Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I have home and away with Vicente on it. Was down the stadium shop as soon as his number was clarified.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bit of a home made job, but made our day when Vicente, Gus and Calderon all spotted it in the East Stand on their lap of honour. Gus had a right chuckle!:thumbsup:

Amex v Birmingham-22.jpg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Small Vicente article in today's Sun newspaper

On page 53 in a small yellow box...... it reads.

" Vicente has told Brighton boss Gus Poyet he wants to play on for the seagulls next season. His current deal ends this summer"

Not sure if thats just a rehash of Argus article or inside knowlege?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
To be honest, I actually think it'll come down to his wife. He has said he wants to stay, and the club want to keep him. He just needs to think about what his family want, and what's best for them.

Bloody women...:facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could come down to the weather. This is f***ing depressing place at the moment. How long does winter last? Spaniards LOVE their sun and Brighton in the wet and cold is about 1% as nice as it is on a hot sunny day.

Would YOU want to live here when you could be in the Sun?

We need the sun to make a long appearance pronto, to help our cause :thumbsup:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Could come down to the weather. This is f***ing depressing place at the moment. How long does winter last? Spaniards LOVE their sun and Brighton in the wet and cold is about 1% as nice as it is on a hot sunny day.

I agree. When somebody may be in two minds whether to sign, its far easier to persuade them on a beautiful Spring day dinning outside somewhere than it is when its grey & pissing down....Like today for example. :(

Put those contract talks on hold for a few days Gus.:thumbsup:

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Its probably way wide of the crease but is there any chance Vicente has told Poyet his plans and Poyet is keeping quiet and using that to get himself a bigger transfer kitty for next season?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Bit of a home made job, but made our day when Vicente, Gus and Calderon all spotted it in the East Stand on their lap of honour. Gus had a right chuckle!:thumbsup:

View attachment 31615

I saw that as I'm just to the left of you in the East. Gus really made a point of showing that to Vicente. I was struck by how happy Vicente looked.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hope he stays and that if he does,he can keep fit and play the majority of games for us.
Gus will have to be absolutely spot on with his transfer dealings this summer and make sure every penny counts if we are to recruit the players to enable us to 'build the team around Vicente'.None of us know what/who we can afford yet tho'!
'Building the team' around CMS didn't really happen did it!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think Gus has been a fantastic manager for us and Vicente arguably the best player ever to play for the Albion...

BUT

I am firmly in Tony's camp when it comes to making the right decision. If Tony decides to ignore Gus's hints and lets Vicente go because we cannot afford to keep him or build the team we need to keep him... then I will still be happy. I want to be able to support my team twenty years from now without EVER having to worry about the club being wound up EVER AGAIN. And I truıst Tony on this. he will be here longer than either Gus or Vicente.

However... I would LOVE a team built around Vicente..... providing we can afford it.

This.

I hope Gus is just hinting about what we as a club are planning to do this summer, and NOT trying to heap a bit of pressure on Tony to spend more than he might otherwise want to. The latter would be unwise Gus.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Met Vicente after the game in the west stand as they were doing the MOM presentation. Naturally asked if he was going to stay, his reply "I don't know". So I guess he could be waiting for reassurances that the right players are coming in to make the team PL ready?

I would guess that he has been in the game long enough to know better than make an announcement that he is staying to just a random fan during an MOM presentation.

No offense, but if he's staying the club would want to make a bigger announcement than having you tell us all on NSC moments after getting the nod from Vicente.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Am I the only one that thinks keeping Noone here, and fit is also going to be key this summer? When he came on at the weekend his link up with Vicente looked good, albeit brief. He has plenty of pace and could prove invaluable in this league if he can work on his decision making and final ball. The full backs in this league are not the quickest. I think Vicente in the middle works well when he has Noone and Buckley on the flanks.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I would guess that he has been in the game long enough to know better than make an announcement that he is staying to just a random fan during an MOM presentation.

No offense, but if he's staying the club would want to make a bigger announcement than having you tell us all on NSC moments after getting the nod from Vicente.

Mate I was being facetious. Of course he is not going to tell a random stranger his future plans. I forgot to add my sarcasm quotes.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mate I was being facetious. Of course he is not going to tell a random stranger his future plans. I forgot to add my sarcasm quotes.

Sorry, didn't pick up on that. :thumbsup:

I don't care how we find out, as long as it happens.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

We could be f***ed then, as I've heard plenty of talk in the media that its going to rain for a month and be one of the coldest May's on record.
Please look past the weather and see the beauty of Sussex mr and mrs Rodriguez

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here