Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente comments on OS

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Great stuff.

Does sound like he has been suffering some depression by how he mentions mentally and how happy he is now.

Good luck to him and look forward to seeing more appearances from him like Saturday's.

It was a shame some people's frustrations turned to anger over him, but hopefully now it can be all put in the past and we can enjoy having one of the World's great players gracing the blue and white stripes

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, and it doesn't make the problems any less real. I genuinely wish him well - and if we as a club can help to get him on the right path, it will be us who benefit. :)

I agree and certainly wasn't suggesting the issues were any less real as they are mental rather than physical. It looks like the club have managed to find the right approach to getting him fit in the mental sense and I am pleased to see him back on the pitch where he will be a real asset to us.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if he read the crap people have put on here about him. Those same people now think he is the chosen one after 20 mins of play.

We all play a part in our players future and should support through thick and thin.

LOL you were the first person to post on Vicente thread with the comment "boring" when i suggested he still had a part to play.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Hope he has a barnstorming second half of the season and then when his contract ends he remembers those who have helped him!
Would love him to come good!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's interesting is that his comments kinda suggest that he does accept his problems are mental rather than physical. If he's over them...well, sky's the limit.

Here's hoping.

I had a problem with my back for the first time ever, and was off work for 6 weeks. I am normally very active and found those 6 weeks extremely frustrating and depressing. At first you take the painkillers and start the physio but after a few weeks, you don't see any improvement and you start to think that it's never going to get any better. It's easy to slip into that sort of thinking. Of course it did get better but there is a danger that depression can take over at certain points of the recovery.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I agree and certainly wasn't suggesting the issues were any less real as they are mental rather than physical. It looks like the club have managed to find the right approach to getting him fit in the mental sense and I am pleased to see him back on the pitch where he will be a real asset to us.

If you are right my heart goes out to the guy. So pleased to see him back. This guy does need his own song in Spanish.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
If you are right my heart goes out to the guy. So pleased to see him back. This guy does need his own song in Spanish.

In Spanish would be absolutely brilliant. I was thinking he needed a song the other day, but doing it in Spanish would really get behind him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting, the 'mentally' bit. A friend told me 2-3 weeks ago that he had heard his problems were more mental than physically.

From Wikipedia by chance? That is why he left Valencia as they said his injuries were in his head, rather than physical ones.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
From Wikipedia by chance? That is why he left Valencia as they said his injuries were in his head, rather than physical ones.

To be honest, I don't think so; he has links with people at the club through his work. It was just a comment from them but not necessarily from someone directly in the know!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just read the full thing, that is a brilliant interview, and if he can stay fit, it seems Poyet has managed this situation perfectly.

As I've said from the start, another 10 big appearances from him and I would say it was pretty much what we could have expected when signing him.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I had a problem with my back for the first time ever, and was off work for 6 weeks. I am normally very active and found those 6 weeks extremely frustrating and depressing. At first you take the painkillers and start the physio but after a few weeks, you don't see any improvement and you start to think that it's never going to get any better. It's easy to slip into that sort of thinking. Of course it did get better but there is a danger that depression can take over at certain points of the recovery.

But you were lucly that you didnt have 12 idiots on a message board saying you were a waste of space and wages.:facepalm:
Glad your ok now

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
To be honest he is by far the best player in the league and no one can come close to him when he is on the pitch. He can wins games by himself. He is amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here