Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of Ashley Barnes' sending off at Bolton

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
No, I didn't see the match, but are you saying that he dived, and in the process nearly tripped the ref up?

Wouldn't be suprised.

The only thing Barnes did in his 90 minutes today was manage to claim for 3 penalties by going down clutching his face. Sadly, he was not touched anywhere near his face on any occasion. Oh and yes, I was there, this isn't judging by the radio commentary.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If it was accidental, presumably the club will appeal the red card. If they don't. then Barnes obviously intended it.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I like Barnes. On the ball he's a very intelligent player. But if he did actually trip the ref up, that's not going to help our run in and will get no sympathy from me. If. I can't tell from that footage although it does look like it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Barnes was interviewed straight after the game. He said "At the end of the day, we deserved to go through to the next round..."

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Is this the same video they just used on the football league show?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And of what relevance is that? Fek me talk about jumping on a bandwagon....prick

O well I've just received my first infraction sine i joinedfor saying that word....never knew you weren't allowed to say any swear words at all I say them rarely ..and I stand by my post ...so I am some what aghast and I think I'll clear off from the board...watch but not post from now on...it's been fun

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Having just seen the video I believe a visit to the FA will be the next appearance from the idiot. Somehow think we will not see him again, certainly this season.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Please explain on what level could attacking the ref be considered acceptable? I was at the game and whilst the ref was, at best, inconsistent, there was still no excuse for what Barnes did. Did you see Ulloa tell Barnes to get up after one of his 'injuries'? I think that even the players are beginning to tire of his antics.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Open and Shut, he'll be lucky not to get a lengthy ban.

Stand or Fall

Feb 13, 2013
Did you see Ulloa tell Barnes to get up after one of his 'injuries'?

Wow. This is the kind of thing you miss when you're listening to the radio. I'll support Brighton all day long as twice on Sundays, but (and assuming Barnes was diving all other the place) I feel as though we shouldn't have to put up with that kind of behaviour - with players that feign injuries, dive, or disrespect the ref. I call out players on other teams when they pull that kind of rubbish and I'll do the same when he's an Albion player. It's sad, it cheapens the game, and it makes the team look bad.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I've always tried to defend Barnes, but on this occasion I don't think there is any defense. What a clown. Straight red and dump him in the reserves until the end of the season. ****ing stupid thing to do.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Some behavioural issues which I doubt he'll ever shake off once the red mist comes down. He'll end up as a good League One player when he finds a club that are prepared to accept having a loose cannon in their side.
It will be interesting to see if the disciplinary committee view the offence in the same category as striking an official. If that is the case I would expect Barnes to be banned something like 8 to 10 games, or maybe longer. They could well make an example of him, added to which his previous disciplinary record does him no favours.
It's all very frustrating for everyone who wants the club to succeed.

Oct 6, 2010
O well I've just received my first infraction sine i joinedfor saying that word....never knew you weren't allowed to say any swear words at all I say them rarely ..and I stand by my post ...so I am some what aghast and I think I'll clear off from the board...watch but not post from now on...it's been fun

Looked like needless abuse to what was clearly a joke that passed over your head. wont miss your postings if that's how you usually are. T'ra

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Clearly a dive by the ref.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here