Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente - "I'd love to come back [next season]"

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Too close to call at the mo

Sounds silly but last year april was absolutely brill weather wise, this year its been shocking. A month of brighton in the sunshine before they went off on holidays to think it over would have helped our cause immensely, damn weather!

Funny isn't it, I also think about the weather and how it impacts on a continental footballer's propensity to stay in this country or not. One of the main reasons Ronaldo left Man Utd is because of the shit weather up there. (See also Carlos Tevez, although he only got as far as Man City :)) Let's hope Vicente has seen enough Sussex sunshine to convince him to stay.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
The baby line says it all to me, the mrs wants to go home and raise it there. It was a pleasure to watch him (and meet him at the sponsors dinner) this season. Ole ole ole ole.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
The baby line says it all to me, the mrs wants to go home and raise it there. It was a pleasure to watch him (and meet him at the sponsors dinner) this season. Ole ole ole ole.

Bloody women, always interfering :)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Let's be fair he is way too good for us and it is nothing short of amazing that we have even been able to see this guy in our team.

Whatever happens I wish him nothing but success

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
of course there's nothing definite about it, but he has publicly now spoken of his desire to be here. External factors may interfere, but i think the discussions will revolve around Vicente's happiness, after years of difficulty, with a club he trusts, which would be very important to him. Money won't come into it. Hopefully, Mrs Vicente will see that another year on the south coast won't make their new child any less Spanish and get into all the little alternative and easygoing things in the underbelly of Brighton to find her passions there within.
They had him attend the press conference to give us hope, and he was obviously a part of that decision. Things bode well, i believe, and the necessary, but relaxed, pressure has been applied.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
of course there's nothing definite about it, but he has publicly now spoken of his desire to be here. External factors may interfere, but i think the discussions will revolve around Vicente's happiness, after years of difficulty, with a club he trusts, which would be very important to him. Money won't come into it. Hopefully, Mrs Vicente will see that another year on the south coast won't make their new child any less Spanish and get into all the little alternative and easygoing things in the underbelly of Brighton to find her passions there within.
They had him attend the press conference to give us hope, and he was obviously a part of that decision. Things bode well, i believe, and the necessary, but relaxed, pressure has been applied.

This....could very well be where it's at.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Probably the best post in this thread so far.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
They already have one small child so could just be about support network. Obviously been happy to have one child spend a year here.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Relaxed pressure = guilt him into staying

'it is your choice but everyone loves you, we did get you fit, and we speako Spanish'

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Da Man Clay;4869421 What is this obsession with Reading wanting him as well. There is a 0% chance of him going there. If he stays in England it'll be with us.[/QUOTE said:
Absolutely agree .. think it's daft to link him with Reading, indeed any other team, if he stays in this country it'll be with us. Think he's destined to head back to Spain though

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I like how everyone has already made a decision on what he's going to do when Vicente himself probably hasn't.

The article says to me 'I don't know where my future lies, I have a lot of things to think about, but I've really enjoyed my time here and would love to stay here if things are right.'

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Its going to be a long close season.I think i will hibernate .

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm not convinced, I think he'll go back to Spain. How inconsiderate of his wife to fall pregnant when we need him the most ! :lolol:

I'd sleep with him.

D

Deleted member 22389

It will not hurt singing his name again today. Hopefully the sun will stay out and we win to finish to finish the season of at The Amex.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
His off then....as much as I love Vicente and he is right up there with the best that have ever graced the stripes. Our points per game is better when he is not in the team. Bizzare as it maybe, this is a fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here