Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente out of squad for Burnley

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't wait to bounce a load of threads in 2012 when he rips the Championship apart in the second half of the season.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
It is very,very frustrating. I remember the near hysteria on here when he signed but it's all gone a bit pear shaped to say the least. That said, we have to be realistic and think why he signed for us.If he had a recent track record of being fit surely he would have gone elsewhere. I hope he is on a "sensible" contract and isn't costing us an arm and a leg. Let's hope we see him in the new year.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
On FM, I'm in the fifth season and Vicente, now an unemployed coach, is top on the list of people who dislike me. Not really sure why.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Can't wait to bounce a load of threads in 2012 when he rips the Championship apart in the second half of the season.

You don't think teams will target him and instantly kick him out of the game, and the season? If he can't get fit in training then I dread to think what will happen when he gets in a real game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was fairly well known that he COULD be playing games now, but would then have to miss two matches for every one that he plays, so they're holding him back and building him up so that he can play 10-15 games in say a 20 game period.

Could be wrong.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
One of the reasons the fans are so frustrated about Vicente is that expectations have been managed very badly over his condition.

This ridiculous 'hoping he'll be okay for next week' has been a joke for weeks, it's either some economy with the truth, or deliberate misinformation from the manager.

And it's not the only player that's happened with either.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
One of the reasons the fans are so frustrated about Vicente is that expectations have been managed very badly over his condition.

This ridiculous 'hoping he'll be okay for next week' has been a joke for weeks, it's either some economy with the truth, or deliberate misinformation from the manager.

And it's not the only player that's happened with either.

Indeed, I'm all for mindgames, but they are taking the piss a bit. Official site "Hoskins is an injury doubt for Middlesbrough" - Naylor "I've just spoken to Will Hoskins and he's confirmed he's damaged knee ligaments, out for 6 weeks"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If he's on a small retainer and a pay as you play contract its frustrating for the fans but not necessarily a problem for the club

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Of course it is,i just said it as its my opinion,not saying otherwise

Whether someone is suffering from homesickness or not isn't an opinion.

As for his contract, I believe he has a regular playing contract, not a pay as you play type.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Maybe he's earning his money with his coaching and tactics input and showing our youngster's better techniques, positioning etc

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Dont know why Poyet just doesnt tell the fans the truth about these so called injuries. Whats there to hide?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Would love to see you bouncing ya nuts off in 2012,but someone who is coming to end of his career,getting injured so easy,home sick setting in etc,i have serious doubts.....

He's only 30, I wouldn't say he is coming to the end of his career, unless he really cant get fit again. The homesickness thing is complete speculation, it's just been made up. I am reserving judgment until the end of the season. So far we've got 4 games and 1 goal out of him. If he comes good in the New Year and makes another 15 appearances and 5 goals, then he was a worthwhile siging, as long as he isn't on silly money, which I cant imagine he is. If we can get him fit enough to play 2 out of every 4 games then he can make a major impact. Like Ledley King does for Spurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here