Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente - "I'd love to come back [next season]"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It'll come down to the money.

he didnt move for money before dont see that he'll do so now. Its Brighton or Spain, and who can argue with a chap wanting to return to thier country and family for to have a baby?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i will shed tears today when he finally walks down that tunnel, I fear it is good bye.

Gonna be a long summer!!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
His off then....as much as I love Vicente and he is right up there with the best that have ever graced the stripes. Our points per game is better when he is not in the team. Bizzare as it maybe, this is a fact.

Well he was out for half the season ???

Does sound like hes saying "Id love to stay, but i cant" almost like the typical "Its not you, its me". Its going to be leaving a big hole which Gus will need to replace, maybe we could get another Spaniard in Raul in.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
His off then....as much as I love Vicente and he is right up there with the best that have ever graced the stripes. Our points per game is better when he is not in the team. Bizzare as it maybe, this is a fact.

Yeah, so as the statistics say that we shouldn't bother with him and perhaps draft in lesser (let's face it anyone else in our league and a great many players in higher leagues) players.

Crazy.

damo1971

Jun 21, 2011
Maybe the reason why Gus has publicly said that he will leave the choice to Vicente is that he is confident he knows his plans. I am sure they have had some sort of private conversation at some point. That is what makes me think that if he is going to stay in this country it will be with Brighton.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
he didnt move for money before dont see that he'll do so now. Its Brighton or Spain, and who can argue with a chap wanting to return to thier country and family for to have a baby?

Obviously we all hope he stays and yes, if he goes back to Spain, everyone would say fair enough but the big difference from last summer is that now he's injury free, fit and we can all see that he can play at a higher level. When we signed him it was a gamble which might or might not work but as he was on a free from Valencia (!!) most were prepared to see what would happen. And now we know how good he is and a fit Vicente will attract a lot of interest from clubs with deeper pockets than ours. I won't be surprised if he ends up at Villa or Fulham or somewhere like that. Hope I'm wrong.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well I take from that that he is staying.

Doesn't want to make any early promises because things can change, but sounds to me like the plan is to stay for another season.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
probably will go - babies are drooled over by everyone in spain, and breastfeeding is seen as natural - in england it is the opposite - whether he stays depends on the domestic argument/chat - and a pregnant women is hard to win arguments with - those that know this, know this.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well I take from that that he is staying.

Doesn't want to make any early promises because things can change, but sounds to me like the plan is to stay for another season.

My thoughts (and hopes, obviously) exactly.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Here is a man who puts his family first, which in today's world is refreshing. If Valencia come knocking on his door it will be a done deal but they do say never go back.

Setting the Amex alight is a lot different to being able to cut it at Valencia again

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Bit of a non story really... nice but the door isnt closed so we still no nothing.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
probably will go - babies are drooled over by everyone in spain, and breastfeeding is seen as natural - in england it is the opposite - whether he stays depends on the domestic argument/chat - and a pregnant women is hard to win arguments with - those that know this, know this.

yeah, this is pretty much why i drift away from nsc periodically....

speculation about Spanish attitudes towards breast feeding and how they may affect BHAFC's squad for next year...

haha. wow.

i'm out of here (hope Vicente stays as i won't make it to the Amex for the first time until next season and i would love to see him in person).

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011

Is it that bizarre? I'm just speculating here, but it's possible, perhaps even likely, that he's on the pitch against tougher opposition. Without a list of which games he has and hasn't featured in it's hard to say, but I've seen this factlet thrown around here a few times with the unspoken implication being that we're better without him. Maybe we've just been playing him in more difficult games.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
His place in the team is critical,Gus will want a fairly quick answer,in order to recruit another to replace him,if he goes.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If he stays it will be like signing a 10 million pound player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here