Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

I think there will be two things that will make up Vicente's mind on whether he stays or goes.

1. he will wait and see which new players Poyet and Bloom bring into the club.
2. This will be the most important, whether his wife is happy to be in England. Vicente is obviously a family man and he will put them first.

May be the club should involve him in which players should be targeted.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
It could get all too much for me this summer. Not only if we spend mega money and get loads of flair players in and then Vicente stays ???
If the loss of all my bodily fluids doesn't finish me off, the subsequent flood will.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
What everyone has to be careful over though is the expectation that Tony will just be writing blank cheques for Gus. People are already expecting many mega-bucks signings and this season hasn't even finished yet.

I hope that Gus is given a good budget but I also hope that Tony keeps the club finances sound.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Gus Poyet today on Vicente - "It might not be very difficult to keep him if we get the team that he deserves, with players who understand the game like he does, and help him play.

"If we can't do that the situation will change, but we will decide it with Vicente. We need to make sure it is fair for everyone."

He is clearly keen to keep him. Even talking about building teams around him.

I love the guy, he was amazing today, just stood out from every single player on the pitch through amazing control, subtle skill, just a class above, por favor quedate con nostros Vicente!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Vicente arrived at Brighton under whatever circumstances and I will not expand upon those.

Irrespective of anything else he appears to have achieved full match fitness and some posts have suggested that fewer matches have been won when he was involved.

With respect and the deserved ridicule in some cases, he is a player who comes on to the pitch looking for the ball (an absolutely admirable trait, perhaps look at others) and indeed other players seek him out to pass the ball to him because they know that he is likely to progress the development of play.

Vicente, if not certainly the one, is one of, the most accomplished footballers ever to have played for the Albion and I, for one, feel absolutely privileged to have seen him don the stripes.

Any suggestion that his involvement in matches has had a negative effect is completely and utterly ridiculous.

If he should deem it appropriate to remain at the Amex for a further season or indeed for however long a period of time, then I for one would be absolutely delighted.
:clap2:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think Gus has been a fantastic manager for us and Vicente arguably the best player ever to play for the Albion...

BUT

I am firmly in Tony's camp when it comes to making the right decision. If Tony decides to ignore Gus's hints and lets Vicente go because we cannot afford to keep him or build the team we need to keep him... then I will still be happy. I want to be able to support my team twenty years from now without EVER having to worry about the club being wound up EVER AGAIN. And I truıst Tony on this. he will be here longer than either Gus or Vicente.

However... I would LOVE a team built around Vicente..... providing we can afford it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not sure the cost needs to be absurd. There are 1 maybe 2 key positions that need addressing one being who plays alongside and another maybe who plays ahead of him. I don't see a new GK influencing his decision!

He has looked around a bit bewildered at times when things break down and I think one of the reasons why our form has dipped with his return is that everything now has to go through him and even he can't be a one man team - there need to be other outlets, for him and others

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
He has looked around a bit bewildered at times when things break down and I think one of the reasons why our form has dipped with his return is that everything now has to go through him and even he can't be a one man team - there need to be other outlets, for him and others[/QUOTE]

I thought the same four key players are needed if we can keep Mattock, experienced Goal keeper, Big Centre midfielder, centre forward big lump

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Gus will mutter and insist, but his power is limited. Every year he'll ask for greater funding and use whatever tools he has to try and persuade TB that its time to dig into his riches more. This time it's the retention of someone the crowd clearly and rightly adore. I don't believe we'll break the bank, but the success we've had both on the field and financially this season should mean the outgoings will be heftier than predicted. Wages will have to be raised to show we're willing to compete and to attract those vaster figures who must still tell friends and rivals how much more they earn than them.
I am sure Vicente might sometimes get a bit annoyed with the skill levels around him, but i also think he'll relish being by far the brightest star in a generally lightly sparkling cosmos. His last years have been surely unsatisfying and worry-filled, so, really, his concerns are internal and less galaxial anyhow.
Last summer was one of enormous surprise. This time it will be, i predict, astonishing still, but a little less startling as we begin to expect.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Dont forget that if Vicente stays, the rest of the squad will be able to learn huge amounts from him, learn more about how he plays and most importantly how to play with him during pre-season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dont forget that if Vicente stays, the rest of the squad will be able to learn huge amounts from him, learn more about how he plays and most importantly how to play with him during pre-season.

True but sadly and understandably given that we are a middling Championship team at best, their skill levels fall woefully short of Vicente's and no amount of coaching will make a massive improvement at this stage of their careers, imo. I'd pay the entrance money just to watch him and desperately hope we can hold on to him. But I do see the point that we are now starting to rely on him possibly too much. We need a top quality forward with presence and tougher and more skillfull midfielders to make it work better. We are so lightweight upfront that I am suprised we have finished as high as we have. I suggest we need to address that just as much as trying to hold onto Vicente.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We create so many chances but fail to convert so the issue to me is up front that needs to be resolved

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here