Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente comments on OS

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Fortunately, the team seem to be quite a close-knit group with loads of enthusiasm and this would have helped him, I'm sure.
Just being part of a group that you know are going to stick up for you and help you through the tricky times.

He's just wonderful, and it can't have been easy moving to another country where you don't speak the lingo and don't know very many people.
Sounds now like he's settled in really well, which is brilliant news.

And I agree with other posters, we really must get a song going for him. Viva Vicente would be good.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you are right my heart goes out to the guy. So pleased to see him back. This guy does need his own song in Spanish.

In Spanish would be absolutely brilliant. I was thinking he needed a song the other day, but doing it in Spanish would really get behind him.
He is from Valencia, so his native tongue will be Valencian (which is basically Catalan).

We should flair it up and sing it in that language.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He is from Valencia, so his native tongue will be Valencian (which is basically Catalan).

We should flair it up and sing it in that language.

Seeing as after 90 years of practice we cant yet sing Sussex by the Sea properly, perhaps we should aim a little lower than composing and singing a song in Catalan?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He is pure class at this level when fit, this guy could be the ace in the pack! I remember when he came on against Liverpool earlier in the season, Kenny knew what he could bring to the game and immediately doubled upon him...wrap him in cotton wool Gus, he gives whoever were playing something else to think about. Just the thought that this fella is 'one of ours' makes me proud to be an Albion fan, and make no mistake, he would walk into ANY team in the championship when fit. Just imagine what he gives to the younger lads in our squad at training etc.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
LOL you were the first person to post on Vicente thread with the comment "boring" when i suggested he still had a part to play.

Let me explain, I read your previous post as a question ie: Does anyone think he has anything to offer?.

Being a bit fed up with all the negative crap people were saying I knee jerked with the 'boring' as I saw it as another thread to knock the fella. Had I read it the way you meant as in: I still think he has a part to play then I would have agreed totally with you. There's just been too much lack of support from so called supporters, if it's not Vicente it Barnes or Harley and you cant judge people on a few appearences. Give em break I say. Anyway waffle over, I'm with you on that.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Ok who's going to be the first to get one.

spanish%20hat%207761.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Also...how many of our other players would of got such a perfect cross in from that position for Buckley's goal? The control he showed was awesome...more of the same please!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I have been one of the first to be very dismissive of Vicente, tbh I would still be surprised if we see him start more than 5 or 6 games. But I would also be big enough to admit I was wrong, if he rips this second half of the season to shreds and fires us into the play offs. Which a player of his class could easily do...I so hope I am wrong about him. In fact I am very excited of the prospect of being wrong about him!!

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Sounds like he could have been really down/depressed lately then. Lets hope that this is the start of his revival!

I would suggest that he is even more depressed than someone who has lost his iPad. :smile:

Seriously though, if anyone has read or listened to footballers or any sportperson for that matter who are unable to play or compete due to injuries you will know it can be a very depressing time. Some of the people who have doubted Vicente or any other injured Albion player should be ashamed of themselves.

I am so pleased to see Vicente play and show some of the outstanding talent he has. I must say I even get excited when he is warming up. Sad as that may be.

The more we see of him the more points we will get. Bring it on.

Last edited:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if he read the crap people have put on here about him. Those same people now think he is the chosen one after 20 mins of play.

We all play a part in our players future and should support through thick and thin.

Well luckily his English isn't great so he won't have understood most of the vicious comments aimed in his direction by a handful of posters.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Let me explain, I read your previous post as a question ie: Does anyone think he has anything to offer?.

Being a bit fed up with all the negative crap people were saying I knee jerked with the 'boring' as I saw it as another thread to knock the fella. Had I read it the way you meant as in: I still think he has a part to play then I would have agreed totally with you. There's just been too much lack of support from so called supporters, if it's not Vicente it Barnes or Harley and you cant judge people on a few appearences. Give em break I say. Anyway waffle over, I'm with you on that.

Well said.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I just think it's mad. If you were an ex-England international at say, Chelsea, you were once considered 'world-class' and won honours at the top level... Imagine your career had got bogged down with injury problems and then some ex-pro not from your country but speaking your language (i don't know... like steve mcmanaman) in Spain said 'come and play for my team we just got promoted from spanish division 3... we'll pay you alright come on what have you got to lose?'

what would you do? maybe ask some more questions? 'yeah well we just got a new ground (plus point) after 12 years playing in a f***ing dilapidated bullring... erm and... we nearly won the Spanish cup 28 years ago also'

'bring the wife and kids'

you'd have to have a think, wouldn't you? give the guy more respect! (ok i know this thread is for that but i aim this at the whingers)

everyone else - you're doing a bang-up job! it is amazing to have this guy at our club!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here