them crossing directions and been accidental, which for me shows that the ref is a **** like Barnes.

I thought that, but if you look at Barnes' body language, there is no sign of remorse, only surprise at the card. Surely, if it was an accident he would have been all over the Ref saying how sorry he was for the accident?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Barnes, is an idiot and I have been a staunch defender of him. He got fouled or thought he got fouled elbowed in the head from the last minute corner - even ulloa was trying to make him get up for the second phase ball. He was pissing and moaning at the ref all the way back to the centre of the field - if he tripped the ref or abused the ref he is a idiot in the current circumstances. He did the same thing at sheff wed when he didn't get the decision he wanted he sort his own revenge. Barnes isn't very talented and with his current brainless attitude he will **** his career. The club management should be dealing with this. Great effort by the team yesterday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barnesy was probably thinking he could trip him up and get away with it because the ref wasn't very good at spotting a foul.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
It's quite hard to tell from that video if it was intentional or not. He could have tripped him intentional or it could have just been an accident as the ref could have ran into Barnes's path and he has accidently clipped the ref's heel.

The video I saw on the football league show was inconclusive due to the distance but if Barnes is guilty he's an idiot. But another point of view is this. The referee is part of the pitch/game . If Barnes tripped a player like that in the centre of the pitch he would receive a yellow card. Why then is he sent off for that as its hardly violent conduct. If that is what Nigel Miller sent him off for I think a appeal would be justified.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The video I saw on the football league show was inconclusive due to the distance but if Barnes is guilty he's an idiot. But another point of view is this. The referee is part of the pitch/game . If Barnes tripped a player like that in the centre of the pitch he would receive a yellow card. Why then is he sent off for that as its hardly violent conduct. If that is what Nigel Miller sent him off for I think a appeal would be justified.

You're saying that violent conduct against the referee is no worse than against an opposing player?! This is a joke surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here