Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Met Vicente after the game in the west stand as they were doing the MOM presentation. Naturally asked if he was going to stay, his reply "I don't know". So I guess he could be waiting for reassurances that the right players are coming in to make the team PL ready?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Met Vicente after the game in the west stand as they were doing the MOM presentation. Naturally asked if he was going to stay, his reply "I don't know". So I guess he could be waiting for reassurances that the right players are coming in to make the team PL ready?

Or he didn't want to talk in depth about his future to a fan? (in a language he can't speak)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm worried that all of this ole ole ole annoys the other players as we pretty much exclusively sing that song ATM.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Gus Poyet today on Vicente - "It might not be very difficult to keep him if we get the team that he deserves, with players who understand the game like he does, and help him play.

"If we can't do that the situation will change, but we will decide it with Vicente. We need to make sure it is fair for everyone."

He is clearly keen to keep him. Even talking about building teams around him.

That to me is Gus speaking indirectly to Tony Bloom about transfer funds.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
As I have to drive I'd will just buy 60 or so Pies in the ground

the upside of that to the club, is you will also need to buy a bigger replica shirt. Think Albion better order in a few more 5XL's

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Vicente arrived at Brighton under whatever circumstances and I will not expand upon those.

Irrespective of anything else he appears to have achieved full match fitness and some posts have suggested that fewer matches have been won when he was involved.

With respect and the deserved ridicule in some cases, he is a player who comes on to the pitch looking for the ball (an absolutely admirable trait, perhaps look at others) and indeed other players seek him out to pass the ball to him because they know that he is likely to progress the development of play.

Vicente, if not certainly the one, is one of, the most accomplished footballers ever to have played for the Albion and I, for one, feel absolutely privileged to have seen him don the stripes.

Any suggestion that his involvement in matches has had a negative effect is completely and utterly ridiculous.

If he should deem it appropriate to remain at the Amex for a further season or indeed for however long a period of time, then I for one would be absolutely delighted.

:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

Some names can pay for themselves, shirt sales etc

I know what your saying but the only shirt with Vicente i have seen on it, was a valencia one.

I could not believe someone would put money in there pocket rather than ours and he did not look spanish.
He was in Dicks saturday does anyone on here know the 'Strange one'???

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
I know what your saying but the only shirt with Vicente i have seen on it, was a valencia one.

I could not believe someone would put money in there pocket rather than ours and he did not look spanish.
He was in Dicks saturday does anyone on here know the 'Strange one'???

I've seen someone with a Valencia Vicente shirt in the West upper

D

Deleted member 2719

I've seen someone with a Valencia Vicente shirt in the West upper

Was he an older guy with white hair and black eyebrows and appeared to be English, why would he buy a Spanish shirt??? weird.

D

Deleted member 2719

Maybe he liked the shirt, it being Spanish is far trendier, and obviously there is the Vicente link. It really isnt odd at all.

I am sorry but English is my nationality and i will always back that first and an Albion shirt with Vicente on has got to be trendier.

It is still very weird IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here