Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente talks positive...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I thought we had the option to extend his contract for a year anyway.

Don't understand why we aren't taking that option????

Might be wrong, but i thought it may of been the other way around? I stand corrected if thats not the case though!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well it wouldn't be the first time we have missed out on targets, while we have been waiting on others only for them to fall though. But nice to see your sticking to true form. Wasn't it last season Poyet wanted everyone in place for pre season. Only to be chasing loans and others as the window was shutting. I'm sure your better informed than most of us, seeing as you claim to know everything..Can't wait to see what you will be saying in a few weeks time lol. At least we can all now forget the guy from Dundee Utd after what Poyet said in the Argus, he certainly knows how to make a possible target feel good.

Hmmm...maybe you should keep to whinging about people who aint that excited about the Jubilee.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hmmm...maybe you should keep to whinging about people who aint that excited about the Jubilee.

When did I say I was "excited" about the jubilee,,er never. I just don't put it down and slag it off. And I make a post about getting the Vicente thing sorted out sooner rather than later and people jump on it. All I was saying is it would not be the first time we have held out for a player and missed out on other targets. If pointing this out is so wrong, then there is something wrong with some people on here. I personally don't think Vicente will be here next season and he won't be the only one and i'm not on about playing staff. But we will see, won't be the first time I have been wrong and it won't be the first time I have been right. I thought this site was all about opinions.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
When did I say I was "excited" about the jubilee,,er never. I just don't put it down and slag it off. And I make a post about getting the Vicente thing sorted out sooner rather than later and people jump on it. All I was saying is it would not be the first time we have held out for a player and missed out on other targets. If pointing this out is so wrong, then there is something wrong with some people on here. I personally don't think Vicente will be here next season and he won't be the only one and i'm not on about playing staff. But we will see, won't be the first time I have been wrong and it won't be the first time I have been right. I thought this site was all about opinions.

It is all about opinions bro! I just gave you mine...chill out! The world would be a boring place if we all agreed! :thumbsup:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I thought we had the option to extend his contract for a year anyway.

Don't understand why we aren't taking that option????

presumably it has to work for both parties

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What that he has the option to extend if he likes?

Yeh...but like i said...i may be completely wrong! Anybody know for sure??

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
vicente must be fairly loyal, he was at valencia for years. If he stays next year he may well be here for 3 or four years

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Wasn't it both parties had option to extend if they both wanted ?

We've made it fairly obvious we want to extend and that's why we are waiting for him to decide

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I was sure that BHA have the option of keeping him for another season should BHA want to. However as we all know how Gus works, he's left the option up to Vicente.
Is this partly correct?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
How would this be any different to neither having an option??!

I would imagine in regard to terms etc.

At the time it was very much hinted we had a get out clause after a year should he not be fit, the fact we are waiting for him suggests both have a chance to walk away at end of year or agree to carry on contract. More like an extended cooling off period than an option maybe

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh

At the time it was very much hinted we had a get out clause after a year should he not be fit, the fact we are waiting for him suggests both have a chance to walk away at end of year or agree to carry on contract. More like an extended cooling off period than an option maybe

Oh I see, that could make sense.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Oh I see, that could make sense.

Granted I've probably not explained it very well !

Could also be as suggested that Gus has waived the option and left decision to Vicente, although I must admit I can't imagine Bloom allowing him to walk to nothing when we have an option to force a 2nd year.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

This sounds about right. Whatever happens, IF he decides to stay in England, i think it will be with us. The question is, imo, is he happy abroad? After all, he's played his entire career in the same city, and he obviously had problems adapting last year, which wasn't a surprise tbh. Fingers crossed though!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well it wouldn't be the first time we have missed out on targets, while we have been waiting on others only for them to fall though. But nice to see your sticking to true form. Wasn't it last season Poyet wanted everyone in place for pre season. Only to be chasing loans and others as the window was shutting. I'm sure your better informed than most of us, seeing as you claim to know everything..Can't wait to see what you will be saying in a few weeks time lol. At least we can all now forget the guy from Dundee Utd after what Poyet said in the Argus, he certainly knows how to make a possible target feel good.
To be fair kev it was 10 times worse when we had dick tight as chairman:)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To be fair kev it was 10 times worse when we had dick tight as chairman:)

lol, do you remember Tight would go to the press and there would be names banded about all over the place and we would end up with none of them..Happy Days lol.
I like the way that nobody has a scooby what's going on these days, until the day its announced and it's someone nobody has even mentioned. Really think we need a couple of proven, even journeymen pro's in this division. I'm all for the flair etc etc, but in this division one or two old heads is key I think.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Gibberish?...So Poyet didn't say last season he wanted everyone in place for pre season?..You have never claimed to know his supposed "long term" plan. And you think by him saying in the Argus "why would we be after the guy from Dundee Utd, when we are waiting on the best player in the championship" to be a bit undermining to the lad?
Interesting.....you really are up the blokes arse aren't you.

When I said you're talking gibberish, it wasn't an invitation for you to carry on.

Really, all you're doing is commenting on gossip, speculation and rumour as though it were gospel.

Every manager wants everyone in place for pre-season, but that doesn't follow they're going to get them. It also doesn't mean that they've failed in their duty. That's merely your take on a topic that you're making up as you go along. It is hilarious and brain-fryingly baffling in equal measure.

For my part, I haven't said anything one way or the other about Gus, nor his transfer targets, nor his long-term commitment - even though you're looking forward to the day when he does go purely to satisfy your insecurities that you were right all along. You merely assume that because I challenge your ill-conceived prejudices about Gus that I am 'up Gus' arse', which is a sorry state of affairs for you to be in, frankly.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
lol, do you remember Tight would go to the press and there would be names banded about all over the place and we would end up with none of them..Happy Days lol.
I like the way that nobody has a scooby what's going on these days, until the day its announced and it's someone nobody has even mentioned. Really think we need a couple of proven, even journeymen pro's in this division. I'm all for the flair etc etc, but in this division one or two old heads is key I think.

Nope, he never did that, irrespective of you think. He would occasionally talk about targets after he'd missed them. Apart from that, you're making this up as you go along. Your ingratitude to the people who serve this club is quite staggering.

Of course, I say 'think' - I use that phrase in the loosest possible terms.

Still nice to see that, if it was down to you, you'd like to take this club backwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here