Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente in talks with two clubs..

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There does seem to be a poverty of ambition on here.

The principle reason for him looking like he didn't belong (and having to run the show himself) is because he is so much better, and other players are just not on his wavelength. Get some high quality players in who understand what he's going to do with the ball - and watch us fly.

But the prevailing idea with some seems to be 'we didn't win much with him, so get rid' (an overly facile stat) - without considering the point that he is not the central problem; it's our relative lack of quality within the rest of the squad.

Well said

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
With the option that we have on him, couldn't we stop him going to other champs clubs ?. Gutted but understandable if he stays in Spain, but angry if he comes back to England with someone else unless it's a top prem club.

D

Deleted User X18H

Vicente's body language at the his press interview last April (I was less than a foot away from him) appeared to be of a man who was content with his football , the club he played for and the area he was living in. I also got the impression he wanted to fulfil a moral obligation to the club who had been very patient with him. And had helped him to regain full fitness and recapture some of his old form.

On this basis I am hopeful.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Vicente's body language at the his press interview last April (I was less than a foot away from him) appeared to be of a man who was content with his football , the club he played for and the area he was living in. I also got the impression he wanted to fulfil a moral obligation to the club who had been very patient with him. And had helped him to regain full fitness and recapture some of his old form.

On this basis I am hopeful.

Please say you weren't 9 inches away from him directly in front of or behind him for a whole press interview??

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
A fantastic player and worth the admission fee alone but should he choose to go I don't think it will be a disaster for us. In games towards the end of the season it did feel like our only tactic was get the ball and give it to Vicente!!

Be great if we retained him but always thought of it as an 'enjoy it whilst it lasts cameo' more than a long term player for us

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
This is also why i'm not that bothered if he goes. He owes us at least one season to be fair but f*** him if he goes.

Aarrrgggghhhh - the no nothing knobhead brightion fan who doesnt have a clue. Well done great post.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm having a great summer thanks and still anticipate autmatic promotion.

No signings so far and THIS. Can I have some of what you are on Sir? I wish I could be that optimistic.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Least vicente actually got fit in the end,but like has been said the players around him are to poor and this will only frustrate him if he was to stay.If i was him honestly i would defo leave:smile:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No signings so far and THIS. Can I have some of what you are on Sir? I wish I could be that optimistic.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise the season started tomorrow, we're doomed.

It's like a child being upset about not receiving any Christmas presents in late October.

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
Gus said that to keep Vicente then he needs four new players and good players to show Vicente that we will be fighting for the play offs or promotion.

I think everyone should calm down and see who Gus brings in. I expect Vicente is also keeping an eye on procedings as well as us. I think he'll stay if we improve the squad.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I cant see any concern or news in this. Naylor is trying to get a story to fill a back page in the Argus. To be honest is there actually a new story in this? Of course Vicente (or his Agent) is in talks with clubs. One of those is the Albion and the other is quite possibly Villareal or Levante that was mentioned awhile back.

Talks happen all the time with players, offers are made and the player decides. Vicente will decide which is best for him and his family. Based on nothing but optimism, I think if Albion can get a few better players to support him, then I think he will choose us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus said that to keep Vicente then he needs four new players and good players to show Vicente that we will be fighting for the play offs or promotion.

I think everyone should calm down and see who Gus brings in. I expect Vicente is also keeping an eye on procedings as well as us. I think he'll stay if we improve the squad.

I'd say there's not a cat in hell's chance that he'll sign before we have our squad in place. If Gus can't deliver more quality, for whatever reason, I really can't see him staying. So Vicente signing is not gonna happen for ages, if ever imo.

Gus will not only fail to get his squad in place by the time we come back for pre-season, he's possibly not even gonna have one new player.

Obviously no need to panic but Gus raises people's hopes by saying he wants his squad in place by pre-season. I doubt he'll be back from holiday more than a few days beforehand so how was that ever gonna happen anyway??

I'd love to be completely wrong on this btw

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here